ELVES (lets just get this out of the way)

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Because somewhere, someone is making this.

Glad I got that out of my system.

EDIT

Added Domri Rade to make sure this deck is even more rididculous.

This deck is a Llanowar Elves reprint away from not being horrible. Not good, just not horrible.

Any deck with 4 Deathrite Shamans is gonna be good, the deck looks pretty solid.
I assume you mean Predatory Rampage since Predatory Urge isn't standard? Also, I don't really see the point of the Centaur's Herald since most likely you will only get 1 Archdruid (2 if you're lucky) in a game and then make it a 1/2? You would always want to sac it for a centaur, at which point the centaur doesn't get a boost from anything else except the Rampage.
I assume you mean Predatory Rampage since Predatory Urge isn't standard? Also, I don't really see the point of the Centaur's Herald since most likely you will only get 1 Archdruid (2 if you're lucky) in a game and then make it a 1/2? You would always want to sac it for a centaur, at which point the centaur doesn't get a boost from anything else except the Rampage.

You'd be surprised how often you get more than one copy of something when you have 4 of them.
Where the hell is Gyre Sage ?

Other than that, I think you need spells... 
I am White/Black
I am White/Black
I am White/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and selfish. I act mostly for my own benefit, but I respect and help my community - Specially when it helps me. At best, I'm loyal and dedicated; at worst, I'm elitist and shrewd.
Go figure, my half-arsed slapped together list gets more traffic than any of my thought out, meta-considering decks. HA.

@xtrmn8r - Centaurs herald exists as a 1 mana interaction with Ivy Lane Denizen, Elvish Archdruid and Soul of the Harvest. It can also randomly be a 3/3.

@Noohj - I honestly didn't care enough to figure out if I had enough creatures that could evolve him to warrent including him. I guess there's a "combo" with Ivy Lane Denizen, but don't know if it's worth it. Also, this is an elfball deck. Spells are for blue mages (if there were a good Green Sun's Zenith impersonation in this block I would include it, but there isn't). 

@Anthos - Rancor doesn't do enough. It's not an elf, so it doesn't generate stupid amounts of mana for me, and I don't really care about making one of my little dudes slightly bigger.

NOTE

HOW THE HELL DID I NOT INCLUDE DOMRI RADE.

Second the rancor suggestion. It makes anyone of your creatures a potentia game winning threat and is awkward to remove. The fact that its not an elf does not matter due to its power level.
The fact that it isn't an elf is extremely important. This deck works under the presumption that Elvish Archdruid, combined with Soul of the Harvest, allows you to effectively dump your entire deck on the board. Every card I draw that isn't an elf is one less potential card draw and one less potential mana generated by Archdruid. I felt physical pain including soul of the harvest, but I needed a glimpse of nature and he does a passible impersonation. 

Domri was included because I can possibly play him on turn 2, his +1 has a ~55% success rate in this deck, and he's a distraction that can turn all my elves into monsters if they make the mistake of leaving him alone. Mainly, he's just another card draw engine. 

I would also like to point out that this deck is intentionally horrible and should never be played for fear of your own mental health, unless you just want to troll (elf?) somebody at FNM.
Maybe Burst of Strength to net mana on Archdruid?
I could see an elf deck running Master Biomancer like a boss.  Possibly over Deathrite Shaman.
If I was going to do that, I would splash white and run Village bell-ringer so it at least triggers Soul of the Harvest.