DLCR: Armored Transport

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays GTC card to rate is...

Armored Transport

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what.  I will always play this card.
4.5: Splashable and first pick worthy.
4.0: First pick pack 1.
3.5: Early pick though not always a first pick.
3.0: Solid early/mid pick.
2.5: Solid pick in color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

I understand why this card was made.  It's so you always have something to help battalion.  That being said this card still isn't that good.  It's 3 mana for a 2/1 which isn't great.  And it's just not that exciting and dies to any removal.

Discuss! 
Todays GTC card to rate is...

Armored Transport

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what.  I will always play this card.
4.5: Splashable and first pick worthy.
4.0: First pick pack 1.
3.5: Early pick though not always a first pick.
3.0: Solid early/mid pick.
2.5: Solid pick in color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

I understand why this card was made.  It's so you always have something to help battalion.  That being said this card still isn't that good.  It's 3 mana for a 2/1 which isn't great.  And it's just not that exciting and dies to any removal.

Discuss! 

1.5 If I pick it, that's because I have an idea for it.

bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
Really only good with Battallion.  It's not bad there, but not terribly great.  It's not going to be eating removal, as it's likely going to be the least problematic creature on the board, so it has staying power.

Still, I'd rather have other Battallioneers over this, and I'd pick this up mid to late pack.  I'll give it a 1.5.  Better than another land in the decks that want it, and the decks that don't simply won't grab it.

Funny thing is, I saw this maindecked in almost every deck that grabbed it at the prerelease.  It's definitely not that good, and has only a marginal place in a specific archetype (Boros). 

Fills out the 3 slot nicely.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

1.5. It's fine with Battalion, good with auras and excellent with bloodrush in a pinch. I've taken 7 from this and Scorchwalker once already.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
Something in the 1.0-1.5 range for me.
Put Madcap Skills on this tank and watch him work!

You can't even use the Spectacle removal on it.
bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
1.5 in boros. 1.0 in Gruul and simic. .5 in Dimir and Orzhov.
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
Bloodrush enabler, Battalion enabler, good aura holder.

1.5 seems about right. Although it is telling that in the Sealed Pool I pulled 3 of these, I put none of them in there (although I probably should have, because the deck turned out to be creature light).
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Who doesn't want to play double Lobber Crew?

I know it is not at all the same card, but the end effect is pretty similar, you get in for 2 a turn.
More often that not, if you attack before playing your cards, the opponent will not risk blocking it because it's not worth it.
At best, you'll block it and it won't die.
At worst, you'll lose your creature and possibly get some damage through in case of added trample...

Every time I played it, it dealt at least 4-6 damage. I think for 3CMC it is worth it.

1.5-2.0        
Give it Riot Gear.

Give it Riot Gear. 1.5

Why?