2/5/2013 SF: "Assembling a Legion"

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Serious Fun, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
You do realize that Blind Obidience is an illegal card in this deck, right?  Unless it has been ruled that the B/W color symbol in the keyword's reminder text does not contribute to the color identity of a card?  It certainly belongs more in an Orzov deck anyways. 

A good replacement for that card, if that is the case, is Nomads' Assembly, from ROE.  Doubles the number of creatures on your board, 2 turns in a row.  That, or Conqueror's Pledge, which would also fit the theme of the deck well.  Kor soldiers are still soldiers, after all.

Also, no Hero of Bladehold, or its red counterpart, Hero of Oxid Ridge? 
WotC has ruled that the reminder text does not count as part of a card's color identity. 

Extort (Whenever you cast a spell, you may pay Image. If you do, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain that much life.)

207.2. The text box may also contain italicized text that has no game function.

903.4. The Commander variant uses color identity to determine what cards can be in a deck with a certain commander. The color identity of a card is the color or colors of any mana symbols in that card's mana cost or rules text, plus any colors defined by its characteristic-defining abilities (see rule 604.3) or color indicator (see rule 204).

903.4b Reminder text is ignored when determining a card's color identity. See rule 207.2. 

Face it, you're pretty much here as a meat shield.

If you are at Georgian Court Univeristy or Monmouth Univeristy PM me. If you are out by York College of PA, I can help you reach the group there.

My group ignores off-color hybrid anyway. If you want to play DoPride as WWWWW, may your pride heal you all the better.