2/4/2013 FTL: "Fury of the Legion"

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's From the Lab, which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the second game have ultimately gone to "Tokens of Rage"?  I find it difficult to believe it would miss 20+ Soul Warden triggers, but stranger things have happened.

I think a Soltari Trooper could overcome a single Soul Warden, but not a 1 power creature.

You have this:

1/3 with Splinter Twin (tapped)
1/3 from EoT
1/3 from that turn, with Fury

You attack with the two 1/3s, sacrifice the unenchanted one, and all your guys untap. So you make another one with Splinter Twin. You're always attacking with one new 1/3 and one 1/3 with Fury on it, so you can overcome a single Soul Warden type (although not two, without something more). 
Still wondering why mike tests the decks he creates against himself.  I mean, it's always useful to know how you'll do in the mirror, but wouldn't testing in some mol room make for more interesting matchups?
I like the zanny lab pit fights. It's not about taking your lab brews and working on it in the Pro Tour testing room; it's about seeing the wacky happen, and the impossible possible. Possibly twice as often as normal. I think it's a brilliant idea.
Still wondering why mike tests the decks he creates against himself.  I mean, it's always useful to know how you'll do in the mirror, but wouldn't testing in some mol room make for more interesting matchups?

also, hes testing decks at about the same level of competitiveness. That way he doesn't find a casual player who just plays budget or weak decks and lose, he finds places combos are actually possible and usual
Yeah I guess you fellas raise some solid points.  I think I just keep forgeting that Mike tests that way so I get all surprised and weirded out.  Also the word zany convinced me hella hard. 
Sign In to post comments