know of any good virtual tables somthing to that affect since WotC canceled theirs... thinking about messing around with the possibilty of playing on a table PC or using a projector from above/below... any ideas?

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
know of any good virtual tables somthing to that affect since WotC canceled theirs... thinking about messing around with the possibilty of playing on a table PC or using a projector from above/below... any ideas?

frothsof4e.blogspot.com/2012/10/check-ou...
We have been using RPTools and like it as it is all free
www.rptools.net
If you're in the market to purchase a pay program, I've had very good results with Fantasy Grounds II. The community is wonderful, and though the learning curve is higher to start out with, it can automate things to an amazing degree, such as automatically rolling saving throws, taking into account resistances and vulnerabilities, tracking status effects, and so on.
www.rpgtableonline.com

This appears to be THE EXACT same software as used by wizards, not sure what the deal is here - whether WoTC licensed it from them or vis versa but hey its free to use, although there are micro payements if you want to include additional dngeon tiles and tokens etc

I've only just discovered this yesterday so im still figuring it out.  
GTO was the one developing it in the first place.  Wiz canceled their participation in it and let GTO have it to themselves. 

It is the same software, and the same developer.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
www.rptools.net

Yep I've been using Maptool and don't see the need for anything else. Unless someone shows me a 3D VTT I doubt I will change anytime soon.
Owner and Proprietor of the House of Trolls. God of ownership and possession.
www.rptools.net

Yep I've been using Maptool and don't see the need for anything else. Unless someone shows me a 3D VTT I doubt I will change anytime soon.

Yeah, pretty much, rptools is extremly customizable to most people need...

But if somebody decide to release a VTT on 3D...i will be sold inmediatly...even if the graphics are as simplistic as PSone games like FFT. 
A nice modern online one that is also free is roll20.net

Play whatever the **** you want. Never Point a loaded party at a plot you are not willing to shoot. Arcane Rhetoric. My Blog.

I've been using Maptools.

Google Hangouts are also nice for the "sitting around a table" feeling, but you'll generally want your Hangout running *in addition to* your map+roll thingy.
Confused about Stealth? Think "invisibility" means "take the mini off the board to make people guess?" You need to check out The Rules Of Hidden Club.
Damage types and resistances: A working house rule.
Maptools/rptools  is really nice in my opinion because the Vision Blocking and Fog of War are so nice to incorporate into delving. It would be better if one of their critical devs had not been blessed with a real life time consuming duty so that they could finally dump Falcon code. But it is still nice.

I have a video tutorial on doing the VBL with itemized time stamps for different aspects here.

Though I also like Gametable 2.0.Rc7 because it is very efficient and basic.

Concisely: I want a system where players don't have to pick between mechanics and roleplaying. I hope 5E fails asap so a better system can be made asap.

( I can't believe what they did to the forums. The sterile lack or color is rather depressing. )

cool thank you all it has been really helpful...
We kickstarted Roll20.net, as it promised to be the ultimate system-agnostic virtual tabletop, but it will only run in Chrome and Firefox, both of which are too too huge and resource hungry for my crappy laptop to run (and I've preferred Opera for the past 15 years anyway; seems a bit idiotic to not support IE), so I haven't really gotten to use it despite being a beta tester. What little experience I did get with it was great, so I still recommend it to anyone who uses one of those two browsers.

About.me

Drive like you love your children

Through faith you have been saved by grace and not by works. -Ep 2:8-9

Grammar Made Easy – now there's no excuse for sounding like an idiot online.
Games From the Mind of fewilcox – my blog about writing; games, including, character sheets and other roleplaying accessories; and game design.

I'd strongly suggest a visit to the nascent www.rpgwithme.com site. It has direct DDi CB integration (and the same for Pathfinder via HeroLab) and a very nice set of features already, even though it's not "finished" yet.

Roll20 does a great job as well, but if you're looking for something that melds nearly seamlessly with 4e's digital side, rpgwithme is the better choice of the pair.

Before posting, why not ask yourself, What Would Wrecan Say?

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

www.d20pro.com/

Came across this today.
Sign In to post comments