Mono Blue: Aerial Assault

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello Everyone!

I recently started to play MtG and looking for help on building my first deck. I got the 2013 Core Deck Depths of Power and really enjoy abusing summoning Drake tokens, so I tried making a deck centered around the concept of flying monsters. I would like some advice on how to make it better.

My thought process for this deck is to utilize Stonybrook Banneret for faster summoning of Talrand along with having synergy with the other monster cards. Wingcrafter + Student of Elements combo to allow all monsters to fly. High Tide for more comboing + faster Talrand and his Invocation. Favorable Winds to give all my monsters some extra kick. Portent to reshuffle if Augur screws me over.

So far, it seems to be okay, but I think I added too much drawing cards and not enough defense/offensive cards (monsters/spells).

Thoughts?
That stonybrook banneret seems kind of lacking, since everone except talrand is cheap, I don't know what would be good in it's place. with all that flying going around I'm thinking about stormtide leviathan and quest for ula's temple but that may change your deck flow acomodating for it.
sage owl is nothing powerful, but it helps you get things lined up for combos or help get what you need (especially if you need land) and still fits with the blue flying.

I prefer Augury Owl over Sage Owl - I just like scry, albeit, scry does play nice with Conundrum Sphinx.  Speaking of scry, Preordain (and Ponder) trumps Portent.

Gravitational Shift?

Cheers!
A shout out to Gaming Grounds in Kent, Ohio and Gamers N Geeks in Mobile, Alabama. www.zombiehunters.org for all your preparation needs. http://shtfschool.com/ - why prepping is useful, from one who has been there.