A little love for the Community

Hello everybody,
Now I'm, sure this thread is going to tank as it's not a trainwreck type and therefore will likely get no attention (seems the trainwreck threads and flame wars get lots of views after all). I just want to take the time as a more traditional Old school gamer to thank the various demographics players for all their hard work and contributions to the Playtest. Thanks for voicing all your ideas and experiences and opinions in an effort to make D&D the best R.P.G. ever. I firmly believe that every past edition of D&D has something great to add to our gaming experience with Next. I'm not so sure the best from the rich history has made it into the playtest yet, nor can I say all the best input has even been considered as of yet, but man this community really is passionate for this hobby. Over the Past eight months I have strove with you, listened to you, discussed the game with you, relived your experiences with you, and felt your fustrations and concerns. I'm glad to have you as a sounding board for the exchange of ideas. So I'd like to take the oppertunity to say thanks and to challenge each of you to remain vigilant and keep fighting the good fight, ( not warring the old war) to make D&D Next something we all can embrace and play together. 
No snark, no hidden agenda, no edition bias, Thank you.

Brightmantle, 1st Knight of the brave order of WTF. 
                                 "Edition wars kill players and that kills D&D"
Thanks to you too, buddy!
Well said brother, right back at you!
YOU HAVE MY AXE!
We here at Wizards would also like to extend a hearty "thank you" to the community and every playtester whose passion for D&D is helping to shape the next iteration of this great game.

Thank you! 

All around helpful simian

Thanks, Brightmantle! I'm enjoying the playtesting a great deal.

Thanks to WotC, too, for giving us this opportunity.

I've gotten a number of really great ideas, both from the packets and from posts from the community. So even if some of those ideas don't make it into the final game, a number of them will end up in MY game. This community is really inventive and creative!

In memory of wrecan and his Unearthed Wrecana.

This is a +5 Thread of Greatness.
My two copper.
Right there with you in the big, whole-hearted thanks that goes to the Community and to the Developers.
I may not agree with various members of the community but the dialog that comes out of those disagreements I can only hope strengthen what the game becomes.
A big thanks to Mearles for putting his neck out there to hacked at by an occasionally rabid community. Fans are dangerous creatures and it takes a brave man to try and redirect the mob. 
Hello everybody,
Now I'm, sure this thread is going to tank as it's not a trainwreck type and therefore will likely get no attention (seems the trainwreck threads and flame wars get lots of views after all). I just want to take the time as a more traditional Old school gamer to thank the various demographics players for all their hard work and contributions to the Playtest. Thanks for voicing all your ideas and experiences and opinions in an effort to make D&D the best R.P.G. ever. I firmly believe that every past edition of D&D has something great to add to our gaming experience with Next. I'm not so sure the best from the rich history has made it into the playtest yet, nor can I say all the best input has even been considered as of yet, but man this community really is passionate for this hobby. Over the Past eight months I have strove with you, listened to you, discussed the game with you, relived your experiences with you, and felt your fustrations and concerns. I'm glad to have you as a sounding board for the exchange of ideas. So I'd like to take the oppertunity to say thanks and to challenge each of you to remain vigilant and keep fighting the good fight, ( not warring the old war) to make D&D Next something we all can embrace and play together. 

Well said.

And my thanks to the Knights of WTF.

You have been less active of late, which has been a loss to all of us.

May all involved continue to keep the good of everyone in mind as we strive together to make Next into the game we all deserve.     
Thanks to you as well.

Reality Refracted: Social Contracts

My blog of Random Stuff 

Dreaming the Impossible Dream
Imagine a world where the first-time D&D player rolls stats, picks a race, picks a class, picks an alignment, and buys gear to create a character. Imagine if an experienced player, maybe the person helping our theoretical player learn the ropes, could also make a character by rolling ability scores and picking a race, class, feat, skills, class features, spells or powers, and so on. Those two players used different paths to build characters, but the system design allows them to play at the same table. -Mearl

"It is a general popular error to suppose the loudest complainers for the publick to be the most anxious for its welfare." - Edmund Burke

Back to Product and General D&D Discussions -- because the mobile site is bad. (Fixed!)

I been told bad deeds scream louder then good deeds(referring the flaming and edition wars)

Today, it's time to turn it around. I also give my thanks to the community.  
YOU HAVE MY AXE!

AND MY BOW!
Three cheers for Brightmantle's post, for Brightmantle, for the community and for WotC.   Hazzah!

A Brave Knight of WTF - "Wielder of the Sword of Balance"

Rhenny's Blog:  http://community.wizards.com/user/1497701/blog

YOU HAVE MY AXE!

AND MY BOW!

AND MY SWORD

YOU HAVE MY AXE!

AND MY BOW!

AND MY SWORD

IF THIS IS THE WILL OF THE COUNCIL, THEN GONDOR SHALL SEE IT DONE!

(probably slight misquote there but I felt the need to round it out, I miss the days when we had Valdark and company sheathing our metaphorical swords and talking together until we came up with the basis of the Expertise die).

Wink
The one thread to rule them all!

One thread to find them.

One thread to find them.

One thread to bury them all!

YOU HAVE MY AXE!

AND MY BOW!

AND MY SWORD

I'VE GOT A BASEBALL BAT WITH NAILS THROUGH IT IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED.

These, in the day when heaven was falling, The hour when earth's foundations fled, Followed their mercenary calling, And took their wages, and are dead. Playing: Legendof Five Rings, The One Ring, Fate Core. Planning: Lords in the Eastern Marches, Runequest in Glorantha. 

Hugz for everyone

Fear is the Mind Killer

We are all taking part in a good process to create something great.

Our discussions and diversity give us options and strengthen the quality of the end result.

:D

Key things for D&D - Where is the character from and why do they do what they do? / Recurring NPCs - allies and enemies / Plot, World and Personal Events.

Hello everybody,

Judging by the posts that I remember, my impression is, you personify the old school style of D&D. For myself, I probably dont want to be labled by any edition of D&D. There are aspects of each edition that I value. I love all of D&D. Perhaps more important, I tend to appreciate and admire the people who play D&D. Intelligent, intuitive, independent, idealistic, fun, exploratory, dramatic, friendly, the list goes on. The people who play D&D are awesome.

YOU HAVE MY AXE!

AND MY BOW!

AND MY SWORD

AND MY BITING SOCIAL COMMENTARY!

5 Minute WorkdayMy Webcomic Updated Tue & Thur

The compilation of my Worldbuilding blog series is now available: 

Jester David's How-To Guide to Fantasy Worldbuilding.

YOU HAVE MY AXE!

AND MY BOW!

AND MY SWORD

The “jester”, the most powerful weapon of all.
YOU HAVE MY AXE!

AND MY BOW!

AND MY SWORD

Let's do this D&D style. 

YOU CAN HAVE MY +3 FROST AXE

Hello everybody,

Well put!  Also, I'm not dead!  (Yes, I still exist... sometimes)

An undead spectre occasionally returning to remind the fandom of its grim existence.

Some good pointers for the fellow hobbyist!:

• KEEP D&D ALIVE, END EDITION WARS!
  • RESPECT PEOPLES' PREFERENCES
  • JUST ENJOY THE GAME!
Sign In to post comments