Evolvve and Tidal Influence

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've been playing woth the evolve mechanic from Gatecrash

Evolve (Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, if that creature has greater power or toughness than this creature, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)

and I have discovered my creatures evolve 1 or 2 times then level off

Tidal Influence

Cast Tidal Influence only if no permanents named Tidal Influence are on the battlefield
Tidal Influence enters the battlefield with a tide counter on it
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a tide counter on Tidal Influence.
As long as there is exactly one tide counter on Tidal Influence, all blue creatures get -2/-0.
As long as there are exactly three tide counters on Tidal Influence, all blue creatures get +2/+0.
Whenever there are four tide counters on Tidal Influence, remove all tide counters from it.

if I could temporarily weaken my creatures in play or strengthen my creatures entering play when I summon another,
I could get my creatures to evolve more often.

So I'm looking for more effects to do that.

president obombya speaks anger prejudice and a time for US foreign air strike while the US worries about its rights

Let 'em burn [Frozen Parody]

You may choose not to untap Ashnod's Battle Gear during your untap step.
: Target creature you control gets +2/-2 for as long as Ashnod's Battle Gear remains tapped.

Target creature gets -3/-0 until end of turn.
Transmute (, Discard this card: Search your library for a card with the same converted mana cost as this card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library. Transmute only as a sorcery.)

president obombya speaks anger prejudice and a time for US foreign air strike while the US worries about its rights

Here are a few cards with repeatable effects, that may also help keep you alive:

Belbe's Armor
Oboro Envoy
Pemmin's Aura
Silvergill Douser
Staff of Zegon
thank you

those are all good but only manage to target a singal creaures

I think the best way to evolve may be to ramp into larger creatures

Bone Flute, Festercreep if you have a way to add counters (Dragon Blood?),
while it is still singular, agoraphobia seems like it could be a good card to use. you can bounce it between creatures and throw it at your opponent when needed.
i dont know the colors you plan on playing, but you could just pump up your creatures on teh way in to help the evolve creatures already on teh board with zameck guildmage.
Wall of Junk

y u no black, green, or white?
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Play Nulltread Gargantuan, bounce it back to the top of your library.  Play it again next turn (or sooner if you have a way to draw again.)