So what are the chances for more unlocks?

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
The newer decks only have 30 unlockable cards and some, like RG, could use a buff. Do you think they will add another 10 cards to them? I personally would like them to do that, at the very least, and ideally another 5, including existing decks. Those cards would have to be mainly removal/counter/combat tricks, to bring them in line with SS's massive 15+ removal cards). What are the odds?
I agree, RG and S&S both need some buffs. At their current state, they only win when very lucky. MM or OD don't need luck most of the time.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

I can't stop to wonder - if 0, then why this thread exists?

Wishful thinking.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Agree. But with reference to Sean in the first post and really, really much efforts to develop it... As I said earlier, I intend to hope)

someone need to make a post calling out sean and asking him on some info or a % if they will or not instead of people making the same threads every week til 2014 comes out there has to be something he know thats he didn't post 
Knowing things and being able to post them publically without losing his job are two different things.

Besides, him having access to that information isn't as likely as you think. He works for Wizards, not for Stainless.

I can't talk about the other guys, but for me it was just to have some fun and to put the deck tunner side of my brain to work. I never had, and still haven't, any hope for more unlocks. So, the answer to the OP's question is 0%, at least for me.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

I think if we were going to get more dlc cards for the deck pack decks, it would be coming out early February, meaning that Sean would be making an announcement about it within the next couple of days.
Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp2013/ Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/ I am Blue/White
I think if we were going to get more dlc cards for the deck pack decks, it would be coming out early February, meaning that Sean would be making an announcement about it within the next couple of days.

Indeed.

If it would happen, it should then.

I still don't hold out too much hope at all.

Show

Thanks for the replies... not sure I understand all the pessimism, though. It can't be that hard to do and some decks are obviously lacking the buff. Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to discuss and have a great day.
It's not that everyone on here is a pessimist, but many of us have been playing Duels since (2009?).  Based on past experience, once they release the last deck pack/DLC for any given version we never hear from them again...until they want to make money on the next version.

I would be estatic if they released more unlocks, but realistically, it's not going to happen...I hope I'm wrong, but as thedevilwuster said, it's just wishful thinking.

P.S.  I love the game and still play all versions on XBOX (mostly DotP '13 obviously) and MTGO all the time; but customer service is, at times, sorely lacking.
Thanks for the replies... not sure I understand all the pessimism, though. It can't be that hard to do and some decks are obviously lacking the buff. Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to discuss and have a great day.

I'm a realist* (seriously, people get annoyed sometimes at how often that comes up ) and the answer is still 0.

That thread that was mentioned earlier was invoked because in the past, community uprising has brought about (typically minor) changes in the game. Since these promo cards were free, I felt this would be typical of a minor change, but still required a LOT of attention so I messaged key personnel and got what I hoped was a huge-ass ball rolling.

Then when Raptr had their Q&A with the peeps of DotP, I sent the question directly to DotP designer Ken Troop, who sent a response directly back at me which, in a nutshell, said "it was a mistake that at the time didn't seem like a mistake, but it's one we learn from and ensure it doesn't happen again."

That, combined with no mention of the part of my question which referenced having the cards added, means the cards are not to be added.
So that thread exists because it's inception predates the actual denial of the cards.

*If anyone asks:
An Optimist sees the glass half full.
A Pessimist sees the glass half empty.
A Realist sees the glass at half capacity.
Yak Cast - MMO Podcast: http://yak.mmoSmackTalk.com Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/yakmmosmacktalk Follow me on Facebook: http://facebook.com/YakCast
Damn....

2 posts of yours I have liked.

I feel the universe imploding.

Show