DotP 2013 Mana Mastery Decklist and Strategies

34 posts / 0 new
Last post
Stevo is gone and the old thread with him. I hope this can be a fine place to discuss the deck as the original was.

Mana Mastery

Creature Size: 5/5
Deck Speed: 1/5
Deck Flexibility: 2/5
Card Sinergy: 5/5

Unlocks

[deck]

2x Bant Charm
2x Jund Charm
2x Naya Charm
2x Maelstrom Pulse
2x Gloryscale Viashino
1x Lightning Angel
1x Witch-Maw Nephilim
1x Child of Alara
1x Finest Hour
1x Maelstrom Nexus
1x Broodmate Dragon
1x Meglonoth
1x Vorosh, the Hunter
1x Elder Mastery
1x Charnelhoard Wurm
1x Enigma Sphinx
1x Kaervek the Merciless
1x Magister Sphinx
1x Violent Ultimatum
1x Empyrial Archangel
1x Godsire
1x Prince of Thralls
1x Sphinx of the Steel Wind
1x Death Mutation
1x Lavalanche

[/deck]

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

I'll kick things off with my build that I just finished today. Card analysis will be on the website in my sig. Be warned, it's the longest one yet.

erdana; font-size:12px; border-collapse:collapse" cellspacing="0" border="0">

"Mega Mastery"

60 Cards. 25 Lands (20 basic; 5 other).

A library for Mana Mastery (Rainbow)

erdana; font-size:9px">Library code: ((((((((~~ATzVfH~~Mega Mastery~~4?=f=2r~~2?zJzR=~~4=4muC2~~1BHPAHe~~1AYbc44~~1?1Omr1~~4A6qsez~~2=qe3qO~~3==WM18~~2?JDdWS~~3?2vriJ~~2BEoJ0C~~1BeAZzN~~2?DQN1h~~1?gJ1y0~~1=bsgK2~~2AY10xV~~1BnZYRy~~1B85w1b~~1?o0t4b~~1=vhBhE~~))))))))

Creature 
   cost  ■■ Child of Alara  6/6   
 Maelstrom Archangel  5/5   
   cost   Charnelhoard Wurm  6/6   
 Kaervek the Merciless  5/4   
 Magister Sphinx  5/5   
   cost   Empyrial Archangel  5/8   
 Godsire  8/8   
 Sphinx of the Steel Wind  6/6   
   cost   Progenitus  10/10  ...
 Spell 
 Land ■■ Evolving Wilds  [/m]Land[m
■■■ Terramorphic Expanse  [/m]Land[m
   cost  ■■■■ Rampant Growth   
   cost  ■■ Bant Charm   
■■■■ Cultivate   
■■ Jund Charm   
■■ Maelstrom Pulse   
 Pernicious Deed   
■■■ Vindicate   
   cost  ■■■■ Allied Strategies   
 [/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m]  cost   Lavalanche  [/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m] 
■■ Savage Twister  [/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m] 

erdana; font-size:9px">Get the deck planner used to make this table.>>>

I usually suck at naming decks, but who didn't see that one coming?

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

I'll kick things off with my build that I just finished today. Card analysis will be on the website in my sig. Be warned, it's the longest one yet.

"Mega Mastery"

60 Cards. 25 Lands (20 basic; 5 other).

erdana; font-size:9px">Library code: ((((((((~~ATzVfH~~Mega Mastery~~4?=f=2r~~2?zJzR=~~4=4muC2~~1BHPAHe~~1AYbc44~~1?1Omr1~~4A6qsez~~2=qe3qO~~3==WM18~~2?JDdWS~~3?2vriJ~~2BEoJ0C~~1BeAZzN~~2?DQN1h~~1?gJ1y0~~1=bsgK2~~2AY10xV~~1BnZYRy~~1B85w1b~~1?o0t4b~~1=vhBhE~~))))))))

Creature 
   cost  ■■ Child of Alara  6/6   
 Maelstrom Archangel  5/5   
   cost   Charnelhoard Wurm  6/6   
 Kaervek the Merciless  5/4   
 Magister Sphinx  5/5   
   cost   Empyrial Archangel  5/8   
 Godsire  8/8   
 Sphinx of the Steel Wind  6/6   
   cost   Progenitus  10/10  ...
 Spell 
 Land ■■ Evolving Wilds  [/m]Land[m
■■■ Terramorphic Expanse  [/m]Land[m
   cost  ■■■■ Rampant Growth   
   cost  ■■ Bant Charm   
■■■■ Cultivate   
■■ Jund Charm   
■■ Maelstrom Pulse   
 Pernicious Deed   
■■■ Vindicate   
   cost  ■■■■ Allied Strategies   
 [/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m]  cost   Lavalanche  [/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m] 
■■ Savage Twister  [/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m] 

I usually suck at naming decks, but who didn't see that one coming?

How many of each basic land you ended up with, Mega? Also, I think it's a good idea for everyone to include this information when posting builds for this deck.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

How many of each basic land you ended up with, Mega? Also, I think it's a good idea for everyone to include this information when posting builds for this deck.

Same thing I had when I started with the initial decklist.

5 Forest
4 Mountain
4 Swamp
3 Island
4 Plains

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

Reborn thread...
Here comes my 3 creature control/burn cut.

Edit:
5 forest
4 plains
4 swamps
3 islands
4 mountains

"The Gates of Angband"

60 Cards. 26 Lands (20 basic; 6 other).

erdana; font-size:9px">Library code: ((((((((~~ATzVfH~~The Gates of Angband~~1=ocVh4~~2?=f=2r~~1A0KnLE~~4=4muC2~~3B28G3W~~1AYbc44~~1?1Omr1~~2?eEcrk~~4A6qsez~~1=qe3qO~~3==WM18~~2?JDdWS~~4?2vriJ~~1AZBANo~~2BEoJ0C~~2?5l705~~1?DQN1h~~1?gJ1y0~~1=bsgK2~~2AY10xV~~1B85w1b~~))))))))

Land 
 Spell ■■ Evolving Wilds  [/m]Land[m
■■■■ Terramorphic Expanse  [/m]Land[m
   cost  
 Spell ■■■■ Rampant Growth   
   cost  
 Spell ■■ Bant Charm   
■■■■ Cultivate   
 Jund Charm   
■■ Maelstrom Pulse   
■■ Naya Charm   
 Pernicious Deed   
■■■ Vindicate   
   cost  
 Spell ■■■ Day of Judgment   
   cost  
 Spell  All Suns' Dawn   
■■ Allied Strategies   
■■ Prophetic Bolt   
   cost  
 Creature  Kaervek the Merciless  5/4   
 Magister Sphinx  5/5   
 Spell  Violent Ultimatum   
   cost  
 Spell  Conflux   
   cost  
 Creature  Progenitus  10/10  ...
 [/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m]  cost  
 Spell  Lavalanche  [/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m] 
 Savage Twister  [/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m] 

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

"Starter"

60 Cards. 24 Lands (20 basic; 4 other).

erdana; font-size:9px">Library code: ((((((((~~ATzVfH~~Starter~~1=ocVh4~~3?=f=2r~~2Bob1X9~~4=4muC2~~2B28G3W~~1BHPAHe~~2=5ljz6~~1AYbc44~~4A6qsez~~2=qe3qO~~2==WM18~~4?2vriJ~~2BEoJ0C~~2?5l705~~1BeAZzN~~2?DQN1h~~1?gJ1y0~~1=bsgK2~~2AY10xV~~1BnZYRy~~))))))))

Land 
 Spell ■■■■ Terramorphic Expanse  [/m]Land[m
   cost  
   cost  
 Spell ■■ Bant Charm   
■■■■ Cultivate   
■■ Jund Charm   
■■ Maelstrom Pulse   
■■ Naya Charm   
 Pernicious Deed   
■■ Vindicate   
   cost  
 Spell ■■ Day of Judgment   
   cost  
 Creature  Maelstrom Archangel  5/5   
 Spell  All Suns' Dawn   
■■■ Allied Strategies   
   cost  
 Creature ■■ Broodmate Dragon  4/4   
■■ Pale Recluse  4/5   
   cost  
   cost  
 Creature  Empyrial Archangel  5/8   
 Godsire  8/8   
 [/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m]  cost  
 Spell  Lavalanche  [/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m] 

This leaves me with 6/4/4/2/4 lands. (6 forests, 2 islands)

Kaervek the Merciless and Godsire are the two cards I'm still not sure about. They are obviously amazing cards, but so are most of the other available bomby options.

Kaervek at least gets me something if he is removed, and if they don't have removal, he's even better. I hate seeing Godsire removed before he loses his summoning sickness, but if they don't have removal available, he is insane. I have tried most of the other bombs as well, and I think these are the 2 I like best among them, with the exception of Empyrial Archangel who is never leaving my build.

The Pale Recluse is probably one of the biggest surprises in my build, but they have been very useful. They aren't there instead of other creatures, they are there instead of the Evolving Wilds. If I have my manabase established, I'd just rather play a 4/5 than a fetchland. Sure, it's a subpar fetch for 2 or a subpar creature for 6, but it has some use at any point of the game, which I can really appreciate.
That sucks about the original thread.  I'm not about to go through all that discussion again though. 

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

Just wanted to repost my current build and it owns in both 2GH and FFA, forget all the other wannabes cuz they are just trying to copy my swagger.

But guess what???

My milkshake is better than theirs...

X-D

erdana; font-size:12px; border-collapse:collapse" cellspacing="0" border="0">"Multi Purpose Mastery"61 Cards. 24 Lands (20 basic; 4 other).A library for Mana Mastery (Rainbow)erdana; font-size:9px">Library code: ((((((((~~ATzVfH~~Multi Purpose Mastery~~1=ocVh4~~3?=f=2r~~2?zJzR=~~1A0KnLE~~4=4muC2~~3B28G3W~~1BHPAHe~~1AYbc44~~1?1Omr1~~2?eEcrk~~4A6qsez~~3==WM18~~4?2vriJ~~1AZBANo~~2BEoJ0C~~2?5l705~~1BeAZzN~~1?gJ1y0~~1=bsgK2~~1B85w1b~~1=Vm8ZV~~1=vhBhE~~))))))))
erdana; font-size:12px; border-top-width:1px; border-right-width:1px; border-bottom-width:1px; border-left-width:1px; border-top-style:solid; border-right-style:solid; border-bottom-style:solid; border-left-style:solid; border-top-color:rgb(64, 174, 68); border-right-color:rgb(64, 174, 68); border-bottom-color:rgb(64, 174, 68); border-left-color:rgb(64, 174, 68); border-collapse:collapse; text-align:left" cellspacing="0" border="0"> Creatures    cost  ■ Maelstrom Archangel  5/5      cost  ■ Magister Sphinx  5/5      cost  ■ Empyrial Archangel  5/8   ■ Prince of Thralls  7/7   ■ Sphinx of the Steel Wind  6/6      cost  ■ Progenitus  10/10  ...
...  Direct damage    cost  ■■ Prophetic Bolt      cost  ■ Kaervek the Merciless  5/4    Removal    cost  ■■ Maelstrom Pulse   ■■■ Vindicate      cost  ■ Violent Ultimatum    Sweeper    cost  ■ Pernicious Deed      cost  ■■■ Day of Judgment      cost  ■■ Child of Alara  6/6    [/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m]  cost  ■ Lavalanche  [/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m]  Card gain    cost  ■ All Suns' Dawn   ■■■ Allied Strategies      cost  ■ Conflux    Land fetch  Land ■■■■ Terramorphic Expanse  [/m]Land[m]    cost  ■■■■ Rampant Growth      cost  ■■■■ Cultivate    Utility    cost  ■■ Naya Charm   erdana; font-size:9px">Get the deck planner used to make this table.>>>

Sorry fel, I just noticed you asked for land count.
I'll edit my post when I get home.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

@squall,
My straw drinks your milkshake.

Show

@squall, My straw drinks your milkshake.

Ewwwww

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

Movie reference damnit!!!!

Show

Is already out there, you can't take it back.
Danial Day Lewis will have something to say about this!

Show

that very moment

Thank you. Awesome movie that I haven't seen in a while.
Gotta watch that one again.

back to the thread......

Show

Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a while.  (Just downloaded the new DLC decks yesterday)

What happened to the old thread? 
Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a while.  (Just downloaded the new DLC decks yesterday)

Don't worry, I've been out of the loop for 20 minutes and I don't know what happened either.

Don't worry, I've been out of the loop for 20 minutes and I don't know what happened either.

Basically, Stevolutionary (the creator of the original thread) deleted his account without knowing that would delete his posts and threads too.

Basically, Stevolutionary (the creator of the original thread) deleted his account without knowing that would delete his posts and threads too.

Huh.
Any particular reason, or just moving on?

Huh.
Any particular reason, or just moving on?

He said he was tired of arguing with you lol

j/k, but you better read it yourself.

..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />He said he was tired of arguing with you lol

j/k, but you better read it yourself.

Okay, pretty much what I gathered.

The latter, not the former.
Here's the Mana Mastery deck I've been playing with. I'm trying to work in the synergy between Defiler and Prince of Thralls. Any advice on how to make it better would be appreciated.

"Starter"

61 Cards. 24 Lands (20 basic; 4 other).

erdana; font-size:9px">Library code: ((((((((~~ATzVfH~~Starter~~3?=f=2r~~2?zJzR=~~1A0KnLE~~4=4muC2~~2B28G3W~~1?eLMbr~~1BHPAHe~~1AYbc44~~1?1Omr1~~2?eEcrk~~4A6qsez~~3==WM18~~4?2vriJ~~2BEoJ0C~~2?5l705~~1BeAZzN~~1?gJ1y0~~1=bsgK2~~2AY10xV~~1B85w1b~~1=Vm8ZV~~1=vhBhE~~))))))))

erdana; font-size:12px; border:1px solid #40ae44; border-collapse:collapse; text-align:left" cellspacing="0" border="0">

Land 

Spell 
■■■■
 Terramorphic Expanse 

[/m]Land[m

cost  

Spell 
■■■■
 Rampant Growth 

cost  

Spell 
■■
 Bant Charm 

■■■■
 Cultivate 

■■
 Maelstrom Pulse 

■■
 Naya Charm 

Pernicious Deed 

■■■
 Vindicate 

cost  

Spell 
■■
 Day of Judgment 

cost  

Creature 
■■
 Child of Alara 
 6/6 

Maelstrom Archangel 
 5/5 

Spell 
■■■
 Allied Strategies 

■■
 Prophetic Bolt 

cost  

Creature 

Defiler of Souls 
 5/5 

cost  

Creature 

Kaervek the Merciless 
 5/4 

Magister Sphinx 
 5/5 

cost  

Creature 

Empyrial Archangel 
 5/8 

Prince of Thralls 
 7/7 

Sphinx of the Steel Wind 
 6/6 

Spell 

Conflux 

cost  

Creature 

Progenitus 
 10/10 

Spell 

Lavalanche 

[/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m] 

Here's the Mana Mastery deck I've been playing with. I'm trying to work in the synergy between Defiler and Prince of Thralls. Any advice on how to make it better would be appreciated.

The problem with that is; Defiler of Souls was good in GM when the expansion was released because 9 of the 15 decks you would play against only had mono colored creatures.  Now, only 9 of 21 decks guarantee you'll see mono colored creatures.  Yes, some of the other creatures in the other 12 are mono colored but you definitely lose out on opportunities quite often with the current metagame.

You're a lose cannon.

Played a few more games tonight and I'm inclined to agree with you, sixty4half. I could never get both Defiler of Souls and Prince of Thralls on the board at the same time. I think Defiler of Souls is decent on it's own since in my experience you still see about 50% mono-color decks since not everyone buys the expansions, but it's not the best option for the deck.

Would you recommend I just cut the Defiler of Souls to get a 60 card deck? Right now I'm thinking about removing the Defiler of Souls and Conflux for the 2 Broodmate Dragon.
Played a few more games tonight and I'm inclined to agree with you, sixty4half. I could never get both Defiler of Souls and Prince of Thralls on the board at the same time. I think Defiler of Souls is decent on it's own since in my experience you still see about 50% mono-color decks since not everyone buys the expansions, but it's not the best option for the deck.

Would you recommend I just cut the Defiler of Souls to get a 60 card deck? Right now I'm thinking about removing the Defiler of Souls and Conflux for the 2 Broodmate Dragon.

+2 Evolving Wilds
+2 Broodmate Dragon
+2 Jund charm
+ Vorosh
+ Finest Hour
+ Enigma sphinx
+ Godsire
+1 Daqy of judment

-Conflux
-Kaervek
-defiller of souls
- conflux
- prince
- Empyrial archangel 
-sphinx of steel wind
- prophetic bolt
- 2 bant charm (optional) to arrive a 61 cards

I wouldn't get rid of Conflux.  It's just too good.  If you want both Broodmates, which I too run, I would drop the Defiler and a Child of Alara.

You're a lose cannon.

It's as shame that I just finally unlocked all of the cards and didn't get to read the previous thread. I have to say, out of all of the decks, this by far has been the hardest to cut down to 60-61 or to configure properly for that matter.

Right now I am working on a build that has optimal card advantage with the right mix of mana fixing. Too much mana fixing and you can't survive. Too little and you can't cast anything. I will post a build once I have settled on one.

This is my cut of the deck:

"Rainbow"

60 Cards. 24 Lands (20 basic; 4 other).

erdana; font-size:9px">Library code: ((((((((~~ATzVfH~~Rainbow~~1=ocVh4~~4?=f=2r~~4=4muC2~~3B28G3W~~1AYbc44~~2?eEcrk~~4A6qsez~~2=qe3qO~~3==WM18~~2?JDdWS~~2?2vriJ~~1AuNfNy~~2?5l705~~1BeAZzN~~1?gJ1y0~~1=bsgK2~~2AY10xV~~1BnZYRy~~1=Vm8ZV~~1?o0t4b~~1=vhBhE~~))))))))

erdana; font-size:12px; border:1px solid #40ae44; border-collapse:collapse; text-align:left" cellspacing="0" border="0">

Land 

Spell 
■■
 Evolving Wilds 

[/m]Land[m

■■
 Terramorphic Expanse 

[/m]Land[m

cost  

Spell 
■■■■
 Rampant Growth 

cost  

Spell 
■■
 Bant Charm 

■■■■
 Cultivate 

■■
 Naya Charm 

Pernicious Deed 

■■■
 Vindicate 

cost  

Spell 
■■■
 Day of Judgment 

cost  

Spell 

All Suns' Dawn 

■■■■
 Allied Strategies 

■■
 Prophetic Bolt 

cost  

Creature 

Meglonoth 
 6/6 

cost  

Creature 

Charnelhoard Wurm 
 6/6 

Kaervek the Merciless 
 5/4 

cost  

Creature 

Empyrial Archangel 
 5/8 

Godsire 
 8/8 

Prince of Thralls 
 7/7 

Sphinx of the Steel Wind 
 6/6 

Spell 

Lavalanche 

■■
 Savage Twister 

I have Naya Charm, Charnelhoard Wurm and All Suns' Dawn there because I feel that this deck needs to play a lot of with its graveyard. I run all Allied Strategies and Prophetic Bolt because I need the deck to keep moving and get me what I need. Other cards that I like are Vorosh, the Hunter which I just could not make room for, Violent Ultimatum which its REALLY powerful combined with the 3 Vindicates but the land restrictions is just too much, Progenitus same issue as Violent Ultimatum and finally Conflux mostly because its too expensive and I feel that the Allied Strategies + Prophetic Bolt work much better and fluently (you could also throw All Suns' Dawn there too). Also, 6 fetch lands is overkill IMO, 4 has been the sweet spot for me. Finally, Magister Sphinx is really powerful but I just don't know where to fit it.
Scorpius,
Here's a wholly different way to approach this deck.

This, if anything, is a serious burn deck.
I'm only running three creatures and for all intensive purposes they are burners also.

Here it is in action.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm5A-vBfxEc

"The Gates of Angband"

60 Cards. 26 Lands (20 basic; 6 other).

erdana; font-size:9px">Library code: ((((((((~~ATzVfH~~The Gates of Angband~~1=ocVh4~~2?=f=2r~~1A0KnLE~~4=4muC2~~3B28G3W~~1AYbc44~~1?1Omr1~~2?eEcrk~~4A6qsez~~1=qe3qO~~3==WM18~~2?JDdWS~~4?2vriJ~~1AZBANo~~2BEoJ0C~~2?5l705~~1?DQN1h~~1?gJ1y0~~1=bsgK2~~2AY10xV~~1B85w1b~~))))))))

Land 
 Spell ■■ Evolving Wilds  [/m]Land[m
■■■■ Terramorphic Expanse  [/m]Land[m
   cost  
   cost  
 Spell ■■ Bant Charm   
■■■■ Cultivate   
 Jund Charm   
■■ Maelstrom Pulse   
■■ Naya Charm   
 Pernicious Deed   
■■■ Vindicate   
   cost  
 Spell ■■■ Day of Judgment   
   cost  
 Spell  All Suns' Dawn   
■■ Allied Strategies   
■■ Prophetic Bolt   
   cost  
 Magister Sphinx  5/5   
 Spell  Violent Ultimatum   
   cost  
 Spell  Conflux   
   cost  
 Creature  Progenitus  10/10  ...
 Savage Twister  [/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m] 

Show

So I finally got back from school and have been messing around with this deck, I love it so far but I'm having a hard time cutting the deck down. At the moment the card I'm experimenting with is kaervek, so far he has disappointed me, he usually gets bopped the moment he hits the field(or countered before that even happens) and even when he does, his ability seems more like a win more ability than an ability that will pull me from the brink like empyrical angel and broodmate dragon. But maybe I'm not looking at the card from the right angle, so I figured id come inquire over here and see what y'all think about him.
I find Kaervek to be generally awesome. Not much you can do about counters, but aside from that, there's very few ways can opponent can deal with him without suffering for it. Ultimately, I suppose it depends on how much other burn you're backing him up with.

Wizards: If it isn't game design, we can't do it right. Frankly, we're kind of shaky on the game design sometimes too.

So I finally got back from school and have been messing around with this deck, I love it so far but I'm having a hard time cutting the deck down. At the moment the card I'm experimenting with is kaervek, so far he has disappointed me, he usually gets bopped the moment he hits the field(or countered before that even happens) and even when he does, his ability seems more like a win more ability than an ability that will pull me from the brink like empyrical angel and broodmate dragon. But maybe I'm not looking at the card from the right angle, so I figured id come inquire over here and see what y'all think about him.

He's a CLEAR 2hd'd/FFA choice imo.  If you're building for 1v1 then I'd playtest all three for awhile.  I'd assume Empyrical would win you the most games in 1v1 duels.

He is in my deck but my MM is slow and doesn't run many creatures.  I lose with it 1v1 more than any other deck that I play 1v1.
I made these for a different purpose originally, but this post has five versions of MM between 5-13 creatures. I feel 6-8 might be appropriate for duels, but for 2HG I'd advocate six or less. There's so many powerful control tools that creatures are basically just "what flavour of win do you want?"

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Wizards: If it isn't game design, we can't do it right. Frankly, we're kind of shaky on the game design sometimes too.