Advice on Simic deck and Red/Black deck!

13 posts / 0 new
Last post

I'd like some feedback on these two decks please! The first one is just an expansion of the Simic deck I built at my pre-release since it was fun to play and won me three tournaments in a row. I know it'll also be best to cut some cards to get more doubles in there, but these are just based on the cards I physically have right now.

Next is a Red/Black deck that I've also done pretty well with. I'd like to know if you think I should cut anything and add any of these Gatecrash cards? : Skullcrack, [CARD]Massive Raid[/CARD], [CARD]Mugging[/CARD], [CARD]Contaminated Ground[/CARD], [CARD]Grisly Spectacle[/CARD], [CARD]Basilica Screecher[/CARD]

[DECK]
Creatures

3x Hellhole Flailer
3x Vampire Nighthawk
4x Rakdos Shred-freak
1x Spawn of Rix Maadi
3x Slitherhead
2x Knight of Infamy
1x Thundermaw Hellkite
1x Rakdos Cackler
1x Lightning Mauler
4x Gore-House Chainwalker
2x Mogg Flunkies
3x Goblin Arsonist

Spells

1x Victim of Night
4x Searing Spear
1x Ultimate Price
2x Brimstone Volley
2x Pillar of Flame

Lands

4x Rakdos Guildgate
7x Mountain
4x Evolving Wilds
7x Swamp[/DECK]

IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/8102856493/Scorecards/Landscape.png)

I know it is not yet available to purchase, but your simic deck has a lot of one-ofs. Try planning on multiples of your cards, make room for when Gatecrash comes out. Also, the simic love counters, why not give them counters from the innistrad block as well Blessings of Nature and Increasing Savagery have a permanent place in my simic deck. here's mine

Simic is really very fun, and I hope you enjoy playing it! Most of the simic cards are pretty inexpensive (as long as they arent the mythics[]) As for your red/black, I run mine with either unblockable or +1/+1 counters, I see that you use alot of removal, have you thought about Murder? Why not cut a card you dont really need, for a fourth Vampire Nighthawk? Hes an impressive creature and works well with exalted. Also, maybe replace 2 Evolving Wilds for a Swamp and Mountain, I would much rather draw a mountain and play it untapped, than draw an evolving wilds instead, then search for said mountain, only to play it tapped
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Thanks for the fantastic suggestions! And I really like your deck as well, Prime Speaker Zegana is definitely on my wants list. :o I'm planning on getting some more GTC at the upcoming FNM, and maybe there will be enough commons/uncommons I need left over from the pre-releases this weekend, because I know at least on Saturday only a few people played Simic so a lot of other players may have tossed their Simic pulls (or so I hope) ;D. I know I do have Wildwood Rebirth, Bioshift, Farseek, Murder, and another Vampire Nighthawk, so I'll dig those up and try them out. ^-^

EDIT: For the Red/Black I've removed two Evolving Wilds for one Swamp and one Mountain; removed Victim of Night for a fourth Vampire Nighthawk; removed one Slitherhead, two Pillar of Flame, and Ultimate Price for four Murder.

For the Simic I removed Alpha Authority for one Farseek (I only have one); two Last Thoughts for two Bioshift; and one Thought Scour and one Sage's Row Denizen for two Wildwood Rebirth.

I am glad you like, my husband and I both pulled really well during the prerelease, almost no rares, all mythics, so I am lucky to have the Biomancer and Zegana. Let me know how the changes help!
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I'll say! Almost nobody at my pre-release was able to pull even a single mythic!

we got
Enter the Infinite
Hellkite Tyrant
Gideon, Champion of Justice
3 Prime Speaker Zeganas
Master Biomancer
Duskmantle Seer (hes shiny [:D])
our roomie pulled Aurelia, the Warleader
it was a good prerelease to say the least
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Wow... o__o That Enter the Infinite is pretty crazy!

I know! need an Omniscience now :D
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Good luck with your booster pulls! Even though it costs 10 mana you could really tear people up with that!

Haha thanks! I hope you get Zegana when gatecrash comes out, she is worth all that mana
imagine having Adaptive Snapjaw on the field the turn before and then she comes in as a 7/7 and you draw 7 cards. She is beautiful!
Good luck in your pulls as well :D
as for your your black/red, you have burn and removal, why not look into Rakdos, Lord of Riots? or Rakdos's Return? those may be helpful as well
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
I sure hope so, thanks! I'm planning on grabbing some more at this week's FNM and seeing if there are any good leftovers from the pre-release, even if it's just some doubles or guild gates.
Those two would be awesome, I'll have to keep my eye out for those as well! 

at cardkingdom.com, both are under $6, the return at 5.95 and the Lord of Riots at 3.50
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Well, I know where I'll be looking then. :D

Sign In to post comments