Fighter Optimize

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey, I've posted here a couple times and received some helpful advice, so I thought I'd try again.

I am running a campaign with 5 people, including the DM.

I am playing a level 4 Shield Dwarf Fighter, my friends are playing a level 4 Shield Dwarf Ranger, level 4 Shield Dwarf Cleric of Gorm Gultyn, and a level 4 Half-Orc Barbarian.

We're sort of running a "Dwarf Clan" theme with the exception of the half-orc, as the three dwarves are of the same family.

I am looking to optimize toward battle-field control, some kind of tactical soldier (other than the miniatures prestige class "Tactical Soldier" since that one seems like it kind of blows overall) or towards an AoO build, so I'm going to put most of my levels in fighter.

However, I was also interested in getting Supreme Cleave from Knight Protector if possible. My DM prefers numbers in a lot of battles, though we get an occasional big baddie.

I was hoping maybe somebody had some good ideas on a way to optimize toward one of these two philosophies while doing a 3 level dip for supreme cleave? Or maybe you can give me something where I'm better off without, I'm open to suggestions

My DM prohibits anything psionic related, or from the Tome of Battle, and yes, this is in Faerun in case shield dwarf didn't give it away.

My scores and feats are as follows:

Power Attack, Dungeon Crasher, Improved Bull Rush, Pushback, (unpicked) - THinking Cleave or Dwarven Armor Proficiency for Battle Plate.

Abilities:

Str 19 (used ability point, can reverse if I do it before next session)
Dex 14
Con 18 (+2 for Shield Dwarf)
Int 15
Wis 13
Cha 13 (-2 For Shield Dwarf. I have the -highest- charisma by far in our group, the next highest is 10, followed by an 8 and a 6.)

Thanks for your time!
battlefield control as a melee IS an AoO build. the best approach without ToB and psionics is a standard trip fighter. You have some opportunities then: either stick to fighter fir the PHBII alternative that gives double damage, or going for the hirizon tripper ( google it ). Also if you want to keep imp bullrush you could go for shocktrooper to get a damage boost on charges.
for gleave: gleave is mediocore , grest cleave sucks. because even if your dm likes big number, they are not going to be one hits , so you kill the first, hit the second he survives -> riund over without using great cleave. If you really want supreme cleave i would suggest a dip in barbsrian and the going for frenzied berserker. just keep in mind to burn all your frenzies before party day starts.
The dip in barbarian ie always nice for melees espacially when you have access to the complete chwmpion or unearthed arcana for the totem variants. and if not faster movement is always good.
next the armor: when you go for AoO you need dex so light or mithral medium armor it will be.nits also never worth to burn a feat on exotic armor profiency.

I am looking to optimize toward battle-field control, some kind of tactical soldier (other than the miniatures prestige class "Tactical Soldier" since that one seems like it kind of blows overall) or towards an AoO build, so I'm going to put most of my levels in fighter.

Pump your dex, get a reach weapon, and take improved trip/combat reflexes. 

Swap that cha and dex. You shouldn't need a cha at all, but I can understand wanting someone to have a decent one. Suggest the cleric so he can use it for turn undead.

"In a way, you are worse than Krusk"                               " As usual, Krusk comments with assuredness, but lacks the clarity and awareness of what he's talking about"

"Can't say enough how much I agree with Krusk"        "Wow, thank you very much"

"Your advice is the worst"