Why does every martial class have dailies?

I thought one of the biggest stinks people made about 4e was how martial classes had daily powers (which somehow turned them into casters). This was such a vocal complain that WotC released essentials where no martial classes had daily powers.  Now in 5e, every single martial class has daily abilities with.

It is even worse than 4e where daily powers could be explained away as narrative control on the players part (The perfect openeing appears allowing me to use this awesome daily), or through strain that makes repeating the same ability twice extremely difficult. 5e dailies are about as gamist as they get, so why is there not more of an uproar about their return. Many of those who compained about martial dailies are embracing them in 5e.

P.S. I don't like martial dailies, but that is only because I don't like daily abilities in general. Ideally I would like the option to make any class without ever needing to touch a daily power. Why is 5e forcing me to have daily abilities no matter what class I choose?

My 5e Homebrew Material

The 5e Warblade: The "Complex" Fighter

The Hero: A Modular 5e Class

Ideally I would like the option to make any class without ever needing to touch a daily power. Why is 5e forcing me to have daily abilities no matter what class I choose?

Because they have designed the system around the 'adventuring day' - which by the way doesn't exist in game design terms.   

If they had put resources frequency on a dial from the start now it would just a matter of chosing your preferred setting, trading off power for frequency.       

Instead they will have to do 'modules' to extricate the system from that initial assumption - and hope things will work out.
I don't like martial dailies, but that is only because I don't like daily abilities in general. Ideally I would like the option to make any class without ever needing to touch a daily power. Why is 5e forcing me to have daily abilities no matter what class I choose?

I get the impression that the designers at some point sat down and asked "Are we going to use daily powers or encounter powers in the standard game?", and settled on daily powers. As for why there have not been as many complaints, I'm not sure but I think a lot of people are willing to accept them because of the overall very retro feel of Next. Most of the people who disliked the martial daily powers where fans of older versions, and given how much of what they wanted in Next, they are willing to overlook a minor issue.

Personally, I'm sorta up in the air about it. Daily powers for fighters and other martial types feels off, but that the same time I prefer daily powers to encounter powers. I find encounter powers boring for the most part, because there is rarely much strategy in using them.

P.S. I don't like martial dailies, but that is only because I don't like daily abilities in general. Ideally I would like the option to make any class without ever needing to touch a daily power. Why is 5e forcing me to have daily abilities no matter what class I choose?

+1 I hate daily abilities too.

Balancing around encounter resources is the best way to go IMO. It allows for varied playstyles and doens't force the DM to cram in X encounters per day for balanced purposes.

Encounter is too nebulous.

Explain. You roll initiative, kill the enemies, then combat ends. How is that nebulous? Outside of combat, you can define an encounter to 5-10 mins.

Explain. You roll initiative, kill the enemies, then combat ends. How is that nebulous? Outside of combat, you can define an encounter to 5-10 mins.

They can bleed into one another, encounters are not always that clean-cut (all = 5 minutes).
If the encounter based resources doesn't fix the problem then I'll probably allow my martial characters to get extra uses by burning healing dice (HD).  It feels like a good compromise to me.
I thought one of the biggest stinks people made about 4e was how martial classes had daily powers (which somehow turned them into casters).

Not exactly. A lot of people think that that's what they didn't like about 4E and martial daily powers, but it was actually them failing to identify why it didn't click with them. After all, 3.5 had daily powers for most of its martial classes too, and there was never much if any complaining about it back then. The real reason some people hated it in 4E was because it pulled back the curtain and just outright pointed out that there's no real reason for the daily powers of different classes and power sources to need to be formatted differently. By formatting daily martial abilities and daily spells identically, it gave the illusion, though, that they were more similar than they actually were, and that's what turned people off. You could say that the problem was one of presentation and how they came across.

They can bleed into one another, encounters are not always that clean-cut (all = 5 minutes).

An encounter lasts as long as the DM says it does, just as the DM says how long a day lasts. Neither is more nebulous than the other.

Why, yes, as a matter of fact I am the Unfailing Arbiter of All That Is Good Design (Even More So Than The Actual Developers) TM Speaking of things that were badly designed, please check out this thread for my Minotaur fix. What have the critics said, you ask? "If any of my players ask to play a Minotaur, I'm definitely offering this as an alternative to the official version." - EmpactWB "If I ever feel like playing a Minotaur I'll know where to look!" - Undrave "WoTC if you are reading this - please take this guy's advice." - Ferol_Debtor_of_Torm "Really full of win. A minotaur that is actually attractive for more than just melee classes." - Cpt_Micha Also, check out my recent GENASI variant! If you've ever wished that your Fire Genasi could actually set stuff on fire, your Water Genasi could actually swim, or your Wind Genasi could at least glide, then look no further. Finally, check out my OPTIONS FOR EVERYONE article, an effort to give unique support to the races that WotC keeps forgetting about. Includes new racial feature options for the Changeling, Deva, Githzerai, Gnoll, Gnome, Goliath, Half-Orc, Kalashtar, Minotaur, Shadar-Kai, Thri-Kreen, Warforged and more!
Yes, too much homogenisation is not popular.

How is that nebulous at all? Encounter A happens, if it bleeds into another fight (say enemy reinforcements arrive) it means it is still encounter A. Since encounter based abilities only refresh after a rest, even if the party fights encounter A, and is ambushed while they are picking their target's pockets, they didn't get to rest so their encounter abilities don't magically reappear.

5 minutes is just a good baseline to prevent abilities from lasting for extended periods after a fight is over. Not all encounters will be 5 minutes, but that is just the top end for how long an ability lasts. D&D fights are traditionally over in less than a minute anyway, so 5 minutes works fine.
An encounter lasts as long as the DM says it does, just as the DM says how long a day lasts. Neither is more nebulous than the other.

Okay, so no Encounter or Daily-based abilities/powers, but DM-based?

How are they any less nebulous then "days"?

It's not like that's any more clear cut.  You could sleep for 3 hours and wake to your inn on fire, just as much as you could rest for 2 minutes and have reinforcements come in the room.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

DM determines whether you can rest or not short or long rest.. encounter abilities are no more nebulous than dailies.. one recovers with a short rest the other a long.
  Creative Character Build Collection and The Magic of King's and Heros  also Can Martial Characters Fly? 

Improvisation in 4e: Fave 4E Improvisations - also Wrecans Guides to improvisation beyond page 42
The Non-combatant Adventurer (aka Princess build Warlord or LazyLord)
Reality is unrealistic - and even monkeys protest unfairness
Reflavoring the Fighter : The Wizard : The Swordmage - Creative Character Collection: Bloodwright (Darksun Character) 

At full hit points and still wounded to incapacitation? you are playing 1e.
By virtue of being a player your characters are the protagonists in a heroic fantasy game even at level one
"Wizards and Warriors need abilities with explicit effects for opposite reasons. With the wizard its because you need to create artificial limits on them, they have no natural ones and for the Warrior you need to grant permission to do awesome."

It's not like that's any more clear cut.  You could sleep for 3 hours and wake to your inn on fire, just as much as you could rest for 2 minutes and have reinforcements come in the room.

A long rest requires more than 3 hours.

And a short rest requires more than 2 minutes...

Not proving your point here. 
Indeed, but his point was that just as long rests can be interupted, so can short ones.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Is there any other kind?

Short Rest: (10 minutes), you catch your breath, and can spend hit dice.
Long Rest: (8 hours), you recover all your energies, ususally while sleeping.
(medium rest???)

Now simply adjust the definitions as needed.

Feywild: The land is magical and vibrant, as power energies courses though everything.  Short rests are 5 minute, and long rests are 1 hour.

Shadowfell: The land is dark and dreary, even color seems to fade, and wounds seem to linger.  Short rests are 1 day, long rests are a 7 days.

Darksun: The land is baren and lifeless.  Everything is viaing for the little energy that's left.  Short rests are 1 days, long rests are 7 days.

Super Heroic: You're hero's.  You can recover from many injuries in just a moment.  Short rests are 1 round.  Long rests are 5 minutes.

Super Gritty: You are mortal, the world is dangerous, even a minor wound takes a long time to heal.  Short rests are 7 days, long rests are a month.

guides
Power
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

And a short rest requires more than 2 minutes...

Not proving your point here. 

Totally did.

Is there any other kind?

Well, there we go...
IMO, it's lazy design to mitgate martial powers with usage frequency.

I think they have received a lot of feedback against it, but the designers are just not listening.    

martial dailies in 4e are different from the dailies presented in 5e.  

The fighter's dailies in 4e were literally attacks he could for some reason only do once per day.  For some unknown reason you could only make this attack once in a day.  Even in your narative control, he opened himself up to it way of playing it, the reason for why he can only manage to pull it off once per day is still completely unknown until point of execution and then that still doesn't explain why an even less skilled opponent wouldn't open himself up to that same attack later.  It is a contrived reasoning.

In 5e the fighter's daily ability is being able to push himself a little harder every now and again, but that ability, to push himself harder is something he can't do all the time because it is exhausting. 

In 5 the rogue's daily is literally just an expression of rogue characters often being incredibly lucky, either by relying on luck or because they prepare themselves and in fact have something up their sleves to make the day go their way.

In 5 the barbarian's daily ability is literally an expression of how much he can over exert himself before he becomes tired.

The reason the martial dailies in 5e are more acceptable is because they are not expressedly distinct maneuvers. 

The fighter's dailies in 4e were literally attacks he could for some reason only do once per day.  For some unknown reason you could only make this attack once in a day.  Even in your narative control, he opened himself up to it way of playing it, the reason for why he can only manage to pull it off once per day is still completely unknown until point of execution and then that still doesn't explain why an even less skilled opponent wouldn't open himself up to that same attack later.  It is a contrived reasoning.

In 5e the fighter's daily ability is being able to push himself a little harder every now and again, but that ability, to push himself harder is something he can't do all the time because it is exhausting. 

In 5 the rogue's daily is literally just an expression of rogue characters often being incredibly lucky, either by relying on luck or because they prepare themselves and in fact have something up their sleves to make the day go their way.

In 5 the barbarian's daily ability is literally an expression of how much he can over exert himself before he becomes tired.

The reason the martial dailies in 5e are more acceptable is because they are not expressedly distinct maneuvers. 

Bingo.

I think they have received a lot of feedback against it, but the designers are just not listening.    

or else the forums represent a very vocal minority and the surveys represent a far better sampling and thyey are presenting a response different from those of us on the forums.
Here's what I plan to do:

While actively questing, adventuring, or dungeon delving, PCs are on they "adventuring day clock." Their powers & abilities work as written.

When in down-time, extended periods of non-questing, or particularly sedentary (as, during a siege), they go on the "extended clock." On the extended clock, whatever is available "per day" is instead available "per week" or "per month".

This way I don't have to do narrative gymnastics about what happens and force it into a single day. But there's enough regularity that they know if they can last the week and rest, they'll be in good shape. They don't have to guess at when I'll allow them to recharge, and they can strategize accordingly.

or else the forums represent a very vocal minority and the surveys represent a far better sampling and thyey are presenting a response different from those of us on the forums.

Hopefully.

That's funny because it's so easily fixed in 4e.  I know because I did so myself.  I decided that your number of encounter and daily abilities actually represented 4 numbers: the number you could do (of each, per encounter or per day) and the number that you know (of each).  That gave me greater flexibility in encounter and daily abilities, and it seems to fix the primary objection to encounter and daily abilities for martial characters.

There are a great many problems that can be circumvented by players and DMs having a mature discussion about what the game is going to be like before they ever sit down together to play.

The answer really does lie in more options, not in confining and segregating certain options.

You really shouldn't speak for others.  You can't hear what someone else is saying when you try to put your words in their mouth.

Fencing & Swashbuckling as Armor.

D20 Modern Toon PC Race.

Mecha Pilot's Skill Challenge Emporium.

Save the breasts.

That's funny because it's so easily fixed in 4e.  I know because I did so myself.  I decided that your number of encounter and daily abilities actually represented 4 numbers: the number you could do (of each, per encounter or per day) and the number that you know (of each).  That gave me greater flexibility in encounter and daily abilities, and it seems to fix the primary objection to encounter and daily abilities for martial characters.

Yep a very easy fix, funny thing is even the regular 4e way made more sense than daily rages, daily figher suges, and all of the daily rogue abilities. Why if the daily fighter ability is so tiring, can I use it 4 times in a row?

All explainations which work just as well in 4e as they do in 5e.

guides
Power
my builds

On the subject of Dailies v Encounters, as a DM I would much rather house rule in the favor of the characters than take something away.  I hope they keep them as Dailies and don't add Encounter powers.  As a DM I have the same flexibility either way, but one makes me look like a jerk.

Yep a very easy fix, funny thing is even the regular 4e way made more sense than daily rages?

How so?
I can use the sword form attack Tower of Morning all day every day however linking it quickly with The Boar Rushes Down the Mountain before the enemy has a chance to offer a counterstroke is difficult.  In 4e you make Tower of Morning a distinct ability and you make it so that it specifically can only be used a specific number of times per day, even worse my knowing it precludes the knowledge of other forms, same with The Boar Rushes Down The Mountain (Hell Yeah I just made a giant Wheel of Time reference).  In 5e neither is given any kind of distinction because they can both be used at will.  I need only my imagination to manifest them.  The physical burst of speed needed to combine them quickly is the tricky part and is found to be fairly taxing and can only be done so much without magical help (haste spell) or capability.
Yep a very easy fix, funny thing is even the regular 4e way made more sense than daily rages?

How so?

If rages (or fighter's surges) are so exhausting why is it that I rest ten minutes then rage again, but if I rest 10 more minutes its a no go? I mean a rage can last for as little as 6 seconds and I am supposed to believe that not only is this extremely tiring, but the one thing that allows me recover from being tired (a short rest) only works 2 times a day? If I can only do it twice a day, why isn't it once per 12 hours? How does the 2 rages per day cutoff suddenly happen? Why two times a day, how does my body magically know that two is the number? Why does my barbarian know that two is the magic number? Why can't he rage whenever as long as he has had that short rest to recuperate?

Why is it that if these abilities are so exhausting that I even after using one I am not tired at all? I mean barbarian rages for 6 seconds, is unable to attack so the rage drops off, but now this supposedly massively exhausting ability that is so taxing he can only do it twice a day, doesn't have any aftereffect from its use? It all seems way more contrived than anything in 4e.

Pretty much, yeah. The DM decides when an encounter is over by telling players they can take a short rest. The DM decides when a day is over by telling player then cay take a long rest.

Not really. I switch it up all the time. One battle's over, but the next is about to begin in less than 10 seconds? Only enough time to catch a small breather, but i'll have to do, and it's a heroic moment, so everybody gets the benefits of a short rest. It's been a long day and doesn't seem like it's going to slow down any time soon? During the 10 minutes it's going to take the train to rush to the Pharaoh's palace, I'll say everybody gets the benefits of an extended rest.

Not really. The only difference is one of presentation and formatting.

If you think that all martial daily attack powers in 4E were "expressedly distinct maneuvers", then you failed to grasp their point.

Why, yes, as a matter of fact I am the Unfailing Arbiter of All That Is Good Design (Even More So Than The Actual Developers) TM Speaking of things that were badly designed, please check out this thread for my Minotaur fix. What have the critics said, you ask? "If any of my players ask to play a Minotaur, I'm definitely offering this as an alternative to the official version." - EmpactWB "If I ever feel like playing a Minotaur I'll know where to look!" - Undrave "WoTC if you are reading this - please take this guy's advice." - Ferol_Debtor_of_Torm "Really full of win. A minotaur that is actually attractive for more than just melee classes." - Cpt_Micha Also, check out my recent GENASI variant! If you've ever wished that your Fire Genasi could actually set stuff on fire, your Water Genasi could actually swim, or your Wind Genasi could at least glide, then look no further. Finally, check out my OPTIONS FOR EVERYONE article, an effort to give unique support to the races that WotC keeps forgetting about. Includes new racial feature options for the Changeling, Deva, Githzerai, Gnoll, Gnome, Goliath, Half-Orc, Kalashtar, Minotaur, Shadar-Kai, Thri-Kreen, Warforged and more!

How so?

If rages (or fighter's surges) are so exhausting why is it that I rest ten minutes then rage again, but if I rest 10 more minutes its a no go? I mean a rage can last for as little as 6 seconds and I am supposed to believe that not only is this extremely tiring, but the one thing that allows me recover from being tired (a short rest) only works 2 times a day? If I can only do it twice a day, why isn't it once per 12 hours? How does the 2 rages per day cutoff suddenly happen? Why two times a day, how does my body magically know that two is the number? Why does my barbarian know that two is the magic number? Why can't he rage whenever as long as he has had that short rest to recuperate?

Why is it that if these abilities are so exhausting that I even after using one I am not tired at all? I mean barbarian rages for 6 seconds, is unable to attack so the rage drops off, but now this supposedly massively exhausting ability that is so taxing he can only do it twice a day, doesn't have any aftereffect from its use? It all seems way more contrived than anything in 4e.

See there is the correct argument to raise.  the problem isn't that it is a daily resource it is that it is an inconsistent daily resource.  If this fight last for a sold minute and the next one last for less than that why are they both equally tiring or taxing upon the individual?  That there is a valid observation.
I've removed content from this thread. Trolling/baiting is a violation of the Code of Conduct

You can review the Code of Conduct here: company.wizards.com/conduct

Please remember to keep your posts polite, on topic and refrain from personal attacks. You are free to disagree with one another as long as it is done in a respectful manner. 

Thank you for rightfully pointing out the irony in it: one can really use all the narratives you give for martial daily powers in Next for any martial daily power in 4E. Can I please use your post in all the threads in which people point out why martial dailies "suck" in 4E but are "totally cool" in 3e or Next to show them how wrong they are about martial dailies?
Oh my goodness, reading through the other posts I see that this was not meant to be an ironic comment. I am sorry. Never mind then.
Why is 5e forcing me to have daily abilities no matter what class I choose?

It's not.  Read this week's L&L article where he says that there will be an advanced rule to shift the game away from dailies entirely and to an encounter system.

Don't use words like "force" when it's nothing of the sort.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition

If you think that all martial daily attack powers in 4E were "expressedly distinct maneuvers", then you failed to grasp their point.

Doesn't matter, as many here fail to realize (especially when they write their own posts then get angry when people misinterpret them) it isn't on the reader to grasp the writer's point regardless of how they present it, its on the writer to greatly expose their own point so I can't possibly miss it, if they did a **** job of presenting it then it isn't the reader's fault if they missed it.

In all frankness few if any martial dailies really bothered me that much, especially for the fighter, mainly because I had no problem with reflavoring.  To those that don't do reflavoring then yes they are distinct maneuvers not just a differentiated narative control device for what happens as a result of their use of any distinct fluff maneuver the fighter maneuver only representing the outcome of whatever you described.  

In all seriousness I really hadn't even seen them as a problem of any kind till I heard someone bring it up on the boards here (like so many other things).  I was merely answering the question.  Having observed both sides of it I figured I understood the one side of it so I provided an answer that I believed to be correct about their view point...turns out I was right about it.

Why is 5e forcing me to have daily abilities no matter what class I choose?

It's not.  Read this week's L&L article where he says that there will be an advanced rule to shift the game away from dailies entirely and to an encounter system.

Don't use words like "force" when it's nothing of the sort.

Thanks for bringing this up as well.  It is one of the reasons these threads are going to become trying on my patience.  We have been outright told, "Hey if you don't like daily recharge don't worry you won't have to have any".