Post Your Red/Blue Deck Here!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm looking for modern izzet deck ideas. They have to be EXTREMELY competitive lists. I'm looking to go all out.  Also, I'm looking for control over aggro in early game. So get to posting! Please!
You'll get way better feedback if you actually put forth a list to discuss, even if it's bad.

Asking other people to build decks for you comes off as lazy. Show that you actually put effort into your ideas and you'll get some response and discussion. 
It's true.  Especially when you can just type "Modern Izzet Deck" into Google and get like fifteen lists in no time.  As an example, here's an Modern Epic Experiment deck that took me like 5 seconds to find.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Well, I've never played modern so I don't really know what to expect. That's why I was hoping some people would already have lists that I could pull and play with.
Expect there to be Jund, Pod (Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker and Melira, Sylvok Outcast versions), Storm (well, until the bannings come into effect), Splinter Twin/Deceiver Exarch, Affinity, BUG Infect, G/R Tron, U/W/R Midrange (man, that deck is everywhere) and probably some 4-color Gifts Ungiven and/or Mystical Teachings control.There's roughly the entire format in a sentence...

You can't just expect people to share their lists, especially given something so wide open as "an Izzet" deck and especially not when it's the PTQ season for Modern.  I play a very competitive U/R deck that sounds exactly like what you're asking for that is completely off the radar (I know of exactly two others who play a similar list, and one is the designer and another is my testing partner), but there's no way in hell I'm giving a random stranger on the Internet the list when I'm grinding PTQs with it.  No one is going to give up their super secret tech to a random internet dude, especially considering you've contributed nothing so far.

You want to pull a list and play with it?  Google it.  Use TCGPlayer.com's database.  Whatever.  Just don't beg people for their lists...
It's also worth noting that you'll learn more about the format by exploring it for yourself. Build a deck that you think is good, then post it here asking for feedback. Absorb the feedback, understand why cards you chose were good/not good, and revise. 

Over and over and over again.

You'll be better off and have a stronger understanding of what drives the format in the end. When you just grab a deck and go, you don't know why the cards in it were chosen, just that they were.

Teach a man to fish, etc etc... 

Well, I've never played modern so I don't really know what to expect. That's why I was hoping some people would already have lists that I could pull and play with.

Try out that Epic Experiment deck I linked.  It seems like a pretty underrepresented and could be fun to roam around with.  If not, as MA pointed out above, Splinter Twin decks are still a thing and are red/blue which is what you are looking for.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.