Lords of Creation: Chaos Within (IC Thread)

755 posts / 0 new
Last post
Agni snorted and sneezed, and the flowers went flying away, some singed along the edges where magma had brushed by them.

What manner of trickery is this?  Are you some sort of God too?  The FlowerLord?

It was at that moment that Agni became aware of the heat.  The wonderful heat that, even though Agni was fire itself, somehow warmed the God.  It cast around for the source of heat and saw a small orb of brilliant white-hot intensity dancing before it, waves of beautiful heat pouring from it.  It far outshone the pitiful thing called Urru

Ah.  Now this is a God I can enjoy.  Greetings, Supreme HeatLord.    
Azazel/Go'El stood on a balcony near the pinnacle of his fortress, Guvarah An. Hot, foul winds whipped across the ugly stonework, carrying the steam from the creation vats far below. Shallow acidic rapids wormed, twisted and writhed across the uneven ground far below. The stone had changed clolr of the passage of time. Only the edge of the colossal earthmote had retained his creamy complexure; all else had been drained into a pale speckled gray that shone with the sallow glow of the Godcrater's skies.

The god surveyed his creations, watching them shamble and glide between the twisting fume-clouds.

They were not yet ready. Unprepared. They knew of hate, pulsing blood-bound hate that coils the innards and bursts forth from the chest as a godawful shriek. But they knew nothing of battle.

That must change.

The Fused God called out, his rasping flem-filled voice stirring the numorous miasmas into a rolling tempest that echoed the call of dying angels.

"MY CREATIONS! YOU ARE WEAK! PUNISH WEAKNESS-REND FLESH FROM FLESH! SNAP BONE AND FLAY SKIN! TEAR THE WINGS FROM THE FLYING AND THE LIMBS FROM THE CRAWLING! LET NONE BE UNTESTED!"

As his voice reverberated within their skull masks, the Craterspawn felt thier very essence tainted, called to war. They turned to one anouther. And fought.

Hundreds crashed into each other in the air, a spinning ball of claws and strips of falling flesh. Those on the ground forced each other into submission and worked thier talons deep into soft throats. Even those climbing out from the creation vats, still covered in filthy tar, carved others into footholds to escape. Thousands of hollow, belted shrieks rose together in a masterpiece of war and death.

A dozen Craterspawn, battling midair near the lake, suddenly spotted something on the shore. A small being made of flowing fire was weakening under the choking miasma.

They descended upon him.

OOC
 Command Populace (1AP): Craterspawn. The Craterspawn adopt a vicious warrior culture, constantly killing the unworthy and sharpening the strong. Additional creation vats compensate for the population loss.
Remaining AP: 3
Note:The Craterspawn turn into dry, infertile ash when they die

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

"Flowerlord?" Sa's petals somehow managed to mimic Agni's pyroclastic vocalizations.

Sa retreated, though its petals still circled Agni. "Better known asssssss Saaaaaaa"

Some of Sa's petals dropped downward, and Agni's eyes were drawn down with them.

"Asssssss promisssssssed, I honor life with deathsssssss."

And Agni saw that it was so -- the humans were very much alive, though they proved equally apt at dying - plagues, starvation, infighting, and the ignorant few who dared to touch the Deathbloom.

There was an unspoken question -- was it Agni who had promised to honor his brother death?
Agni looked down at the humans.

Yes.  They live, they die.  Zebus would be pleased, were he still around.  Why should this concern me?  Zebus was a fool who died instead of escape, after I did all I could to save him.  Turns out he was flammable after all.   

Agni
then turned to regard the returning Urru.   

You are fast, but I find you inferior to the Supreme HeatLord.  Perhaps you can do something more interesting? 
Urru looked around, confused.  "I don't see a Supremeheatlord here.  All I see is you, the Stone, a swarm of floaty things and this prism.  Is the prism supposed to be the Supremeheatlord?  It doesn't give off heat.  Look!"

Urru brushed up against the prism and felt nothing.  "No heat here."
ƸȌƷ
Agni frowned.  Urru was passing next to the ball of heat, but was not burning.  Agni pushed closer to the heat, and soon it felt as if he himself would melt if he went any closer.  How, then, was this possible?  Urru brushed again and again against the very core of the orb...

Agni floated backwards. 

LightLord, what do you see here? 
Did you ever hear the story of the Lord of Creation? It is a good one, the best even, if you believe the old folk. It goes by another name too. Well, it goes by many names. What doesn't? But there's one I'm thinking of. Chaos WithinAh yes, I see you've heard of that one. Would you like to hear it? It's a long one, but we have time.

But before I tell you that story, I have to tell you another story...

The story of Mother Moon and the Sister Stars.

Once upon a time there was a beautiful woman with eyes like fire and hair bright as silver. She lived in a little hut at the end of the world. Every morning she would carry a great big silver jug to the nearest river. And every evening, she would carry the great big silver jug back, full to the brim with water, to her little hut at the end of the world.

It was a simple life, but she enjoyed it. She was never bored, or in want of toil. She never went hungry because the hut at the end of the world had a little garden when the woman grew golden berries, which she loved to eat. But the woman was not satisfied.

One day, as she watered her garden with the water she brought from the nearest river in the great big silver jug, she realized what she was missing. Eating the berries herself was all fine and nice, but she wanted more. She wanted someone who could give her more, someone who could eat the berries with her, and tell her how very sweet they were.

And so the woman plucked seven golden berries from her garden and the next day, as she carried the great big silver jug to the river, she carried the golden berries in a pouch at her waist. When she reached the river, she carefully placed the jug on the river bank. And then she carefully drew out the golden berries and dropped them, one by one into the river, where they bobbed and floated. And then she filled her jug and left.

The next morning, the woman returned to the river with her big silver jug, and was delighted to see that, where once there were seven golden berries, now there was a row of fat, pink babies, laughing and smiling in the river. The woman scooped these babies up with her great silver jug, and carried them back to her hut at the end of the world.

It time, the babies grew to beautiful young children, with eyes like fire and hair bright as gold. They loved their mother, and made her very happy. But every day they watched her march away with the great big heavy silver jug, and they were sad.

"Please mother," every morning they would say, "Let us carry that jug for you."

And every evening she would reply: "Perhaps when you are older.

But there is one thing I have forgetten to tell you. An old witch lived by the river. It was her river, you see. She had watched with hateful eyes as, every morning, the mother brought her great big silver jug to the river and, every evening, the mother brought the jug back, full to the brim with the witch's water. The mother knew about the witch, but had never seen her. The mother was careful never to drink the water directly, for she knew it to be magical. Only by giving it first to the golden berries was it safe. And this is why she was afraid to send her children to fetch the water.

But one day, the mother became very ill. The children tried to help, but there was nothing they could do. She needed rest, and more of those sweet golden berries. But the great silver jug was empty, and without the water, the berries could not grow.

"Please mother," the children said, "Let us fetch you some water."

The mother sighed. But with a heavy heart she said, "Yes my children, go, but be careful not the drink the water."

The children, amazed at their good fortune, quickly agreed and ran off, squabbling over who should carry the jug. With their quick little feet, they hurried much faster than their mother would have done. Soon, however, they tired. The long walk had made them hungry, and thirsty, and in want of rest. They had enjoyed a good life in the small hut at the end of the world, and were not accustomed to the heat of the day. Soon, they had to stop, and dropped their jug upon the grassy floor, and then dropped themselves right beside it.

As they were resting, the cruel witch watched from the shadows. She was outraged at their beauty and youth. She quickly hurried away and laid a vile spell upon the river, and hid herself beside it. And she waited. Sure enough, the children soon followed. She could see how tired and thirsty they were, and she smiled her wicked smile.

"Surely one small sip can't hurt," said the children together, "I am ever so thirsty."

And the witch watched as the children bent by the river bank and scooped the water into their greedy mouths. And then, cackling, she leapt out at them.

"Foolish children! You have sprung my trap!" she howled, "Now you shall never see your dear mother again."

And she watched in wicked amusement as the children, shocked and afraid, slowly began to transform. Rows of golden scales appeared on their skin. Fins grew upon their backs and sides and their legs fused together into tails. Gills gaped at their necks and their eyes became wide a glossy. One by one, the little golden fish tumbled into the river as the witch cackled and howled.

Three days passed and the mother, sick with worry, made the long trek to the river. When she found her children, she began to weep. But even as she wept, she scooped up the children in her great big silver jug, and carried them back to her hut. She spent the night with her children, feeding them golden berries, and talking to them. But she knew that they were fish now, and a silver jug in a little hut at the end of the world was no place for a fish. And so in the morning, she carried the children back and let them go in the river. But the love of a mother in deep and abiding and so, every night, she returned, scooped up the children, and carried them to the hut, and spent the night with them. But every morning she set them free again, so that they could dance and swim freely, and shine in the river with their golden scales.

OOC
3 PP Create Artifact - Modify the Sun. Split it into seven smaller suns. More details to follow.

4 PP Create Plane - The Moon. The home plane of Yr, its manifestation in the material world is a small silver disk in the sky.
There was such a commotion happening all around him. Agni, I am unsure of where all these... Others have come from. Perhaps there is... something... about the world crown that concentrates power and gives it life. I tried to recreate a beauty above the crater, but that Other is what occurred in its place... Onus indicated Urru. He looks at the petals when they finally speak and scrutinizes them more closely. Some many things occurring, he has trouble focusing on all of them. But, he is more easily focused on the confusion he feels when Agni refers to the stone being as the supreme heatlord. But even that distraction is dwarfed by a sudden upheaval of stone coming from the far distant south. Agni, There is another out there. Onus turns looking southward. This other moves stone... much and more stone...
Too many!

Sa's petals were suddenly without direction. Several handfuls were too close to Agni, and immolated almost instantly. Another hundred dozens struck Onus' stone bulk and stuck, trapped against the god's great bulk. The remainder scattered to the winds, quickly swept up in the distance.

It was enough that the others knew of Sa. If they wished to confess promises, they would need to seek out Sa! The god retreated to the largest of the human settlements, to watch. 
"Oh, I like the sound of that. Supreme HeatLord. It does have a beautiful ring to it. Much better than Prism. Though, maybe if you called me the Supreme Prism? No, no, I'm sorry, prism is just an ugly word. It wont do at all." Artun turned, making the light best fall on his sandstone, causing his fires to blaze higher, cascading the light he refracted into iridescent rainbows, and swirling up the freshest petals.

"Ow!" he said suddenly, though none of those looking at him could see what had caused it. He rubbed his neck, though the action didn't translate well into light or fire or flower. He stopped and looked blankly at the other gods around him. "uhhhaye mean, Oh mighty ones, I can tell you what you see: perfect beauty, for that is what I am."

He preened again, and if he had a pen, might have offered autographs as well. The act was cut short, however, by a grimace that, seemingly without purpose, crossed his face. His hand twitched towards his neck, but he kept it from reaching. "Ah, but do not let me distract you. Though I could understand spending the rest of your lives looking at me."

Artun looked in the reflective flower again, but after several moments forced himself to stop. "Mr. Rocky, you say that there is another out there, one who is, ah, moving rocks? That sounds very, ah... serious? Moving stone is bad? Let us investigate! I would volunteer for this expedition. Perhaps one other of you will accompany me?"

Artun batted his eyelashes, which didn't translate well at all into any visage.

OOC

A delve underground might be a good time to ascend the god of darkness. I'm willing to contribute an AP: anyone else willing to put up with Artun and do likewise?
"I see a glowing prism shining beams of light in all colors.  It looks really neat, but it is not hot.  Not even a little."

Urru cocked it's head sideways and ruffled it's shining downy coat.

"Humm...  Oh!  Do you think we see different things?  Maybe this thing is a thing that likes to look like different things for us to look at?"

The little god of light examined it closely then looked back to Agni.  "It is nice to look at even so.  If that is all this thing is it is a neat thing but not really a useful thing."
ƸȌƷ
Agni spared a look for Onus.

I fear there are many others, StoneLord, of whom we know only a few.  We have lost control of the orderly progress of Creation.

The God grimaced his opinion of that particular development, and turned back to the two orbs of light:  one blindingly hot, the other merely bright.

We see different things, then?  Whatever is most beautiful to us?  Then, LightLord, you have been most useful after all, and I have been mistaken on two fronts.  

Agni
spoke to the blinding orb. 
You.  The IllusionMaster, have you a name?  

Thought
 I'd come, but I don't know how it makes thematic sense for me to ascend Darkness...
Urru beamed at the kind words from Agni, literally.  It then turned in the direction of flowery god's departure.

"Agni of Flame, I think it is a good thing to have met you and I am sure I will be meeting you again before long but I want to see what the other one that flew away was about.  The nice-smelling bunch of colorful things.  I feel something about it.  I do not know the word, but I feel the same something about the StoneLord, too.  I will find you on your travel, StoneLord, once I am done with the other one."

The being of light gives a respectful litte bow to the both of them and then turns to Artun.  "To you, IllusionMaster, I say that I have interest in other things that do not need to make themselves into things which they may not be.  You are a tricky thing.  Good-bye."

With a flicker the god sped off on the trail of the thing that called itself "Saaaaaaa".
ƸȌƷ
Pruinus gently picked up the blade of Zebus, examining it carefully and attempting to give Marcus an understanding smile.

"I must apologize my friend, but I wish to keep this blade. For now, at least. Perhaps if we came to understand each other more, then I will find a you a worthy owner. But for now, that much is uncertain. If you truly want this blade, You must prove yourself. That is fair, is it not?"

OOC
Show
Kinda lost track of the last few posts and seeing as none of the gods refer to Pruinus or even mention her presence, I'm going to assume she and Marcus are further behind with the sword.

James
That was my impression as well.

~GodCrater~

There was something... wrong... about this place.  Something which seemed to reach out and try to snuff the spark which lay at the core of Scorch's being.  It was as if the very air battled against him.  Flickering slightly, Scorch listened intently to the screeches and screams which echoed around him, and decided that he had had enough.  This part of the world was too exciting.  Scorch pushed himself upwards, away from the lake, and soon realized that his ascent would intersect with the descent of several... things.  A sliver of primal fear entered into Scorch, who stopped moving, hoping to be passed by by the misshapen beings.

No luck.  The Craterspawn were coming for him.  They circle around him, screeching their horrible cries, and Scorch knew true terror.  But the Agni'Vohda still spoke:

"I only wish to leave in peace.  Do you speak?  can you speak?"
Time passed. The Smith had moved his workshop to the caves under the southern mountains. He moved his few belongings there, amongst them the Anvil he had made himself on. It was covered with rust after long years of dwelling under the waves..but yet it was dear to him. Thick fingers stroked its rusted surface everytime he passed by it. Memories of days long passed..memories of the sun, Father and..those..beings he had seen so long ago. The Anvil made him remember that there was a world out there.

And...it made him think of the Angels and how they had flown in the distance. There had been a certain beauty to that...he had to make creatures like that. Creatures like the Angels..but yet diffrent. There was no room for flight in his realm. No room for red sunsets, blue skies or..well..wings.

The Smith left his realm to search for new life. To see what the other God's had done since he had last travelled the world.
Not really a useful thing?! Artun thought to himself. At least I didn't break the sun with my endless annoyance.

Good riddance, he grumbled in his thoughts, as the puny light thing flew away. Agni asked him a question, but his hurt pride made it hard to focus on it. Instead, he stared off at the vile little thing for several moments, until piecing pain around his neck reminded him that he had a role to play.

Artun turned to Agni, slid forward, and said with a crackle of fire in his voice, "Master of flame, my name is Artun. But I am not a master of illusion, and my appearance is not a trick."

He drew neared the burning face. It was hot, really hot, but he was afraid of his master's displeasure more than catching fire. This was partially because he had never been set on fire before. But it made him wonder how Agni felt. It seemed the god saw him as a flaming ball of hot stuff. Could fire feel hot?

In a quiet sizzle Artun whispered, "I appear only as perfect beauty. You see me as I truly am. If the other doesn't see me the same as you, then what can I conclude but that he doesn't see beauty rightly? What would be pleasing to the eye about a prism? How is that beautiful?"

The bright burning orb of Artun withdrew far back. Did Agni now feel cold in comparison? Artun turned towards the outer world. "But if there are ill works about, we should investigate, yes? I volunteered to go investigate, but will no one accompany me?"

Artun moved back towards Agni. That one seemed most entranced by his beauty. Maybe he could leverage that. "Perhaps you?" He tried to put all the seduction he could into the request.
The Smith travelled the world. Seeing many things and experiencing far more. This time he did not stay away from the beings that lived in the world. Instead he got close to them, often with the help of a clever disguise, he possessed living beings and lived their lives with them. It was under these circumstances Thereus encountered the Humans and teached them how to work metal. They..were interesting creatures after all and he couldn't help himself. So while wearing the flesh of one of their kind he left their settlement and returned with metal found in distant mountains. He teached the others how to use fire to melt it, tools to work it and how to shape it in to weapons, tools and ornamental things of all types.

Thereus...enjoyed that. To teach and to see how they learnt. He left them in time though, afraid to perhaps spark the attention of their diety and returned to his own realm filled with ideas. There..was potential in those humans...perhaps it would be possible to sway over some of them to his cause? It..was tiresome to be alone after all. Depressing even.

AP: Nourish Humans 1PP: Teaches the Humans how to melt metal and make tools, weapons and other useful things of it.

4 PP left.
The Fused God walked slowly through the narrow corridors of Guvarah An. The calls of the craterspawn were almost inaudiable behind the hundreds of stone carved walls.

It had felt like an age since he had raised the fortress with his very hands. It was familiar to him: its many levels and balconies, its fountains and falls of clotted blood intermixed with acids, and its towering spires that pierced the low-hanging vapors. The craterspawn within the fortress, manned at the countless doors and hallways, cowed as he passed.

Azazel/Go'El finally arrived at the heart of his fortress. It was the only spacious room in the fortress, with a wide, vaulted ceiling. A wide twin throne rested at the top of a flight of stairs near the end. A roaring sulfurous fire cast light and long shadows across the hall. Pillars covered in runic depictions and odes to the First lined the hallway. They writing was oddly beautiful and filled with violent undertones. Only The First had valued Azgo, and he had given him the whole of the multiverse to lord over.

An esteemed purpose, grand power, and even a family of gods as his servants and advisors-

-Untill the Firstborn had stolen it from him!

The Fused God felt a concentrated wave of hatred beat from his warped hearts. His fists clentched, and blood ran freely through the spaces in his fingers. He cast the blood into the air, which evaporated into thick haze clinging in the air. "Show me the world." The haze began to move, taking on the form of mountains and swirling lakes and even wandering gods.

The time was closing. Only a few more things were needed now.

He began to watch a god moving about, instructing creatures made of flesh the ways of steel.

An idea started to form...

OOC
Azgo uses the term Firstborn to refer to his siblings. It does not mean born first, but rather, born of the First. This "title" is given to the first four.

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

Pruinus looked out over the world as she waited for Markus to respond to her judgement, keeping herself alert to any sudden attacks. She didn't trust this god yet, not one bit.

She noticed a chain of mountains rising upside beside the crown, created by Onus most likely.

She also noticed a horrible decaying crater with a yellow sky. Most likely agni's work, only he would wish to create such a thing.

Perpaps she might pay one of them a visit...
Onus looked at Artun. The matter of the stone is... already being looked into. I am certain though... that learning more about you would be... worth my while. If Agni speaks true... and there are many Others... It would be well of us to find them... and know them. Where would you propose to start? His rumbling voice carries though the whole valley. His head above the peaks of the mountain chain, he turned examining the vast expanses of land and saw that it was much changed from before. Where once there was emptiness, now most of the land was filled with the shape of life. Leaf had been very busy.

---

Cumbrous and his companions had traveled for weeks. The journey was tiring, but as most of the land has been barren, it was not difficult. Once the mountains of the south came into view, it became obvious where they were heading, and it had given the group hope. They walked to the foot of the mountains and began a thorough examination. After another week spent in their search, they found the mountaintops to be empty and lacking any signs of a creator.

And so, with only one place left to search, they sang their songs into the stone and opened the path down into the places below. The caverns they found were astonishing, so vast and complex. As they moved about, they wondered if even they might get lost inside such a complex as this. Eventually, however, their stubbornness paid off. They watched as the metal being worked through the day and night, transfixed by the effects and beauty he was creating...
Agni found it difficult to concentrate as the wonderful heat (even if he knew it to be there only for his benefit) surged close and far, enticing him like the most amazing perfumes.  

I... uh... Well, yes.  Bad things should be investigated, I imagine.   He managed to say.

Part of his brain registered the sudden splitting of the Sun into many smaller orbs, which, normally, he would have immediately gone to investigate.  Now... that seemed less important. 
As the blade grew cold in Pruinus's presence, the hilt grew to be even colder, almost to a firey hot burning sensation in her hands. After realizing that it was no longer in the presence of Leaf, and not likely going to be handed over to the newcomer, the blade calmed down. Returning to a normal tempurature that no matter how cold or hot it got, it would seem to always be a comfortable tempurature.

Zebus speaking to the other one telepathically "If you could convince her to hand me over, I can be yours to wield. Otherwise we shall have a cup of tea another time."

Poking around telepathically, Zebus encounters Pruinus's mind and she feels a familiar presence. "Why hello there! I thought that annoying one would never leave or let me go!"

show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/24.jpg)

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

The craterspawn dived down upon the small elemental, ignoring his petty pleas. They attacked with an animalistic cunning, swooping upon him in pairs and three's from different directions. Their taloned hands swiped in a flurry of bloodlust. It took all of the agility the Agni'Vohda could muster to avoid the numerous deathblows. He started to flee. With a deathscream, they followed, delighted.

The fight continued over broken ground and between the boulder feilds. They were dogged in their pursuit of him and were swiftly gaining ground. As the monstrosities were about to overcome him, they suddenly veered upward aside from two. One craterspawn had tackled its brethren unto a geyser opening. They struggled, with one of them reaching for the elemental. Then ground rumbled and  a handful of geysers burst forth with an eruption of scalding waters and a heavy haze. The craterspawn howled as its flesh was broiled and torn from its skin and the other was thrown backwards.

It was only a few seconds, but it would be enough. Or he would die, as all the unworthy did in the Godcrater...

------------------

He had been scouring the map for weeks. Over and over the wisps moved and the haze molded itself to the terrain of the world. But nothing. Nothing at all.

There was no sign of the god on the surface, and no sign of a plane or a palace. He had simply vanished.

The thoughts were begining to dominate his mind. Hundreds of places, the thousands whispers of a mysterious smith who vanished, and the occasional image of himself grabbing the little god-king in his arms and tearing him into pieces as he begged before casting his severed limbs at the feet of his dying creations. The last was particularly soothing.

What had been changing? There were new creatures, made from stone and some from flesh. They wandered and farmed and forged and sometimes warred. There were new forests and grasslands bathed in dawning light. The mountains had shifted. Gods were gathering. And there wa-
-The mountains had shifted. Azazel/Go'El smiled with blackened gums and vicious teeth.

The mountains.

They were being pushed upward, and the great stone layers of the earth were cracking and shaking. Why would someone push the mountains up unless they craved room beneath? That was where he had gone, this son of Agni: into the depths of the planet itself.

He had heard the whispers of his siblings, not all, but enough. They had mentioned him to their followers who spoke to others or to each other. Doubtlessly, they searched for him as well. Or knew where he was, perhaps? That troubled the Fused God, how distant he was and how soft the wisps spoke. He could not hide forever, and he certainly could not be witness to all of his betrayers' activities. He would have to hurry.

Azazel/Go'El stood and discorporated into an edgeless being of sulfurous vapors. The cloud, only defined by a pair of malevolent eyes, flowed out from Guvarah An and into the caverns closest to the surface. There he expanded into a rolling cloud and flowed through the stonework cracks. It would take days, but he must get there before the Firstborn did, if they were even coming.

But he was sure of that, they were always coming closer to him.

Always...

My photo was found here.

Urru found Sa busy experimenting on Mortals.

A pair of farmers were harvesting to their fields of flowers. The work was heavy and hard, and they would often stop to rest their scythes. Whenever they did, a single petal would streak down, and casually bat the scythe out of the Farmer's grip. It was clear that the two humans had no idea what was happening, for they would curse, and call out, and accuse the other of interfering with them. In fact, at the moment, both scythes lay forgotten on the ground as the two had confronted each other, quarreling in person.

If Sa was immediately aware of Urru's presence, it did not let on.
Marcus waved his hand, an opaque cloud blocking others nearby from intervening.

Jamespies and Joran
"I need not prove myself in this matter. Simply inquire to the powers within the blade itself, seeing as how the blade called to me. I found it born by one I do not know, who's abilities are not known to me, but the sword clearly despised his touch. I came as it requested, and find myself forced to listen to that bore, and even follow him as I would not intervene in the completion of his vow."

"I do not ask that you give the blade to me. I ask only that you allow me to carry it for a time. Should it come to pass that the blade finds me lacking, I shall return it to you."

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Artun's mind worked as fast as it could. Which is to say, long moments of silence stretched out as he thought. Two gods. He didn't like those odds.

"If there are many others, maybe we should split up? Each go a direction, find what others we can, and then meet back here and inform the others? Work together by working apart."

Yes, that seemed like a good ploy. Artun turned around and pointed towards the center of the crown. "Mr. Rock Master, sir, perhaps you should look that way. There was an explosion over there not long ago."

Artun looked around, and then motioned towards the earth tremmors with a tendril of white fire. "Agni Flamesalot, perhaps you should look that way? I see that there are other gods about in that direction."

He looked upwards. Someone had to go there, and better him than no one. And by that, he meant it was better that people think he went there than for anyone to actually go there. "I will investigate the sun. Or suns. Or whatever that is."
Urru watched curiously as Sa toyed with the mortals.  They did not seem to be enjoying the games it was playing with them.  Or were they?  Urru could not tell, they were strange things.  It floated quietly for a moment and then approached what looked like the center of the petal swarm.

"Saaaaaaaa.  I am Urru.  I am Light.  I have something to ask you, if you will listen.  What is this thing that I feel around you and around StoneLord?  It is a different thing to feel, and I do not know a word for it.  Tell me, Saaaaaaaa."
ƸȌƷ
The Smith had returned to his dwelling under the mountains. A vast hall hidden beneath a mighty mountaintop. There he worked and lived. The walls were covered with weapons, tools and odd instruments. All made of different sorts of materials. Bone, metal, stone, obsidian and even glass. This was what the Smith spent most of his days doing. Making things. Not especially magic things but useful things.

Tools to change and manipulate the world around him without having to using his divine powers. It fascinated him to the degree that one of his projects at the moment was to cut pillars out of the mountain to support planned expansion of his home, using nothing but his hands and handmade tools.

So there he was working, thinking and perhaps even humming to himself as a certain visitor searched through the mountains in search of Thereus.
Pruinus expression changed to a scowl as the other god made his effort to block any intervention. Pruinus wasn't afraid to face him one-on-one, but perhaps the idea he also wasn't afraid and made such commands of an elder god such as herself was very aggravating.

"Does the blade speak to you too? This blade is the last remaining remnant of my brother and child Zebus. I shall not risk this blade being held by unworthy hands. If you are worthy of this sword, PROVE IT"

She placed a weighty emphasis on the last two words.
~GodCrater~

Scorch darted here and there, using his natural quickness (being a flame, after all) to stay just ahead of the reaching talons of the Craterspawn.  It was unfortunate, he thought to himself, that he had stumbled upon such twisted beings.  This was, perhaps, too exciting.  

A blast of steam, a scream of pain, and Scorch used the moments of confusion to dart low over the thick waters, a small spark, hopefully unnoticed by the Craterspawn.  Scorch looked backwards, keeping an eye on the remaining Craterspawn, who had lost track of him, when suddenly the lake roiled and splashed him with its toxic waters.  Scorch cried out, flame sputtering, and landed on a piece of... something... floating in the water.  Dazed, he willed himself to recover as quickly as possible.

~The Crown~

Agni still found it difficult to think with the closeness of the beautiful heat.  His complaint that he was not a 'Flamesalot' died about a third of the way to his mouth.  

South?  I... I can go there.  Yes.  I shall.  I will go explore.  

Agni raced southwards towards the newly erupted mountains.
Artun nodded respectfully to the Rock God and headed towards the suns. He waited until long after he was out of sight to turn and head south, after Agni instead. Something had split the suns, and there was an undesirable taste about it. He had no real desire to go close to them, and it would be better if all the gods left them alone.

The land below sped by, but Artun pushed himself harder. Agni had a head start, and Artun wasn't sure what he would do once he regained his right mind. The back of his neck burned, as if his master could read his thoughts and wanted to say, "pray that he hasn't."

Mountains rose into view and raced towards him. This must have been what Rocksy had been talking about. The god of vanity paused for a moment. Someone had to be responsible for this. He wasn't sure he wanted to meet such a being.

Agni was nowhere to be found, however. Had he beat the other god here? Had the flamelord already returned? Artun landed.

With no one around, his master slid out from his mirage and inspected the region. "There are caves... many caves and tunnels and caverns. Full of power."

"Should we go elsewhere?" Artun asked.

"No, this will be perfect. So many caves... it will be hard for unwanted visitors to find the right one. They'll find the other, blame the other, and leave us be."

Artun's master settled on a patch of earth and it sizzled. Slowly the creature descended into the ground, eating the earth away rather than moving it. It was careful to avoid any of the other tunnels and caves. Comparitively, it was a tiny network, but it was entirely unconnected to the other caves. Only this one entrance, nestled among countless others, lead to it.

As the oil moved through the earth, it became larger. Earth wasn't hearty food, but it was food nonetheless. As it went it coated the walls of the tunnel with itself, turning the entire network into a large digestive track. But to the eye, the walls looked like rock. Dark rock, rock that oddly absorbed light and warmth, but still, natural rock.

"Bring the other to me," the cave said.

For a moment, Artun considered just leaving. Perhaps the other gods would protect him. He liked Agni, and didn't want to betray him. But... no, the other gods couldn't keep him safe. Only obedience could.

The god set out, searching for Agni.

What would he say if the other god asked him why he was here? He'd have to think of something... and thinking was not one of his strengths.
There are tales, laughed at by the wise, that say that in the west there is a strange place. Badlands fill the west, unbroken by mountains or plants or life. Most those who are foolish enough to travel in that direction are never heard from again. The gods take them, it is said. But a rare few return.

Not that they're believed, but they claim that, in the far western wastes, there is a forest. Lies, of course. Nothing lives out there. But, they say, this is an ancient, primal forest. The trees there are giants, larger than mountains, the animals bigger than men. And at the center, they say, is the strangest thing of all. A little tiny man, a leaf, sitting in the middle of countless piles of seed. On his lap is a book of endless pages and, in careful, tiny handwriting, the strange creature, man or god, writes down the laws of the universe.

The wise mock such stories. They said that those who tell them either are telling lies at worst, or recounting fevered delusions at best. There is nothing out west. Nothing in this world, at least.
Agni wavered in the air as he traveled southwards, feeling his willpower slowly returning to him as the warmth of the Orb faded into the atmosphere and the cold of the late afternoon.  He had not made good time, having spent most of it wondering what exactly had just happened.  He, Agni, the Firelord, had acted strangely, there was no denying it.  Even now, he couldn't quite understand why he was traveling southwards towards the distant mountains... only that he should do this.  It was unsettling. 

And yet, if I go onwards, perhaps I will discover why all of this is happening.  The God rumbled to no one in particular as he traveled.

Below, strange lithe animals skittered and fled as he traveled overhead, but Agni paid such flammable things no notice.  His eyes were fixed on the highest mountain peak.

The God arrived at the mountain, and, immediately, felt an enticing warming presence.

I will not be made a fool of again!  He thought viciously.

IllusionMaster!  Show yourself!   He cried out.
Artun paused. Agni sounded angry. Why would be be angry?

Oh, right.

He wasn't sure it would be safe to approach. But then if his master found out that the hot one had escaped because he was afraid... that wouldn't be exactly safe, either.

"Hello?" Artun responded. He looked around and didn't see Agni anywhere. His voice echoed off the mountains, confusing his sense of direction.

"As I said," echo echo echo, "it's not an illusion. I'm beauty, so you see beauty. I am what you see." He spoke too fast and his own echoes muddled his meaning.

Artun wandered around the mountains for a few more moments before tripping, falling, and sliding right past the fire god. The god of vanity righted himself, dusted himself off, and climbed back up the mountain. As he went he called out, "There was a creature at the suns. As soon as I approached, it darted south and I followed. Come, it's hiding in a cave. I can't see in there, but your glowy fireness should lighten things up."
Agni frowned, and grasped at the paradox that the brilliantly warm thing claimed to not be able to see without his presence as an anchor to keep his mind active and not befuddled by the heat that was worming its way through his skin to his core.

That this God was a problem was obvious.  Agni half felt like he should turn and go as far the other direction as possible.  But the other half cried out Follow! and Agni did.

They soon arrived at the cave, a black mouth that gaped on the side of a mountain.

In there?  Very well.  Stay close to me.  Not too close, mind you.

Days of darkness.  Days of darkness in the labyrinthine tunnels, gliding forward for miles before being forced to turn around. Azazel/Go'el was drawing closer. The air was terribly hot and flowed swiftly in the caverns, and the echoes of mighty hammerstrikes shook the cavewalls.

Suddenly the tunnel filled with the light of soft, glowing metals and fiery forges the size of houses. The swirling vapors drifted slowly, even lazily into the now vast hall. They rose and clinged to the dancing shadows of the ceiling, carefully moving forward. Veins of ore, colored with a dozen shades and some bearing sparkling gems, were only matched in number by the tools both mudane and exotic that were mounted on the walls.  Despite himself, the Fused God was... impressed.

He drifted farther and farther until the hammerblows were met, almost in harmony, with a clear tuned humming. Then he saw the forge god striking away at a massive rocky pillar. Azazel/Go'El watched, and was soon confused. Was this god... neglecting his power? The pillar did not shape itself, nor did the pillar rise from the ground to meet the ceiling. he simply chipped away at it patiently.

What a fool, the Fused God thought. Still, he would be useful. The haze silently drifted back towards the hall entrance where it began to coalasce. Shapeshifting two deities into one form was painful, but required in this case.  He would need a form the god was not familiar with, one that he could explain away the taint the god would sense in him...

The smoke gave way to substance: flowing cloth, silvered hair, and an empty sheath. The body had formed, and Azazel/Go'El examined himself. The form was abnormally small, akin to a human. He whispered to himself,

This is me? Do I need to be bigger?

He gave more flesh to the form, to match the size of the forge god. Everything seemed...adequate. The god hobbled, clutching his side, into the hall. He called out down the hall with a voice to drown out the roar of the fires.

So how do you do?

My photo was found here.

Despite the presence of Agni, the air was cool. Moist. It clung to Artun's skin, but its grip was weak and it slid down, forming droplets that tumbled to the ground. A breeze crept along the lifeless slopes of the boney mountains and fell into the gaping mouth of the cave. A low moaning echoed up from its depths and the air whirled around unknown earthen spires, only to finally be exhailed with the scent of ancient places.

Artun took a step forward, the shattered gravel slicing at his feet. Agni descended into the cave, casting his illumination into the depths. Shadows fled to hiding places along the walls, waiting for the god to leave and for the return of their domination. The heat stirred up dustdevils on the cavern floor, animating sickly swirls of pale dirt that died as soon as they were born.

Artun hestitated, but the other god went forward more, fully into the place.

Though waves of heat cascaded off of the fire god, the air felt dank and decayed. It pooled around the cavern ceiling, condensing, and releasing stillborn droplets of exhausted water down onto the god. They hissed a sizzle as they danced upon the molten form of the god. But they did not evaporate. Wisps of haze rose from the god-pyre, but that haze hung fast to him, condensing, covering, smothering.

That god had been so nice to him...
"Agni," Artun called out, afraid to set foot inside the cave. "Look out!"

A small glob of oil fell from the ceiling and onto the god. It boiled, smoked, but would not ignite. More fell, and the sticky ooze on him began to wrap itself further, winding, constructing, binding. The very smoke that Agni produced as he burned against the oil clung about him. Deepening, suffocating, poisoning his mind and body.

The floor oozed upwards, covering him more, pulling him down. And within, as oxygen was cut off from his body, Agni felt himself grow as cold as stone.

"What can I do?" Artun shouted. "I... I'll get help." He turned to leave, but paused, and turned back. "Who can help?! Oh I'm useless, the prism was right."

Agni's flames could barely pierce the perfect darkness of the smog around him. It was as if the smoke was a thing itself, sucking the warmth and life out of him. Even as the ooze wraped around him, the sightless smoke did likewise. The unseen shadows, locked in a world of sightless darkness, sought revenge.

AP

1AP+1AP from Agni (pre -approved stealing) - Ascend Umbra, god of darkness, who happens to be in the middle of smothering Agni

0AP remaining

In the wider world beyond, fires everywhere dimmed and strugged, as if they were losing the will to live. The light of the seven suns flickered, and its rays became watery, impure, weak. The very heat of the world began to flee.

OOC

Non-AP: As TASOE suffocates Agni, fire's being weakened elsewhere in the world. Since this will revert once Agni's free (assuming he gets free, Bwahahahaha), I figured it wouldn't cost AP
The craterspawn felt a spark upon its chest, singing its already mangled skin. Its body was broken and the creature could do nothing but be carried by the surging acidic currents. Eventually it washed upon the shore, and in its death throes, collapsed into ash.

The spark still flickered desperately...

My photo was found here.

Sa's voice, when it came, had a halting, half-interested tone, and it was clear that Sa had not taken its attentions from the Humans it was toying with.

"It is kinship. You and I and the stone are unlike thossssssse self-proclaimed 'lordsssssss'.

Sa's voice sharpened, and Urru sensed the god "turn" towards him.

"Why do they quarrel? Can they not see that they are not responsible for the othersssssss misfortunesssssss?"
Sign In to post comments