What cards are due for a judge foil?

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm surprised Elvish Spirit Guide hasn't had the treatment.
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
Dual Lands
Eureka
Illusionary Mask 

On a serious note:
Scavenging Ooze
Rishadan Port (or is that on the RL?)
Glimmervoid
Nimble Mongoose?
Rishadan Port (or is that on the RL?)

They stopped doing that in Mercadian Masques.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I don't think Tooth and Nail, Charbelcher, the Sphinx, the Leviathan or Summoner's Pact are exciting enough. Why do you have Insurrection there? What did I miss?

It was my understanding that the Judge promos tend to alternate between eternal all-stars that haven't been pimped out yet, and Commander staples because Commander was invented by judges.
And occasionally Portal 3 Kingdoms stuff.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
bitterblossom seems judge worthy. 
Chains of Mephistopheles
Forest, and maybe island. Shardless agent would be cool, but that's not going to happen any time soon.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
bitterblossom seems judge worthy. 

Been done.
Forest, and maybe island. Shardless agent would be cool, but that's not going to happen any time soon.

I so want Rebecca Guay forests and islands.
139359831 wrote:
Chains of Mephistopheles

I would totally pay $100 apiece for those. 

A wise man on film sequels:
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Decks: :R::G: Karn Tron :R::U: Bloody Fish There Will Be Blood (movie).
Chains of Mephistopheles

I would totally pay $100 apiece for those. 

That card is ****ing sweet, right? 
I've personally felt that Cataclysm was long overdue for better art. Same goes for Flash.

They need to continue to give old frame foils to new frame staples.

They've already done Sword of Fire and Ice and Sword of Light and Shadow, as well as Dark Confidant and Noble Hierarch.

Old frame versions of:  The  Zendikar Fetchlands, the Rav Shocklands, Tarmogoyf, Elspeth, Mindsculptor, Thoughtseize, Scavenging Ooze, Path to Exile, etc.

Unfortunately, the last batch of judge foils they did contained no old frame cards.  Just swords to golf clubs, bribery, and imperial recruiter.  It frustrates me to know end that they don't embrace players who prefer the old frames.  They never should have changed in the first place, but the least they can do is give players who want old frames promos on a somewhat regular basis.
Old frame Sensei's Divining Top.  It would be worth thousands.
Old frame versions of the original Planeswalkers. I'd really like to see how they'd pull that off.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin

Yeah, I own a playset of chains atm.  I would love to see some GOOD new art on them.  However, looking at the track record with legends reprints, they're batting 0 with old picture new border Underworld Dreams and new art Karakas.. 

Old frame versions of the original Planeswalkers. I'd really like to see how they'd pull that off.

I'm not even a fan of the old frames and I'd like to see that.

Yeah, I own a playset of chains atm.  I would love to see some GOOD new art on them.  However, looking at the track record with legends reprints, they're batting 0 with old picture new border Underworld Dreams and new art Karakas.. 

I like the origanal art, your opponents face looks just like the one on the card when they finally understand what it does.

<----- Loser.

I'm not even a fan of the old frames and I'd like to see that.

While the old card frames feel nostalgic for me, I don't think it looks good enough for most cards.  It's pretty exclusively artifacts, imho.  I loved seeing the Darksteel Swords in old card frames, and I'd especially love to see the three new ones join them, but ultimately, cards like Dark Confidant don't look very unique or cool in old card frames.  Maybe some Future-shifted cards, just in general, but overall, meh.  I get much more excited to see old cards in new frames than vise-versa.  Revive and Frenzied Tilling both got me all giddy, for example.  

But Planeswalkers have never existed in an old frame.  Could be cool.

Oh, also, mythic rares.  We've never had a card with a mythic rarity in an old card frame.

If FtV: Twenty is in old card frames, but still has mythic symbols, I'd die of happiness. 
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Sign In to post comments