A newer card for an older combo

14 posts / 0 new
Last post

Vizkopa Guildmage(2nd ability) + Exquisite Blood...loop the triggers for the win.

Vizkopa Guildmage(2nd again) + Blood Tribute...(make sure your opponent has an even life total.)...insta-kill.

Vizkopa Guildmage(2nd ability) + Exquisite Blood...loop the triggers for the win.

Vizkopa Guildmage(2nd again) + Blood Tribute...(make sure your opponent has an even life total.)...insta-kill.

No, your opponent does not need an even life total.  "Target opponent loses half his or her life, rounded up."
If your opponent has 21 life, half of that is 10.5.  Round that up to 11.  They lose 11 life.  They will be at 10 life and you gain 11 life.  Then Vizkopa Guildmage's created trigger triggers and each opponent loses 11 life.  Your opponent will will be at 10 - 11 = -1 life.
"An older combo"? OLDER??? Really? Man, what are you, like 4 1/2??? I have friends I haven't even preyed upon, oops, I mean played with yet, that haven't seen those combos...  Tongue Out

All of those card are from series from long after I stopped collecting.  Auto-win combos like that cheapen the game, imo.  Though, I'll admit that I wouldn't mind playing against a deck that tried to utilize that combo, but it would have to be my black or blue deck.  My green or white would have no way to neuralize that and so would be doomed once the cards were drawn.
Green destroys enchantments like Exquisite Blood with ease, and white has excellent creature removal to kill the guilmage.  You should have no trouble handling theses combos.
I hope this combo is made by me but maybe somebody knew about it: Sanguine Bond + Exquisite Blood
I hope this combo is made by me but maybe somebody knew about it: Sanguine Bond + Exquisite Blood

Yes, yes, That is the "older" card in question that hadn't actually been referred to in the thread yet...
If your opponent has 21 life, half of that is 10.5.  Round that up to 11.  They lose 11 life.  They will be at 9...

21-11=10

Level 1 Judge

If your opponent has 21 life, half of that is 10.5.  Round that up to 11.  They lose 11 life.  They will be at 9...

21-11=10

Thanks for that.  Fixed.

"An older combo"? OLDER??? Really? Man, what are you, like 4 1/2??? I have friends I haven't even preyed upon, oops, I mean played with yet, that haven't seen those combos...  Tongue Out

Easy there.....by "older", I meant older than THIS combo, that's all.  Sheesh. 

Yea, sorry for omitting the card that made the original combo.
Man, people seem touchy around here, lately...

@ORE ELE:  Yeah, it's a janky combo, but there are hundreds (or more) of those throughout the game....however janky it is, though, shouldn't keep it from being mentioned in a thread titled "Cards and Combos".

Are these any more of a "herp-derp" combo than these two?
Naw, just giving you crap, life is good. I looked at the thread and it just made me think about the fact that someone just called Sanguine Bond tricks "older", and what that must say about me...Tongue Out

Now. Herp-derp??? 

Herp-derp...sure...basically, just translates into "I don't care how janky this is, I'm still gonna do it because I have no real concept of strategy, so I'll just play cards that require the absolute LEAST amount of effort on my part."

Like playing Divinity of Pride or Felidar Sovereign in Commander, for instance...

"An older combo"? OLDER??? Really? Man, what are you, like 4 1/2??? I have friends I haven't even preyed upon, oops, I mean played with yet, that haven't seen those combos... Tongue Out

Last year, it was Exquisite Blood/Sanguine Bond. Basically it turns your opponent into a one hit-point wonder.

Bloodchief Ascension/Mindcrank was a somewhat older one that did it with damage and mill. But still not that old.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Sign In to post comments