x2 Prey Upon
x2 Moon Mist
x1 Ancient Grudge
x4 Pillar of Flame

x3 Full Moon's Rise

x8 Forest
x8 Mountain
x4 Rootbound Crag

So this is gonna be my Standard deck for awhile because I think this deck has a chance because of things like Gruul Charm, Pit Fight, and Domri Rade. If at all possible, I would like some critiques/ suggestions for the deck because there isn't much info to look up for Wolves/Werewolves.
any suggestions?
set your cards up so we can see them [c*]card name[/c*] minus the *

made the changes and updated the deck.
With a few single copies of cards, you might find Signal The Clans to be a versatile toolbox card. Whatever 3 creatures you select, you'll be better off, and able to give your opponent pause for thought as he chooses his own damnation.

You may want 2X Gruul Guildgate and 4X Gruul Charm, too. The charm would be a good sideboard card, at the very least, and the gate gives you a cheaper access to Stomping Ground.

DCI Judge Level 1

With a few single copies of cards, you might find Signal The Clans to be a versatile toolbox card. Whatever 3 creatures you select, you'll be better off, and able to give your opponent pause for thought as he chooses his own damnation.

You may want 2X Gruul Guildgate and 4X Gruul Charm, too. The charm would be a good sideboard card, at the very least, and the gate gives you a cheaper access to Stomping Ground.

Gruul Charm and Stomping Ground are for sure in the deck when I get multiples. What's the opinion of Domri Rade in Werewolves? Or Pit Fight?
Pit fight isn't a bad idea if your going to run prey upon, it costs and extra mana but it can be used even if you don't have green mana available.
Pit fight isn't a bad idea if your going to run prey upon, it costs and extra mana but it can be used even if you don't have green mana available.

My plan is to main 2 pit fight in the main in place of Prey Upon and then side 2. Does that sound reasonable?

anymore suggestions?

Update: changed the Ancient Grudge to Instigator Gang
pushing the gruul aspect, i think emissary would be great here if you were willing to be kind of human/werewolf instead of pure werewolf.

4 Reckless Waif
3 Wolfbitten Captive
4 Mayor of Avabruck
4 Burning Tree Emissary
4 Lightning Mauler
4 Hamlet Captain
1 Skarrg Guildmage 
4 Huntmaster

3 Full Moon's Rise
2 Domri Rade
2 Rancor 
2 Bonfire maybe.

23 land (4 cavern, bunch of duals).            

T1 waif or captive,
and T2 hope for Emissary + Mayor.  Or Emissary + Mauler.  Or Emissary +  Captain.  Or Emissary + Emissary + Emissary + Mauler followed by T3 mayor.  Basically, any hand with Emissary looks like the euphamistic godhand.
That's certainly an interesting deck list and Emissary looks pretty solid all by herself for wolves. Certainly worth consideration.
any other sugestions before I give up?
So I added in 4 Domri's and he is wonderful.
Is he that good? I was contemplating him for mine.
Is he that good? I was contemplating him for mine.

He applies so much pressure just getting on to the field. I didn't ulti him last night, but getting him to 6-7 and watching people flounder was nice.

Also Gruul Charm and Ghor Clan Rampager won me a game or two here and there.
Hows the sheperd working out for you? I dropped him from mine because I seem to see alot of green.
Pretty nice actually. The Intimidate is nice when it goes off. Honestly, I'd trade the Pyre Heart's for Tresspasser's myself.
Tresspasser's? Who do you mean? Kruin outlaw?
Tresspasser's? Who do you mean? Kruin outlaw?

That's what I meant... Sheesh, I'm bad with Magic Names.
Any particular reason you run Pit Fight over something like Searing Spear? Sure spear doesn't kill Thundermaw Hellkite or Angel of Serenity but neither does pit fight and the spear doesn't cost you a creature.

How is Mondronen Shaman working out for you? I've been eyeing that card lately but it doesn't seem aggressive enough for all the aggro that is speculating/is running around.

I've never found Kruin Outlaw to work well for me. When she flips it is indeed awesome but everytime that has happened I was winning already. She tends to be the first to take a kill/burn spell to the face.

Never thought about MD Gruul Charm though. Kills off Lingering Soul tokens or lets you alpha strike to the face against zombies, RDW, and boros aggro decks. I'll have to see about fitting them in there.

Anywho, here is my list if it helps (wish GSZ was still around )

22 Lands:

27 Creatures:
[deck]3 Immerwolf
4 Wolfbitten Captive
4 Huntmaster of the Fells
3 Gatstaf Shepherd
2 Daybreak Ranger
4 Mayor of Avabruck
4 Reckless Waif
3 Ghor-Clan Rampager[/deck]

11 Spells:
[deck]3 Full Moon's Rise
2 Bonfire of the Damned
3 Searing Spear
3 Moonmist[/deck]

Sideboard:
[deck]2 Naturalize
3 Grafdigger's cage
4 Skullcrack  
1 Bonfire of the Damned
3 Zealous Conscripts
2 Witchbane Orb[/deck]

Obviously Bonfire is still pricey so you could always replace it with Mizzium Mortars those are fairly cheap I think. Probably gonna drop the witchbane orb from my sideboard (had it in there for all the opposing bonfire's).
I like kessing for the deck because it allows you to, as people put it, "timewalk" yourself without really screwing yourself.
Another idea I'm having (for my deck anyway) is putting in Crushing Vines, Plummet, or Silkslash Spider for anti angel/dragon/aristocrat shenanigans.

Thats just my list though, might give you some ideas. I know you reminded me about the shaman and make me want to put gang back into my deck.
Any particular reason you run Pit Fight over something like Searing Spear? Sure spear doesn't kill Thundermaw Hellkite or Angel of Serenity but neither does pit fight and the spear doesn't cost you a creature.

How is Monodren Shaman[c/] working out for you? I've been eyeing that card lately but it doesn't seem aggressive enough for all the aggro that is speculating/is running around.I've never found [c]Kruin Outlaw to work well for me. When she flips it is indeed awesome but everytime that has happened I was winning already. She tends to be the first to take a kill/burn spell to the face.

Never thought about MD Gruul Charm though. Kills off Lingering Soul tokens or lets you alpha strike to the face against zombies, RDW, and boros aggro decks. I'll have to see about fitting them in there.

Anywho, here is my list if it helps (wish GSZ was still around )

22 Lands:

27 Creatures:
[deck]3 Immerwolf
4 Wolfbitten Captive
4 Huntmaster of the Fells
3 Gatstaf Shepherd
2 Daybreak Ranger
4 Mayor of Avabruck
4 Reckless Waif
3 Ghor-Clan Rampager[/deck]

11 Spells:
[deck]3 Full Moon's Rise
2 Bonfire of the Damned
3 Searing Spear
3 Moonmist[/deck]

Sideboard:
[deck]2 Naturalize
3 Grafdigger's cage
4 Skullcrack  
1 Bonfire of the Damned
3 Zealous Conscripts
2 Witchbane Orb[/deck]

Obviously Bonfire is still pricey so you could always replace it with Mizzium Mortars those are fairly cheap I think. Probably gonna drop the witchbane orb from my sideboard (had it in there for all the opposing bonfire's).
I like kessing for the deck because it allows you to, as people put it, "timewalk" yourself without really screwing yourself.
Another idea I'm having (for my deck anyway) is putting in Crushing Vines, Plummet, or Silkslash Spider for anti angel/dragon/aristocrat shenanigans.

Thats just my list though, might give you some ideas. I know you reminded me about the shaman and make me want to put gang back into my deck.

Pit Fight is utility that werewolves already make use of. At worst, I lose a Human, at best, I lose nothing and they lose a potential blocker/attacker while my 5/5 to 7/7 werewolf shrugs off the damage. Mondronen really hurts the Control decks and has no real affect good or bad on aggro.

Sign In to post comments