Is there a website that tracks hot trending M:TG cards?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post

I'm just wondering if there is a site that notes hot trending cards. Or in other words, cards that suddenly spike in value, either numerically or exponentially. 

I'm not looking for a site that lists every single card including non-hot cards. I just want to see the hot cards.

On the flip-side, I'd also be interested in reversal's too.

"Rock beats scissors, paper beats rock, scissors beat paper, rock beats scissors..." I'm not interested in what card beats what. That's a circular discussion.
That's actually fairly easy to do:

1. Find the tournament results

2. Figure out which cards are currently cheap but featured heavily in a top deck

3. ???

4. Profit 

A recommended example step 3: Buy those cards if they haven't spiked quite yet.

As for the reversal: That would just be a list of every single common in every set. Those aren't likely to ever go up ever, and if they do, not beyond 50¢ or so. 
Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)
ark42.com/mtg/pricehistory.php?s=Magic+2...

That site is rather up to date and accurate ish. Not sure what's the main site since I actually saved this in my favorite, but I can say that I made quite a good investment with sanguine bond
I love trolls Dont hate me because I'm blunt and you cannot handle it
+1 for Ark42.com.
Also the Black Lotus Project.
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
mtggoldfish.com tracks card Magic Online card prices

2. Figure out which cards are currently cheap but featured heavily in a top deck

3. ???

4. Profit 

I think this past week has shown how this doesn't work: Boros Reckoner hasn't even been in a constructed tournament deck yet (not Standard legal til' tomorrow), but it has been increasing in value day by day.  I think the OP's intent is to identify the cards that are trending upwards and get on board BEFORE they appear in the winning decklists.

3. ???

4. Profit 

I think this past week has shown how this doesn't work: Boros Reckoner hasn't even been in a constructed tournament deck yet (not Standard legal til' tomorrow), but it has been increasing in value day by day.  I think the OP's intent is to identify the cards that are trending upwards and get on board BEFORE they appear in the winning decklists.

You are more correct. My intent is not to make money, but to take advantage of cheap cards, while they are still cheap. I don't have lots of money to blow. Also, I'm interested for interest's sake. 

"Rock beats scissors, paper beats rock, scissors beat paper, rock beats scissors..." I'm not interested in what card beats what. That's a circular discussion.
Any website where decklists are available.
I use this site for checking prices:

www.mtgprice.com/

It seems like they might have some tools that do what you want.

Cheers