[ICD] Stricken Riddlelord

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; margin:8px">
192175351 wrote:
Stricken Riddlelord |
Creature - Sphinx Zombie
Flying
Whenever Stricken Riddlelord enters the battlefield or attacks, you may exile up to three target cards from among graveyards. Target opponent chooses two of them. You may cast the remaining card without paying its mana cost.
A lord of Answers, bereft of Questions.
4/4

Without wanting to spoil the illusion, this one came from my brain half, and I really liked it.
It's just your word against mine, Imi.
Love the card.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

like the card, though titan-style triggers seems excessive

hate the name 
I love this forum.
I like the card but Imi and Detektor should be ashamed of themselves trying to take credit for Detetazoline's work.
That guy's abetter designer than the two of you could ever be, combined.
I like the card but Imi and Detektor should be ashamed of themselves trying to take credit for Detetazoline's work.
That guy's abetter designer than the two of you could ever be, combined.

43209753 internets for you
Don't hate the playa:

hate the name 

Edit: I actually can get down with the name. "Stricken" is a word that tastes like sweetnasty chicken thigh flesh in my mouth.
As with any thread involving Detektazoline, bits of this thread disturb me just a little.
Any particular reason why your opponent says "no not those ones" rather than "yes that one"?
Because it says "up to three".  As it stands now, you only get to cast one of them if you choose to take three.  If you take fewer than three, or if you remove some of them from the graveyard in response, you don't get to cheat and leave only one choice.
The World of Eldangard - a three act M:tG block by Fallingman Eldangard Stormfront Ragnarok
I see...
Shouldn't it be "target opponent chooses up to two of them"? If you're exiling "up to three" cards then you can exile just one. If you exile just one, there aren't two cards for your opponent to choose from so by my understanding they wouldn't be able to choose any. That would leave you able to cast the "remaining card" which in this case would in fact be the only card that you chose. I get the impression your card's ability wasn't suppose to work like that. I could be wrong about my interpretaion of the rulings though.
The opponent isn't choosing distinct targets, so they just do as much as they can.
For reference just go straight to Gifts Ungiven, where I completely ripped the wording basis from.
For reference just go straight to Gifts Ungiven, where I completely ripped the wording basis from.

What do you mean you ripped the wording basis? That was entirely me.

Jan 30, 2013 -- 4:39PM, Imidazoline wrote:

For reference just go straight to Gifts Ungiven , where I completely ripped the wording basis from.

What do you mean you ripped the wording basis? That was entirely me.

It's not from Gifts Ungiven it says "four" and your card says "up to three" which makes no sense. It should just be three
Oracle text of Gifts says 'up to four'.
note that it's always been "up to four", it just used to hide it in the "with different names" clause.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

Exactly.
Sign In to post comments