Curious about a feat

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Alright I have a monk and can get my Nads up to a max of 54 across the board. My question is if i have stoneroots endurance and the DM rolls a crit that is still under my Nads does the attack now miss? So an example would be if my DM rolled a 53 on a crit against AC and I have 54 AC. The attack would hit but not do max damage HOWEVER i roll a 12 for stoneroots endurance. Would the attack now miss or would I still be hit because it was a crit?
Stoneroot's Endurance turns a critical into a normal hit, right? If so it doesn't do anything in this situation.
Mountain Cleave Rule: You can have any sort of fun, including broken, silly fun, so long as I get to have that fun too (e. g., if you can warp reality with your spells, I can cleave mountains with my blade).
Doesn't do anything as in the attack now misses? Cause a crit would mean an instant hit just not max damage.
The attack would miss if you turned it into a normal hit, yes.
Er?  I'm not so sure.  It's already not a crit, but an auto-hit... I don't think he even CAN turn it into a normal hit.

"Nice assumptions. Completely wrong assumptions, but by jove if being incorrect stopped people from making idiotic statements, we wouldn't have modern internet subculture." Kerrus
Practical gameplay runs by neither RAW or RAI, but rather "A Compromise Between The Gist Of The Rule As I Recall Getting The Impression Of It That One Time I Read It And What Jerry Says He Remembers, Whatever, We'll Look It Up Later If Any Of Us Still Give A Damn." Erachima

Concur - a normal hit, with a 20 on the dice, still cannot miss.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
And if your DM is only hitting on 20s, don't be surprised if he gives his monsters +10 to hit over what they normally have.
Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
No need when there are a ton of auto damage auras out there and zones. Expect the rest of the party to take a beating though.
Sign In to post comments