Mtgo

204 posts / 0 new
Last post
Who on here plays or is interested in playing mtgo? I have just got back into it after a couple of years out and am loving it. I am creating a 'clan' on mtgo for players who play dotp. I mainly play pauper as i don't have the funds for standard. Anyone interested post your mtgo username. Would be good to get a group on there for testing.
Hey monk, I am willing to go back to MTGO. I stopped playing back when the praetors were std, I had a vampire/werewolf deck but in that block vamps were just plain weak.

I never played pauper, how does it work? I don't mind throwing $10-20 every now and then to make a std deck, but I hate there are always people playing with the most expensive cards.

I miss my elf deck that could deal 500 damage in 1 turn.

I will find out what my screen name is.
Pauper is a commons only format. The most expensive deck is 70 tickets but the deck i play and most others you can get for around 20 tickets. I also play momir which is the craziest format ever. It cost 10 tickets for the deck and everyone plays the same deck. It would take to long to explain, google it or i will show you online.
I just dusted off mtgo, so i am game. screen name there is eaglenitewillow.

I haven't bought anything on there in ages, but i play planeswalker and classic alot.  love me some slivers.  
I will google up the different formats, I got a few mythics and planeswalkers that I could sell and buy new decks.
I play MTGO, a have several casual decks that I play. I recreated the old green/white enchantment deck but made it so much better. I usually only spend 10 bucks or less to make my decks. My screen name is kbomb20.
just looked up Momir... looks fun and insane all in one.  Can i just get the momir card, or do i need to buy the basic deck to do it?
These are the sort of decks played in pauper taken from the most recent daily event.

www.wizards.com/Magic/Digital/MagicOnlin...
The momir avatar is around 10 dollars. You then use any 60 basic lands (usually more mountains and swamps for abilities) and your good to go.
I've been playing DotP and MTGO since 2009.  I got hooked on DotP and (as they planned) made the switch to MTGO.  I still buy and play each version of Duels, but also spend a lot of time w/ MTGO.

Since 2009, I have been building each Duels deck using MTGO cards...including all released decks from each version of Duels and all boss decks.  Due to a lack of funds, some decks are missing some key cards (e.g. Geist of Saint Traft, Vindicate, etc.)

I only have 2 pauper decks at the moment, but I can work on building more.  My MTGO gamer tag is Lafave.  Hope to see some people online.
Normally it would be a null response from me since I'm not interested in MtGO.
However, in this instance, I will say "If I get bored enough* I will certainly take a look".

*Which normally would be seen as a "whatever" response. However in this instance I have 8 freakin' nights off in a row.
This is day 2.
All right, my name is Damnnus. I have added everyone and will send PMs when I see yall online.

Man I have a lot of crappy cards lol and a bunch of trade bot friends.

Hey what trader do you guys use for purchasing cards? or just booster packs?    
Man I would love to do this but the problem I have with the format is that you spend money on good cards to play and if one day you decide to quit the game WOTC doesn't send you the physical cards.
They should.
You paid for them.
Plus, I can't scan and import my card stock to use. I do understand why that is not feasible as I could go down to my local shop with a portable scanner and keep asking to see cards.

Got a few bucks coming back from the IRS in the next week or two so, who knows. Maybe I may break down.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Man I would love to do this but the problem I have with the format is that you spend money on good cards to play and if one day you decide to quit the game WOTC doesn't send you the physical cards.
They should.
You paid for them.
Plus, I can't scan and import my card stock to use. I do understand why that is not feasible as I could go down to my local shop with a portable scanner and keep asking to see cards.

Got a few bucks coming back from the IRS in the next week or two so, who knows. Maybe I may break down.

I got a lot of cards and I don't mind giving you some to at least build 1 deck, I don't think I can sell them for much anyways seeing as how there aren't that many mythics or planeswalkers. 
They should.
You paid for them.

I got a lot of cards and I don't mind giving you some to at least build 1 deck, I don't think I can sell them for much anyways seeing as how there aren't that many mythics or planeswalkers. 

I may have to take you up on that.
I know they'er banned but if I could scan in the 4 Fastbond's, Nevinyrral's Disk's and Sol Ring's I would definitely be game.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

I'm making a mill deck for pauper, but is hard cuz only commons are allowed. slow mill
Pauper is a commons only format. The most expensive deck is 70 tickets but the deck i play and most others you can get for around 20 tickets. I also play momir which is the craziest format ever. It cost 10 tickets for the deck and everyone plays the same deck. It would take to long to explain, google it or i will show you online.

I can't believe I never investigated to find out what Momir is. That sounds insane. I will have to start playing that.

Anyway, I'm on MTGO, but I don't care for clans. If you ever play against ProfessorBobo on there, that's me.
I mispelled my name, it's Damannus.

I made a milk deck and tried it out. 1 guys quit as soon as I used my 1st mill turn 2, another guy beat me with a discard black deck, and another idk but I lose 2.

Maybe is cuz I played regular pauper, maybe standard pauper is not as OP.

I will check momir.
Do you guys use any trader bot for buying cards? If so, which one is the cheapest? Or is it better to buy booster packs?

I am really liking the new white cards, specially the gideon planeswalker. I wonder if maybe buying 10 boosters I might get lucky :-ap
For the price of ten boosters you could probably buy 2 of him. I use CardBot. It is always available a it has 7 bots for buying and 7 for selling
Yeah, i will prob do that. I checked on 1 of the selling bots and it was offering me 7 tiks for like 30 of my cards, a lot of rares and sorin which is the only planeswalker that i have. It wanted to take my rare elves and some other stuff, nothing that I have can be used in standard and I do not like classic, cuz the decks are too OP for what I am able to build or buy. So I will just sell everything the bot wants and buy stuff from gatecrash, at least those cards will be standard for like a year.
Cool!
I didn't know milk decks were available.

Show

They should.
You paid for them.

I could be entirely wrong here; Don't they have a program set up where, if you collect an entire Set in MTGO they send you 1 of each card in that set?  It's not the best, certainly not like you're gonna get 4 Oona Queen of the Fae out of them, but it's something.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

There are all types of decks in MTGO.

You can make a sliver, or horror, or scarecrow deck.

Of course some you can only use in classic format, but then people will just blow you up with a cloupost deck. I am no longer familiar with the decks :-(
Yes, if you get at least 1 copy of each card for a specific set, they will send you all those cards physical but taking away the online ones.
Yes, if you get at least 1 copy of each card for a specific set, they will send you all those cards physical but taking away the online ones.

Oh ****.  They take your MTGO copies for the paper copies?  Sounds like something you would cash in when you are quiting MTGO.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

Or if you qualify for a pro tour through mtgo. Or my friend only played standard and would redeem and sell each set before it rotated. And finally for winning the monthly tournament you get 4 of each card in the current block.
This is getting more interesting.
My wife's going to kill me.

Show

I can't even win a draft touney, I suck at building decks when I'm on a limited timer.

I sold an old account I had for like $100, all the money you put into MTGO you are pretty guaranteed to get it back if you quit.
I play MTGO, my account name is dh50.

I've only played in limited events though but I'd be up for a game if we're ever online at the same time. 
Sweet I will add everyone later. I will be online in about 2 hours, probably play in the momir daily event.
I'm game for this- my MtGO username is GeekyDad123.

I've got two standard decks, and an EDH deck based around Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius; plus the Ghave EDH deck that I have yet to tweak. Got a few high value cards, but no planeswalkers. Probably won't be online much this weekend- I've got a box of Gatecrash in cardboard that I preordered, which I'm picking up this afternoon- but I may hop online for a little bit, check on friend requests, and play a few games.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Anyone has any eldrazis for trade? I am thinking of building an eldrazi for classic format, I got a lot of old cards for trade.
I have been approved for a clan. It is call ''Dueling Planeswalkers'' A few guys are already involved. If you are interested let me know.
sign me up, sounds like fun!
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Fun games last night, been rocking the pauper mono green deck that monk runs and its pretty good, i need to get more used to it.

The momir format is sick, it is so random but still a lot of fun. I get to see creatures that I never saw before, some are crap but some are really good.

Also made a classic eldrazi deck and went against eaglewillow's sliver deck, we are 1-1. I gotta work on mine to make it faster so I can take it to 2HG.

Loving MTGO once again, it's like the MMO you can always go back to.
More used to the mono green? Didn't you stomp me every game with it? LOL

Trying to use the cards I already hve to make my pauper deck so I don't have to buy any.  Doesn't work so well against the green deck yet.

Thanks for getting back into MTGO again monk.   
There's a lot of different pauper decks out there and some of them stomp me everytime, like the artifact deck or the enchantment deck.

I am working on the eldrazi deck, came up with 2 different builds that are cheap, except for the eye of ugin:

Eldrazi Spawn
76 cards, 15 sideboard
I copied from the iphone app but didn't come out with the links to the cards :-(
Glad everyone is enjoying it. If there is anything specific about mono green or momir let me know.
What the hell do I do to get lucky in momir? Played with willow last night and he kept getting some beasts, even a damn vampire that steals my lands on his upkeep, wtf????

:-(