Banishments

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Five colors, five permanent types.  Since creatures and lands occur more often than the other three, I specify "creatures with power 4+" and "non-basic lands".  I know blue and planeswalkers aren't correlated (though I think they should be), but that was all that was left.  Its is a little lower because planeswalkers are even rarer than artifacts or enchantments (actually, they're all mythic rare).

Banishment of God
World Enchantment (MR)
When Banishment of God comes into play, exile all other enchantments.
Enchantments can't be cast.

Banishment of Tide
World Enchantment (MR)
When Banishment of Tide comes into play, exile all planeswalkers.
Planeswalkers can't be cast.

Banishment of Blood
World Enchantment (MR)
When Banishment of Blood comes into play, exile all creatures with power 4 or greater.
Creatures with power 4 or greater can't be cast. 

Banishment of Fire
World Enchantment (MR)
When Banishment of Fire comes into play, exile all non-basic lands.
Non-basic lands can't be played.

Banishment of Vines
World Enchantment (MR)
When Banishment of Fire comes into play, exile all artifacts.
Artifacts can't be cast.

You might be wondering, "Why are the converted mana costs so low?"  Well, it's because all of your permanents of that type get exiled, and you can't play a permanent type.
I admire your love of the perfect cycle. However, black exiling creatures doesn't feel right. People will get its a cycle even if you change that. Also lands aren't cast.

And I have a slight problem with white killing enchantments. I thought white was supposed to be the enchantment color full of serra's sanctums and stuff. Maybe switch it and blue.

I like that you are defining color's least favorite permanent though. I am a bit tempted to drop lands and planeswalkers and somehow replace them with sorceries and instants,  though, considering lands/planeswalkers are more "special". Maybe blue can become the instant/sorcery hate color because it has counterspells? I don't know.
I admire your love of the perfect cycle. However, black exiling creatures doesn't feel right. People will get its a cycle even if you change that. Also lands aren't cast.

And I have a slight problem with white killing enchantments. I thought white was supposed to be the enchantment color full of serra's sanctums and stuff. Maybe switch it and blue.

I like that you are defining color's least favorite permanent though. I am a bit tempted to drop lands and planeswalkers and somehow replace them with sorceries and instants,  though, considering lands/planeswalkers are more "special". Maybe blue can become the instant/sorcery hate color because it has counterspells? I don't know.

For whatever reason, white both loves and hates enchantments.  Of the 50 spells that read "Destroy target enchantment", 36 contain white.
Now its just not fair that they get to both have their moat and kill it too. 

Anyways, this brings up the interesting scenario of what are all the color's "likes" in terms of permanents. The problem here is, that green is both the creature color, and the land color. What gives?

Anyways, this brings up the interesting scenario of what are all the color's "likes" in terms of permanents. The problem here is, that green is both the creature color, and the land color. What gives?

What do red and black "like"?  Obviously, blue likes artifacts. 
Would Banishment of God banish itself?
Show
144902215 wrote:
Sometimes I imagine what Cisnero's life must be like. I imagine cargo pants - every pocket stuffed with coins. I imagine him (I almost said "him or her" but then I decided his gender with through the randomization of a small metal disk) - I imagine him, shopping, purchasing food, choosing which spot to park in, all through this meticulous flipping process. I imagine him asking a girl out, taking her to have a drink or whatever and then asking if she wants to play this fun game. When she responds "Sure." he removes a single quarter from one of his jingling pockets. Then proceeds to flip it repeatedly while she calls it - until she is able to make up an excuse to leave. Will he respond to this post? Only if the Chaotic Gods of Copper and Nickel deem it so. Someday many years from now, in the Dystopian future world, I'll ride my Billy Idol Unicycle past a bedraggled slumbub - He'll be clad in armor made all of the (now worthless) coins of yesterdecade. He'll grin a shiny grin at me as he flips another coin - and I'll know who it was. How could I not?
Would Banishment of God banish itself?

I changed it to "All other enchantments".  Good catch.
It's really weird that the white one prevents enchantments as a World Enchantment.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

It's really weird that the white one prevents enchantments as a World Enchantment.

The form of the cycle dictates that everything be a World Enchantment (which, by the way, is high on my list of "Old Mechanics Magic needs to revisit").

Unfortunately, Enchantments are a permanent type themselves...

Red likes PAIN!
Show
144902215 wrote:
Sometimes I imagine what Cisnero's life must be like. I imagine cargo pants - every pocket stuffed with coins. I imagine him (I almost said "him or her" but then I decided his gender with through the randomization of a small metal disk) - I imagine him, shopping, purchasing food, choosing which spot to park in, all through this meticulous flipping process. I imagine him asking a girl out, taking her to have a drink or whatever and then asking if she wants to play this fun game. When she responds "Sure." he removes a single quarter from one of his jingling pockets. Then proceeds to flip it repeatedly while she calls it - until she is able to make up an excuse to leave. Will he respond to this post? Only if the Chaotic Gods of Copper and Nickel deem it so. Someday many years from now, in the Dystopian future world, I'll ride my Billy Idol Unicycle past a bedraggled slumbub - He'll be clad in armor made all of the (now worthless) coins of yesterdecade. He'll grin a shiny grin at me as he flips another coin - and I'll know who it was. How could I not?
The cost to cast a land is
the act of putting only one into play during your turn's main phase.

The mana toll of a land is consider 0 for spell calculations.

If a land has chill (comes into play tapped), a player can consider it a 1 drop that can thrown into play on turn one.

Banishment of Tide
World Enchantment (MR)
When Banishment of Tide comes into play, exile all planeswalkers.
Planeswalkers can't be cast.

exile
creature enchantments
equipment
and counters (won't have to bother with planes walkers with this one)

NO WAR

Sivitri Scarzam rose to challenge the Craw Wurm but was slain by Durkwood Boars.

Liliana emergent

Blue and red both like artifacts (as does white), instants, and sorceries.
White likes artifacts, creatures, and enchantments
Green likes creatures, lands, and enchantments
Black...Black's sort of the Jack of all trades here.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Black doesn't like enchantments, at least it dkesnt interest them. Enchantments are very spiritual, almost religious. They are more protective than powerful. Although black does use them if they need to.
Doesn't interact with them*
I suppose black could like planeswalkers, considering it has a flavor of making a deal with someone that isn't necessarily subservient to you.

But personally I think black likes sorceries more than anything else. Most of its powerful effects, like discard, are sorcery-only.

As for exiling, I've been thinking again (oh no) and I think I'd change it:

Red - Exile all lands.
White - Exile all creatures.
Green - Exile all artifacts
Black - Exile all planeswalkers.
Blue - Exile all enchantments. 

Red is fairly self explanatory.
White has had effects like Wrath of God, but those feel more black now, so exiling creatures is the natural thing to give it.
Green is self-explanatory.
Black hits planeswalkers because its cruel and all. Gives the flavor of "yea, and I'll exile you too when I get the chance." 
Blue hits enchantments because they fit flavor of continuous spells. Thus hitting enchantments is similar to blue's counterspell ability (yes, I know technically planeswalkers and creatures are spells while on the stack, but once they leave, they lose the spell flavor. The spell has been cast, I summoned my creature, its no longer a spell. Enchantments, however, continue being a spell, in flavor, it seems). 
Black doesn't like enchantments, at least it dkesnt interest them. Enchantments are very spiritual, almost religious. They are more protective than powerful. Although black does use them if they need to.

Black views all card types as another resource.

Actually, most colors have their support for one type or another. Black and red (the traditional colors of creature hate) get creature auras just as well as white and green, though creature auras are usually a good way to get two-for-oned in Constructed. Green will be happy with Winter Orb and a bunch of mana dorks.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
I suppose black could like planeswalkers, considering it has a flavor of making a deal with someone that isn't necessarily subservient to you.

But personally I think black likes sorceries more than anything else. Most of its powerful effects, like discard, are sorcery-only.

As for exiling, I've been thinking again (oh no) and I think I'd change it:

Red - Exile all lands.
White - Exile all creatures.
Green - Exile all artifacts
Black - Exile all planeswalkers.
Blue - Exile all enchantments. 

Red is fairly self explanatory.
White has had effects like Wrath of God, but those feel more black now, so exiling creatures is the natural thing to give it.
Green is self-explanatory.
Black hits planeswalkers because its cruel and all. Gives the flavor of "yea, and I'll exile you too when I get the chance." 
Blue hits enchantments because they fit flavor of continuous spells. Thus hitting enchantments is similar to blue's counterspell ability (yes, I know technically planeswalkers and creatures are spells while on the stack, but once they leave, they lose the spell flavor. The spell has been cast, I summoned my creature, its no longer a spell. Enchantments, however, continue being a spell, in flavor, it seems). 

Obviously, I agree on red and green.

I don't understand your thing with white and creatures.  Wrath of God and Armeggedon nonwithstanding, most of the "destroy" spells in white are of enchantments and artifacts.  Likewise, most of the "destroy creatures" spells are in black.  Black has way more creature hate than white does.  Creatures need to be in black.

I don't think blue fits with destroying enchantments AT ALL.  There are FIVE cards that contain "Destroy enchantment" in the rules text and blue in the color.  Every single one of them also has white or green in the cast cost or in the ability cost.  Blue gets planeswalkers because that's all that's left.

I don't understand your thing with white and creatures.  Wrath of God and Armeggedon nonwithstanding, most of the "destroy" spells in white are of enchantments and artifacts.  Likewise, most of the "destroy creatures" spells are in black.  Black has way more creature hate than white does.  Creatures need to be in black.

If this card read "destroy", I'd agree wholeheartedly. I am the first one to say that Wrath of God is a black effect. However, this card DOESN'T read destroy. It exiles. Moreover, it exiles all. White is pretty much THE color when it comes to exiling creatures from the battlefield, and when you make it Wrath of God-ish, it becomes even more white than it otherwise would be. The "power 4 or greater" part makes it even MORE white, as white is the wheenie color and thus could likely use the effect to clear opponent's creatures without touching their own.

Black doesn't exile things. It kills them. I want you to find any black exile creature from the battlefield spell. 
Black doesn't exile things. It kills them. I want you to find any black exile creature from the battlefield spell. 

Eradicate
139359831 wrote:
Sign In to post comments