DLCR: Angelic Skirmisher

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays final GTC card to rate is...

Angelic Skirmisher

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what.  I will always play this card.
4.5: Splashable and first pick worthy.
4.0: First pick pack 1.
3.5: Early pick though not always a first pick.
3.0: Solid early/mid pick.
2.5: Solid pick in color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

This card is a beat stick!  Being able to get the ability on every combat step is awesome.  This card is so good.  The only way I can see passing it is pack 3 if you don't have any white.

Discuss! 
That it works on both offense and defense is the kicker. Vigilance in your guys that aren't in danger of dying and then either first strike or lifelink accordingly on defense = win. Not actually very splashable with double white, but

Strong 4.0.

bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
4.0-4.5, it's a close one. I think 4.5, since it immediately changes the board. Plus, you can give your creatures vigilance on the turn it comes into play, swing, then during your opponent's attack give them first strike. Nuuuuuuuuuutso.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

I think it has to be a 4.5 on the potential. This is going to be killer with practically any board pressence, and can even be strong on it's own.
4. It's very good.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
That it works on both offense and defense is the kicker. Vigilance in your guys that aren't in danger of dying and then either first strike or lifelink accordingly on defense = win. Not actually very splashable with double white, but

Frankly, if I opened this and was nowhere near white as an option, I'd try find a way to splash for it.  This creature is phenomenal in limited, and will swing games.  Considering its 6-cost, it does give you time to find some fixing.  That said, I wouldn't include it if my deck were extremely solid without it, but I've seen  this in action and its almost worth the risk.

Will agree with 4.5, although it is *almost* a 5 with the exception of the double white.
4.5. Only held back by the double white. I'd call this unpassable.
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
I don't know if I can call this one strictly 4.5 but it sure is better than most 4.0s.  I can see passing it sometimes in Pack 3, but that's about it.  It's like a 4.49.
Frankly, if I opened this and was nowhere near white as an option, I'd try find a way to splash for it.  This creature is phenomenal in limited, and will swing games.  Considering its 6-cost, it does give you time to find some fixing.  That said, I wouldn't include it if my deck were extremely solid without it, but I've seen  this in action and its almost worth the risk.
Will agree with 4.5, although it is *almost* a 5 with the exception of the double white.

Totally agree with this. It is exceptionally strong.   

I think it has to be a 4.5 on the potential. This is going to be killer with practically any board pressence, and can even be strong on it's own.

I remember one game I had no reason to lose at the prerelease. My opponent played it on his empty board. I had 2-3 creatures (all of them < 4/4), and no removal. Vigilance on the offense, Lifelink on the defense. I lost.

Totally agree. I wasn't saying I wouldn't try to splash for it because I definitely would. I meant that it isn't easy to splash and part of the 4.5 definition is splashable. I think we are on the same page.

Totally agree. I wasn't saying I wouldn't try to splash for it because I definitely would. I meant that it isn't easy to splash and part of the 4.5 definition is splashable. I think we are on the same page.

Really, the only guild I might not consider splashing it with is Simic, as there are no bridge colors for it.  Both Gruul and Dimir have the option available to them, and although I wouldn't snag the Guildgates over particularly strong color-aligned cards, I would pick them in a mediocre pack if I have a solid pool going. 

With either Orzhov or Boros, however, you should include this every bloody time.  And even in Simic I'd hate draft this and hard.
This card is amazingly strong.

I was playing Orzhov, had the game completely in hand with a Wight of Precinct Six enchanted with Gift of Orzhova and a Holy Mantle, with a few random extort creatures on the field.

He had the green creature that destroys enchantments when it becomes blocked.  He dropped this card.

Suddenly we were having ten, sixteen point life swings every turn.

At one point I got him to 1 life, but his bomber corps pinged one of my creatures and got a point of  life link and I had only two opwn mana so I could only extort once off my smite.

Finally, when had critical mass of creatures to overcome my lifelink from the wight, I topdecked some removal to kill his angel.  But by that point we had basically filled up a page and half of life point changes on our scoresheets.  Tongue Out
Sign In to post comments