Leagues

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I did some research, but the only conclusive information I could find was that Leagues are not in MTGO (or the beta) at this time.  I found quotes from 2011 saying that they would like to see implementation in Q4 2012, but that doesn't seem to have happened.

I played this game (and haunted these boards) a long long time ago and would like to come back, but just can't see myself doing it without the slow reintroduction that is League play.  Anyone know when/if they'll be brought back to the game? 
There was something about a 2014 schedule for leagues, I think.
Many players have come to the conclusion that there is no intention for leagues to return at all.
www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.a...

Scroll down to "2013 and beyond"

Leagues mid 2014 at best....
Calavera on MTGO I collect Zendikar Foil Basic lands. Trade me yours! Things that I want to see changed on MTGO: 1: 64 man drafts added to rotation of Events. 2: Visual/Audible Notification of disconnect, deckbuild/afk time expiring and round starts. 3: Prize Payouts as close to draft sets as possible. 4: Rotate Classic draft queues monthly! 5: MOCS level events for Classic/Pauper 6: Power 9! 7: Award Promo Cards for Constructed PEs (esp for Legacy/Classic) 8: Program Split option back in! 9: Set Favorite version in deck editor (i.e. always use x swamp) 10: Better sorting of gold cards in deck editor. 11: Bring leagues Back!
Your children might get to play them...
Firecrest, after taking a multi-year hiatus, I was nervous abour re-entering competitive play. What worked for me was M12 daily sealed events. They offerred basic card interactions, obvious choices for deck building, and seemed to be populated by a number of new players. I quit again after about 4 months (and intend to stay quit unless something radically good happens for the game), but it was a fun run and really cost me very little out of pocket to fit in 5 or 6 events per week. Even qualified for a MOCS which was cool.

M12 may not be current now. M13 is the one to cut your teeth on.
I can't spare a moment for the dog faced boy I won't lend another hand to the worm girl of Hanoi Don't deplete my oxygen for the guy who's turning blue But ask me, and I'll do anything for you
AHAHAHAHAH remember back in 2009 when we thought they would be back in a few months.   AHAHAHAHAHHAHA
Firecrest, after taking a multi-year hiatus, I was nervous abour re-entering competitive play. What worked for me was M12 daily sealed events. They offerred basic card interactions, obvious choices for deck building, and seemed to be populated by a number of new players. I quit again after about 4 months (and intend to stay quit unless something radically good happens for the game), but it was a fun run and really cost me very little out of pocket to fit in 5 or 6 events per week. Even qualified for a MOCS which was cool. M12 may not be current now. M13 is the one to cut your teeth on.

Or try a phantom sealed event, M13 for basic play, and then current set for more interesting play. This is pretty low-price introduction to current cards, it costs four tickets for a sealed build and three matches, and you can even win some boosters when your skills come back. And the next step is then either booster draft, or daily sealeds (which can both be quite expensive for players out of practice).

Go draft, young man, go draft!