Card: Change of Plans

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Plans of Change     (3)(R)(R)(R)
Instant

---------------------------------------------------------
Remove all attacking creatures from combat.
You gain an additional combat phase next turn.

The ability to prevent the enemy one turn from attacking you while gaining a bonus. Or, if you choose to be different, save your creatures and gain two attack phases next turn.

Three red mana to ramp the costs of the card since an additional combat phase is rather powerful potentially. Instant to make it more versatile in use.

Edit;  Changed name of card because of brainfart.
Instant

The ability to prevent the enemy one turn from attacking you while gaining a bonus. Or, if you choose to be different, save your creatures and gain two attack phases next turn.

Three red mana to ramp the costs of the card since an additional combat phase is rather powerful potentially. Instant to make it more versatile in use.

Red gets fogs? Seems Boros. 3WWR. It would also be cool at 3WRU- you're stealing their combat step.
Instant

Red gets fogs? Seems Boros. 3WWR. It would also be cool at 3WRU- you're stealing their combat step.

Point well taken.
Red removing creatures from combat is un-red. White seems better or a small bleed to green could be possible. Still primary red in my mind.

(3)(W)(R)(R)

Not wanting to push it into three colors due to the difficulty to cast it unless the block resolves around 3 colored decks. (e.g. lair blocks)

It like how it doesn't uptap creature removed from combat. That part never made sense to me on the Maze of Ith.

president obombya speaks anger prejudice and a time for US foreign air strike while the US worries about its rights

Let 'em burn [Frozen Parody]
It like how it doesn't uptap creature removed from combat. That part never made sense to me on the Maze of Ith.

I am guessing that is due to the dual nature of Maze of Ith. It can stop a creature from attack you or save one of you so you cn use it later on. I simply acts as if nothing happend. Except ofcourse when an attack trigger happens like Hellrider. Which reminds me o a rather funky combo I developed upon combining Gustcloack savior and The Wretched with each other. :P

This card punishes for the combat. Leaving the attacker without the ability to use those creatures in defense. E.g. If the opponent is the attackker he will most likely be out of the game unless he has his own countermeasue (e.g. damage prevention, combat prevention or remaining blockers). But it also works in the disadvantage if you want to save your own creatures since it leaves them blocked and thus gives the opponent more chance of preventing you from actually reaching the double combat phase.
Interesting that it doesn't give you any way to untap your creatures for a second combat, relying on vigilance creatures or other tricks .
Was that deliberate?
Interesting that it doesn't give you any way to untap your creatures for a second combat, relying on vigilance creatures or other tricks .
Was that deliberate?

I have been wresteling with that thought actually. More in the card wording to be precise. I think giving fvigilance next turn is better then using the untap wording because of errata. Double combat means nothing if you can't use it. Another way would be to increase the white factor and encourange vigilance natural creatures. so two variations are in my mind.

1):

Plans of Change     (3)(W)(R)(R)
Instant

Creatures you control gain vigilance during your next turn. You gain an additional combat phase next turn.

or

1):

Plans of Change     (3)(W)(W)(R)
Instant

The first solving the tap issue of creatures during the next turn and first attack. The second enhancing White factor thus hinting to vigilance stated creatures.
Changing Tactics     (3)(W)(R)(R)
Instant

Creatures you control gain vigilance during your next turn.

Decision made plus namechange for Boros 
Extra combat is secondary in white in that white is allowed to use it if it needs to, and Tahngarth got vigilance to enable his design, and  soooooo if you really want to be bold this might could be hybrid?

()()()?
Extra combat is secondary in white in that white is allowed to use it if it needs to, and Tahngarth got vigilance to enable his design, and  soooooo if you really want to be bold this might could be hybrid?

()()()?

I have been thinking about this a lot this day. I hadn't thought about hybrid thou.

Looking at it I don't really want to go hybrid since it might make the cast too easy even though it is possible. I do think the addition of vigilance makes it a definitly more white card. So I was thinking of changing it to

Changing Tactics     (3)(W)(W)(R)

But that might be me biased upon hybrid cards thou. I am open to a vote about that ruling.
I do think that mana cost is the only thing still debatable about this card. the rest seems finsih (except for the obviously missing art :P )
I suppose you could use an untap clause if you'd prefer to keep it in red.