Optimize my monk in 3.5

126 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey. I'm new to this but i know what i want...i already have thatbasics to make my monk strong...but i waswondering what you would add

For now i have:
13 monk Levels
1 Forsaker Lvls
Vow of Poverty

(not showing all feats unless asked)

Tell me your opinion
Hey. I'm new to this but i know what i want...i already have thatbasics to make my monk strong...but i waswondering what you would add

For now i have:
13 monk Levels
1 Forsaker Lvls
Vow of Poverty

(not showing all feats unless asked)

Tell me your opinion

you can't be forsaker and have vow of poverty because you need Magic Items to destroy as Forserker and your vow of poverty don't let you use Magic Items, you can carry a magic items for a friend but use a magic item for your own Forsaker break your Vow of Poverty.
Pepe pecas pica papas con un pico con un pico pepe pecas pica papas si pepe pecas pica papas con un pico donde esta el pico con que pepe pecas pica papas.
Someone told me i can.. as in...destroying magical beasts counts as well and the items i destroy dont HAVE to be mine

Someone told me i can.. as in...destroying magical beasts counts as well and the items i destroy dont HAVE to be mine

well if your DM are agree, but as normal a character don't make Sunder to anything that her opponents have, more in party because all other members want the magic items, as normal you don't know that someone is magic unless your friends give you her magic items (as good you don't going to destroy something that not are yours) or know that the opponent are using one, as example using a rod of wand.

well you can use Superior Unarmed Strike from the ToB: book of nine swords pag 33 ,Imprived Natural Attack form the monster manual, and Elusive Target from the Complete warrior pag 110.
Pepe pecas pica papas con un pico con un pico pepe pecas pica papas si pepe pecas pica papas con un pico donde esta el pico con que pepe pecas pica papas.
Thanks...i'll discuss it some more with my DM
I have to say, Oma got the last part right for a change. I second Improved Natural Attack whole-heartedly, and since if I understand what Vow of Poverty is from these forums, you can't have magic items?, then Superior Unarmed Strike does indeed replace the magical Monk's Belt very handily! I'd personally also add in Versatile Unarmed Strike, but that's just me, as a "flavor" player.
I have to say, Oma got the last part right for a change. I second Improved Natural Attack whole-heartedly, and since if I understand what Vow of Poverty is from these forums, you can't have magic items?, then Superior Unarmed Strike does indeed replace the magical Monk's Belt very handily! I'd personally also add in Versatile Unarmed Strike, but that's just me, as a "flavor" player.

right versatile Unarmed Strike (PHB 2) work to break damage reduction and not is epic in 3.5.

Now if you going to make sunder use the variand of the monk fron the unearthed Arcana

SLEEPING TIGER

The Sleeping Tiger style mixes smooth motions with powerful strikes. It favors a quick, first strike approach, preferably from a position of ambush.

1st-Level Skill Bonus:Hide.
1st-Level Feat:Weapon Finesse.
2nd-Level Feat:Improved Initiative.
6th-Level Feat:Improved Sunder.
6th-Level Bonus Ability:Once per round, when an opponent would be denied his Dexterity bonus to Armor Class, the monk deals an extra 1d6 points of damage with a melee attack made with a light weapon. Any creature immune to sneak attacks is immune to this ability.
Prerequisites:Hide 9 ranks, Power Attack.

Or the

OVERWHELMING ATTACK

A monk trained in the Overwhelming Attack style always presses the advantage, preferring a showy display of all-out offense to any form of defense.

1st-Level skill Bonus:Intimidate.
1st-Level Feat:Power Attack.
2nd-Level Feat:Improved Bull Rush.
6th-Level Feat:Improved Overrun.
6th-Level Bonus Ability:If you have used Intimidate to demoralize your opponent at any time within the previous 10 rounds, you gain a +4 bonus on Strength checks made to bull rush or overrun that opponent.
Prerequisites:Intimidate 4 ranks, Perform (dance) 4 ranks.

Now use some feats like
Or better yet... Don't use a monk, and don't use Vow of Poverty. They both suck harder than a black hole.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
A monk is sort of like a fighter that misses twice as often thatnks to flurry of blows.
First of all to dispel accusations a VoP cannot posses magic items, that is not exactly the case. VoP prevents the ownership or use of all but the allowed objects meaning a VoP can pack about others magic items, direct how you donate your treasure, and have magic items used on their behalf. Thus, I would think it very possible that the party would be allowed to feed them magic items to kill. I've even believe it's wording would allow character's to grandfather in grafts from before taking it, though would still be prevented from receiving new ones.

I cannot endorse the feat Touch of Golden Ice enough. As a monk, Flurry of Blows is your biggest combat asset and any hope to stick Dex damage onto your attacks is an all too welcome boost. If Virulent Poison from Savage Species was able to be applied to the feat's effect (it's not because VP is restricted to extraordinary poison attacks) I would even suggest throwing that and ability focus at it. A DC 18 poison/detect evil is nothing to be sneezed at, especially for free, but a DC 16 would prove too low to be of much use. At your current level, most enemies are only going to fail on a 1 regardless of the small DC boost.

Regarding Prestige classes, I'd endorse Shintao monk from Oriental Adventures to continue your current path. As written, the class progresses several monk abilities, provides feats every even numbered level, and a number of Supernatural and Spell-Like abilities. It's not going to win any awards for "most op class ever" but it's at least a good as base monk.
The monk sucks. VoP sucks. Combining the two increases the suckage exponentially; they do not cancel each other out. If you insist on playing a VoP monk, at least start with a Tashalatora monk/PsyWar (or Ardent) or use an unarmed swordsage/Shadow Sun Ninjas. Those are what are called "functional monks".
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Draco basically said what I wanted to say, but then I saw this:
I cannot endorse the feat Touch of Golden Ice enough. As a monk, Flurry of Blows is your biggest combat asset and any hope to stick Dex damage onto your attacks is an all too welcome boost.

Flury of Misses is bad. Very, very bad. Almost as bad as the monk in general is.

OP: How to fix your character? Take Leadership and roll up a real character. Or just burn your character sheet and make a swordsage. Or a TashWar or TashArdent.

The monk sucks. The Forsaker really sucks. VoP is the single worst feat ever printed. Use none of them.
Customer Disservice of the House of Trolls Resident Secretly Ron Paul God of Spite and Sloth
Flury of Misses is bad. Very, very bad. Almost as bad as the monk in general is.

I'm sorry, do you have anything ELSE that monks do that helps them in combat? Even if it's "lolsobad" it's still their best combat feature.
The monk sucks. VoP sucks.

That's great and all, but it's still what you've been given to work with. If it's not the best then boo hoo, make do with what you're given.

Really guys, if your only answer is "Kill the character and roll up a new one" then maybe you shouldn't be commenting at all.
Vortsukoto, that is the only real advice one can give the OP. Not telling him that his choices are bad isn't going to help him (although the advice could have been presented in a less condescending manner.) This isn't the first time that someone has come on here with a monk asking for help. Perhaps they've gotten tired of rehashing the same advice over and over again.

To the OP: the monk is one of the most poorly designed classes in D&D 3.5. Nothing it does is worthwhile and most of its features actually hinder the class. Vow of Poverty only exacerbates the monks inherent flaws... If you want to stick to the martial arts master archetype, I would recommend either and unarmed Swordsage (Tome of Battle) or a monk 2/Psychic Warrior 18 usuing Tashlatora (I hope I spelled it right. I've also forgotten the name of the book the feat is in.) Hopefully some one recalls which Eberron book its in (although the feat isn't wholly tied to that setting...)

That is seriously the best advice anyone can give.

I'm sorry, do you have anything ELSE that monks do that helps them in combat? Even if it's "lolsobad" it's still their best combat feature.

Tripping. Maybe grappling. Maybe doing something that has a chance of being useful. Either way, not wasting an action on Flurry of Misses.
That's great and all, but it's still what you've been given to work with. If it's not the best then boo hoo, make do with what you're given.

Really guys, if your only answer is "Kill the character and roll up a new one" then maybe you shouldn't be commenting at all.

There's nothing better to say. Monks, especially VoP monks, can't function. Like, at all. So, if he doesn't want to have the monk commit suicide, he could at least have a real character by taking Leadership.
Vortsukoto, that is the only real advice one can give the OP. Not telling him that his choices are bad isn't going to help him (although the advice could have been presented in a less condescending manner.) This isn't the first time that someone has come on here with a monk asking for help. Perhaps they've gotten tired of rehashing the same advice over and over again.

This. There is nothing else to say beyond "Yeah, you got screwed raw." Monks, and everything they have, are absolute garbage. Am I the only one here that recalls the "level 1000 monk vs level 20 wizard" arguments on... some forum somewhere? 
If you want to stick to the martial arts master archetype, I would recommend either and unarmed Swordsage (Tome of Battle) or a monk 2/Psychic Warrior 18 usuing Tashlatora (I hope I spelled it right. I've also forgotten the name of the book the feat is in.) Hopefully some one recalls which Eberron book its in (although the feat isn't wholly tied to that setting...) That is seriously the best advice anyone can give.

Secrets of Sarlona

Customer Disservice of the House of Trolls Resident Secretly Ron Paul God of Spite and Sloth
Telling that a monk is poo is unhelpful. Telling him that a monk is poo but here are some other options that do exactly what you're trying to do, except good is extremely helpful.
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
When she meets CJ's mom?
Thanks EA... I knew it was something like that but was on my phone and unable to recall the exact title.
Tripping. Maybe grappling. Maybe doing something that has a chance of being useful. Either way, not wasting an action on Flurry of Misses.

You can engage a trip and grapple (and disarm, though that runs into problems with the VoP) with a flurry of blows.
There's nothing better to say. Monks, especially VoP monks, can't function. Like, at all.

In high tier play, that would be the case. This does not seem to be the case.

I'm sorry. For the most part, my problem was (and has continuously been) the condensing manner of that some people reply to requests like this. I've also got no problem telling someone that monks are a very weak option and to point away from playing them when building a character. Since they're asking for help with an existing character however, it should be assumed that you are helping them progress that character, not belittling them for making the character that way in the first place.
That bothers me too, but like I said, they get tired of rehashing the same old advice repeatedly. I hope it doesn't discourage the OP from seeking more advice as they could really help him out.
Thanks EA... I knew it was something like that but was on my phone and unable to recall the exact title.

I get all the mostly crappy campaign-specific books mixed up sometimes, too.

You can engage a trip and grapple (and disarm, though that runs into problems with the VoP) with a flurry of blows.

/)_-

...You have read the text of Flurry before, right? You know, about compatibility and all? But, even if we accept your incorrect assertion here, just for a moment, it won't make a difference. You know why? Flurry sucks. Flurry really sucks.
There's nothing better to say. Monks, especially VoP monks, can't function. Like, at all.

In high tier play, that would be the case. This does not seem to be the case.

No. Not in "high tier play." Period. Monks absolutely suck. That is simply a fact. Fighters are superior. Core-restricted rogues are superior to all but the most optimized splat-enabled monks. Monks are simply trash.

I'm sorry. For the most part, my problem was (and has continuously been) the condensing manner of that some people reply to requests like this. I've also got no problem telling someone that monks are a very weak option and to point away from playing them when building a character. Since they're asking for help with an existing character however, it should be assumed that you are helping them progress that character, not belittling them for making the character that way in the first place.

Meaning you prefer not hurting a delicate flower's feelings over answering the question. People come here(Well, actually the PE:CO, where this belongs) to get facts. So, I assure you, my mild condescension was much more useful that your incorrect, self-righteous politeness(That was actually quite rude).

But, since you say otherwise, you must be correct, oh grand and absolute arbiter of internet etiquette and secret CustServ employee. Oh, wait...
try to convince your DM that spiked xhain is a monk weapon too. get 1 level in monk and take the flurry alternative from PHB2. google spiked chain fighter.
try to convince your DM that spiked xhain is a monk weapon too. get 1 level in monk and take the flurry alternative from PHB2. google spiked chain fighter.
It's a bad combination.  A monk isn't very strong by herself, and the Vow of Poverty and forsaker prestige class both get in the way of her taking magic items that would normal help to cover her specific flaws.  They're interesting ideas, but they're not very well implemented.

That said, let's see what might work for this current build (we really do need to know your existing feats, though).

He's already past level 9, so the attack penalties are no worse than anyone else with medium BAB (like the swordsage), the real trouble being the lack of any ability to move to opponents and deliver multiple attacks in one round.

He should be able to flurry on the trips or on the grapples (Scorpion's Grasp might help there, and he already has special monk weapons that assist tripping or disarming).  Maybe add some sundering if he can manage it for tearing apart troublesome magical gear, like rings of freedom of movement.  Forsakers really should have been given sundering amongst their class abilities.

I'd suggest a slight alignment shift away from lawful and taking one level in barbarian with the spiritual totem (lion) alternative class feature for pounce to make those multiple attacks useful, then moving on to a non-monk class.  The dip is probably the quickest way to improve things a little.

The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance. - Good Omens

Co-Author of the Dreamfane, Euralden Eye, Gajuisan Crawler, Gruesome Lurker, Fulminating Crab, Ironglass Rose, Sheengrass Swarm, Spryjack, Usunag, and Warp Drifter, and author of the Magmal Horror from Force of Nature.

My most popular campaign item; for all your adventuring convenience.
Zauber's Mutable Rod: This rod has a number of useful functions that make it easier to live in the wilderness. It is made of polished wood, with five studlike buttons on one end. Each button produces a different effect when pressed. Unless otherwise noted, the rod’s functions have no limit on the number of times they can be employed. When button 1 is pressed, one end of the rod produces a small flame, equivalent to a candle. When button 2 is pressed, the rod unfolds into a two-person tent, complete with bedrolls and warm blankets. When button 3 is pressed, the rod becomes a one-handed hammer, suitable for pounding pitons into a wall. When button 4 is pressed, the rod becomes a sturdy iron spade. When button 5 is pressed, the rod becomes a wooden bucket able to hold 2 gallons of liquid. Once per day, it can be commanded to fill with fresh water. If the rod is seriously damaged or broken in any of its alternate forms (button 2, 3, 4, or 5), it reverts to its basic rod form and cannot be activated for 24 hours. Moderate conjuration; CL 9th; Craft Rod, minor creation; Price 375 gp; Weight 2 lb.
The Vow of Poverty already Gives Freedom of movement
The Vow of Poverty already Gives Freedom of movement

Yes, it does.  But for grappling, you want to take freedom of movement away from any opponents that might have it so that you don't automatically fail to grapple them.

So, what are your current feats, and any special alternative monk options you may have taken?

The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance. - Good Omens

Co-Author of the Dreamfane, Euralden Eye, Gajuisan Crawler, Gruesome Lurker, Fulminating Crab, Ironglass Rose, Sheengrass Swarm, Spryjack, Usunag, and Warp Drifter, and author of the Magmal Horror from Force of Nature.

Zauber's Mutable Rod: This rod has a number of useful functions that make it easier to live in the wilderness. It is made of polished wood, with five studlike buttons on one end. Each button produces a different effect when pressed. Unless otherwise noted, the rod’s functions have no limit on the number of times they can be employed. When button 1 is pressed, one end of the rod produces a small flame, equivalent to a candle. When button 2 is pressed, the rod unfolds into a two-person tent, complete with bedrolls and warm blankets. When button 3 is pressed, the rod becomes a one-handed hammer, suitable for pounding pitons into a wall. When button 4 is pressed, the rod becomes a sturdy iron spade. When button 5 is pressed, the rod becomes a wooden bucket able to hold 2 gallons of liquid. Once per day, it can be commanded to fill with fresh water. If the rod is seriously damaged or broken in any of its alternate forms (button 2, 3, 4, or 5), it reverts to its basic rod form and cannot be activated for 24 hours. Moderate conjuration; CL 9th; Craft Rod, minor creation; Price 375 gp; Weight 2 lb.
Not really. Took a forsaker level for the fast healing. and the vow for the AC.
You said you'd post your feats if asked, so what are they?

Ability Bonus Forsaker (Wisdom)

Beginning at 1st level, the character gains a +1 inherent bonus to any desired ability score for each forsaker level.

Ability Score Enchantment

At 7th level, an ascetic gains a +2 enhancement bonus to one ability score. At 11th level, he gains an extra +2 bonus to that score, and a +2 bonus to another ability score. At 15th level, he gains an extra +2 bonus to those two scores, and a +2 bonus to a third ability score. At 19th level, he gains an extra +2 bonus to those three scores, and a +2 bonus to a fourth ability score.

Abundant Step

At 12th level or higher, a monk can slip magically between spaces, as if using the spell dimension door, once per day. Her caster level for this effect is one-half her monk level (rounded down).

Armor Class Bonus Monk

When unarmored and unencumbered, the monk adds her Wisdom bonus (if any) to her AC. In addition, a monk gains a +1 bonus to AC at 5th level. This bonus increases by 1 for every five monk levels thereafter (+2 at 10th, +3 at 15th, and +4 at 20th level).

These bonuses to AC apply even against touch attacks or when the monk is flat-footed. She loses these bonuses when she is immobilized or helpless, when she wears any armor, when she carries a shield, or when she carries a medium or heavy load.

Blind

You gain +4 to all Listen checks, and the ability to take 10 on any Listen check, regardless of condition. Listen is considered a class skill for you. You also gain the feat Blind-Fight.

Blind-Fight

In melee, every time you miss because of concealment, you can reroll your miss chance percentile roll one time to see if you actually hit.

An invisible attacker gets no advantages related to hitting you in melee. That is, you don’t lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class, and the attacker doesn’t get the usual +2 bonus for being invisible. The invisible attacker’s bonuses do still apply for ranged attacks, however.

You take only half the usual penalty to speed for being unable to see. Darkness and poor visibility in general reduces your speed to three-quarters normal, instead of one-half

Combat Reflexes

You may make a number of additional attacks of opportunity equal to your Dexterity bonus.

Damage Reduction Forsaker

Beginning at 1st level, the forsaker gains damage reduction 1/-. This damage resistance rises by 1/- for every two forsaker level he gains thereafter. This stacks with any other damage reduction he already has.

Damage Reduction VoP

An ascetic gains damage reduction 5/magic at 10th level. At 15th level, this improves to 5/evil, and at 19th level to 10/evil.

Deflection

A 6th-level ascetic receives a +1 deflection bonus to his Armor Class. This bonus increases to +2 at 12th level, and to +3 at 18th level.

Diamond Body

At 11th level, a monk gains immunity to poisons of all kinds.

Diamond Soul

At 13th level, a monk gains spell resistance equal to her current monk level + 10. In order to affect the monk with a spell, a spellcaster must get a result on a caster level check (1d20 + caster level) that equals or exceeds the monk’s spell resistance.

Evasion

These extraordinary abilities allow the target of an area attack to leap or twist out of the way. Rogues and monks have evasion and improved evasion as class features, but certain other creatures have these abilities, too.

If subjected to an attack that allows a Reflex save for half damage, a character with evasion takes no damage on a successful save.

As with a Reflex save for any creature, a character must have room to move in order to evade. A bound character or one squeezing through an area cannot use evasion.

As with a Reflex save for any creature, evasion is a reflexive ability. The character need not know that the attack is coming to use evasion.

Rogues and monks cannot use evasion in medium or heavy armor. Some creatures with the evasion ability as an innate quality do not have this limitation.

Endure Elements

A 3rd-level ascetic is immune to the effects of being in a hot or cold environment. He can exist comfortably in conditions between -50 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit without having to make Fortitude saves

Energy Resistance

At 13th level, an ascetic gains resistance 5 to acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic energy. At 20th level, this increases to resistance 15.

Exalted Strike

At 4th level, an ascetic gains a +1 enhancement bonus on all his attack and damage rolls. In effect, any weapon the character wields becomes a +1 magic weapon, and can overcome the damage reduction of a creature as though it were a magic weapon. This enhancement bonus rises to +2 at 10th level, to +3 at 14th level, to +4 at 17th level, and to +5 at 20th level. At 10th level, any weapon damage the character deals is also considered to be good-aligned, so that it can bypass the damage reductions of some evil outsiders.

Fast Healing

Forsakers regain hit points at an exceptionally fast rate. At 1st level, the character regains 1 hit point per round. The number of hit points regained per round increases by +1 at the 5th, 9th, 12th, and 15th forsaker levels. This ability works like the fast healing described in the introduction of the Monster Manual.

Fast Healing Pool

A forsaker can only restore a number of hit points from fast healing per day equal to 10 times his HD.

Fast Movement Monk (40)

At 3rd level, a monk gains an enhancement bonus to her speed, as shown on Table: The Monk. A monk in armor or carrying a medium or heavy load loses this extra speed.

Fast Movement Forsaker

A forsaker has a speed faster than the norm for his race. He adds +5 feet to his speed at 1st, 3rd, 6th, and 9th level when wearing no armor, light armor, or medium armor (and not carrying a heavy load). This ability stacks with any other fast movement from other classes

Flurry of Blows

When unarmored, a monk may strike with a flurry of blows at the expense of accuracy. When doing so, she may make one extra attack in a round at her highest base attack bonus, but this attack takes a –2 penalty, as does each other attack made that round. The resulting modified base attack bonuses are shown in the Flurry of Blows Attack Bonus column on Table: The Monk. This penalty applies for 1 round, so it also affects attacks of opportunity the monk might make before her next action. When a monk reaches 5th level, the penalty lessens to –1, and at 9th level it disappears. A monk must use a full attack action to strike with a flurry of blows.

When using flurry of blows, a monk may attack only with unarmed strikes or with special monk weapons (kama, nunchaku, quarterstaff, sai, shuriken, and siangham). She may attack with unarmed strikes and special monk weapons interchangeably as desired. When using weapons as part of a flurry of blows, a monk applies her Strength bonus (not Str bonus × 1-1/2 or ×1/2) to her damage rolls for all successful attacks, whether she wields a weapon in one or both hands. The monk can’t use any weapon other than a special monk weapon as part of a flurry of blows.

In the case of the quarterstaff, each end counts as a separate weapon for the purpose of using the flurry of blows ability. Even though the quarterstaff requires two hands to use, a monk may still intersperse unarmed strikes with quarterstaff strikes, assuming that she has enough attacks in her flurry of blows routine to do so.

When a monk reaches 11th level, her flurry of blows ability improves. In addition to the standard single extra attack she gets from flurry of blows, she gets a second extra attack at her full base attack bonus.

Forsake Magic

In addition to avoiding the use of spellcasting, spell-like abilities, and magic items, the forsaker must also refuse any benefits from others' magic including magical healing. Thus, he must attempt a saving throw against any spell that allows one. For most beneficial spells, such as displacement or neutralize poison, a successful save negates the spell's effects; for a cure spell, it halves the benefit. Any forsaker who unwittingly uses a magic item or casts a spell (while under the influence of a charm person or dominate person spell, for example) loses all the special abilities of the prestige class for one week. A forsaker may step through a magic portal without penalty, and a forsaker may be raised from the dead without penalty.

Freedom of Movement

At 14th level, an ascetic can act as if continually under the effect of a freedom of movement spell.

Great Fortitude

You get a +2 bonus on all Fortitude saving throws.

Greater Sustanence

Once he attains 12th level, an ascetic character doesn't need to breathe

Improved Evasion

At 9th level, a monk’s evasion ability improves. She still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks, but henceforth she takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless monk does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.

Improved Natural Armor  (2 times)

AC bonus +1 per time you have this feat

Improved Natural Weapon

Choose one of the creature’s natural attack forms. The damage for this natural weapon increases by one step, as if the creature’s size had increased by one category

Improved Unarmed Strike

You are considered to be armed even when unarmed—that is, you do not provoke attacks or opportunity from armed opponents when you attack them while unarmed. However, you still get an attack of opportunity against any opponent who makes an unarmed attack on you.

In addition, your unarmed strikes can deal lethal or nonlethal damage, at your option.

Ki Strike

At 4th level, a monk’s unarmed attacks are empowered with ki. Her unarmed attacks are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of dealing damage to creatures with damage reduction. Ki strike improves with the character’s monk level. At 10th level, her unarmed attacks are also treated as lawful weapons for the purpose of dealing damage to creatures with damage reduction. At 16th level, her unarmed attacks are treated as adamantine weapons for the purpose of dealing damage to creatures with damage reduction and bypassing hardness.

Lightning Reflexes

You get a +2 bonus on all Reflex saving throws.

Mind Shielding

Also at 8th level, an ascetic character becomes immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to discern his alignment.

Natural Armor

At 8th level, an ascetic gains a +1 natural armor bonus, or his existing natural armor bonus increases by +1. It increases an extra +1 at 16th level.

Purity of Body

At 5th level, a monk gains immunity to all diseases except for supernatural and magical diseases.

Resistance

At 7th level, an ascetic gains a +1 resistance bonus on all saving throws. This bonus increases to +2 at 13th level, and to +3 at 17th level.

Sacred Vow

You gain a +2 perfection bonus on Diplomacy checks.

Slow Fall

At 4th level, a monk’s unarmed attacks are empowered with ki. Her unarmed attacks are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of dealing damage to creatures with damage reduction. Ki strike improves with the character’s monk level. At 10th level, her unarmed attacks are also treated as lawful weapons for the purpose of dealing damage to creatures with damage reduction. At 16th level, her unarmed attacks are treated as adamantine weapons for the purpose of dealing damage to creatures with damage reduction and bypassing hardness.

Spell Resistance

At 1st level, the forsaker gains spell resistance 10 + character level. This value increases by +1 for every level gained thereafter in any class, forsaker or otherwise, as long as he forsakes magic (see above). This ability remains in effect as long as the forsaker pays an appropriate amount of magic destruction points (see below). A forsaker can never forego spell resistance. This value stacks with any other applicable spell resistance he has.

Superior Unarmed Strike

If you are a monk, you instead deal unarmed damage as a monk four levels higher.

Sustenance

At 5th-level ascetic doesn't need to eat or drink.

Still Mind

A monk of 3rd level or higher gains a +2 bonus on saving throws against spells and effects from the school of enchantment.

Vow of Poverty

You gain bonuses to your Armor Class, ability scores, and saving throws, as well as bonus exalted feats, all depending on your character level.

Wholeness of Body

At 7th level or higher, a monk can heal her own wounds. She can heal a number of hit points of damage equal to twice her current monk level each day, and she can spread this healing out among several uses.

Still can get some Exalted feats...dont know wich one yet
Most of those aren't feats. Also, they take up a bunch of space, and are a pain to read.

So, can you post your feats?
Feats: Blind-Fight, Combat Reflexes, Great Fortitude, Improved Natural Armour, Improved Natural Weapon (x2), Improved Unarmed Strike, Lightning Reflexes, Sacred Vow, Superior Unarmed Strike, Vow of Poverty.

Hmm, that mostly looks like the Invisible Eye fighting style variant on the feats, but you seem to have one of your feats coming from nowhere, and you don't have Iron Will (one of the prerequisites for Forsaker).

Blind

Blind-Fight

Combat Reflexes

Evasion

Great Fortitude

Improved Unarmed Strike

Improved Natural Weapon

Improved Natural Armor  (2 times)

Improved Evasion

Lightning Reflexes

Sacred Vow

Vow of Poverty

Evasion and improved evasion aren't feats.  Is "Blind" a custom trait of some kind, or from some source other than Unearthed Arcana?  If it is the source of your Blind-Fight, that would mean it's not the Invisible Eye style.

It helps readers to understand your current build if you list what variants you're using (and their sources, if necessary).

I didn't pick a style....but flavorwise the invisible eye sounds like the one I'd pick... Blind is a homebrew Feat that the DM approved
That still leaves things unaccounted for, including the Iron Will prerequisite for the Forsaker, and feats that aren't normally monk bonus feats.  Perhaps it would be better if you listed the feats by the levels at which you took them, that way it will be easier to tell how you've ended up with the arrangement you've got.

Without counting bonus exalted feats (which you haven't picked yet) you should have one feat for your 1st, 3rd, 6th, 9th, and 12th character levels, plus one monk bonus feat for your 1st, 2nd, and 6th levels of monk (in addition to Improved Unarmed Strike), and one additional bonus feat if you're human.  That's a total of either 9 or 10 feats, and you've listed 11 (counting Blind/Blind-Fight as one feat).

well as a monk with vow of poverty you need some help of a friend and want that someone use 5 wish in a raw and ask "i need that my friend be more Str".

now in the standard, the vow of poverty cover the standard treasure value, if your campaing have more or lower values then your vow of poverty need be improved or debuff for your DM to match with the standard of the adventure settings.

Whit this character you gain a lot of good traits, many are EX and not are affected for antimagic field, then is a good character, this are my feat recomendation for a human monk 12/ Forserker 5

Stats (Standard Array)
Show

Str 12/+1
Dex 14/+2 (16/+ 3) (+2 Vow)
Con 13/+1 (17/+3) (+4 Vow)
Int 10/+0
Wis 15/+2 (30/+10) (+5 PrC) (+6 Vow) (+4 Lv)
Cha 8/-1

Feats

Class Features
Show

Bonus Speed +40 fts
Bonus AC +2
flurry of blows
unarmed strike (2d6)    
evasion
Still mind    
Ki strike (magic)
slow fall 70 ft.
Purity of body
Wholeness of body
Improved evasion
Ki strike, (lawful)
Diamond body
greater flurry
Abundant step
Fast Healing 2
Ability Bonus +5 (wis)
DR 3/-
Fast Movement +10 Fts
Thoug Defense
Forsake Magic
Spell Resistan 15

Exalted Features
Show

Endure Elements (Ex)
Exalted Strike +4 (Su)
Sustanance (Ex)
Deflection +2 (Su)
Resistance +3 (Ex)
Ability Score enhancement (+6 wis/+4 Con/+2 Dex) (Ex)
Natural Armor +2 (Ex)
Mind Shilding (Ex)
DR 5/ Evil (Su)
Greater Sustanance (Ex)
Energy Resistance 5 to Acid, Fire, Cold, Electricity and Sonic (Ex)
Freedom of Movement (Ex)
Regeneration (Ex)

Skills [Ranks+Stats+Misc]
Show

Listen/Spot 32 = 20+10+2
Escape Artist 23 = 20+3
Sense Motive 30 = 20+10
Tumble 25 = 20+3+2
Balance 23 = 20+3
Climb 7 = 6+1
Swim 7 = 6+1
Jump 7 = 5+1

Or use Hide and Move Silently instead of Climb, Swim, Jump and Balance

Combat
Show

Speed 80 Fts
Initiative +3
Hp 151
AC 42 =10 (Base) +10 (Wis) + 9 (Armor) + 2 (Dodge) + 6 (Nat) + 3 (Dex) +2 (Deflection)
Touch = 27
FF = 37
BA = +14
Grapple = +15
Attack: Unarmed Strike + 28 (3d8+5) 20X2
Full Attack: Unarmed Strike +28/+23/+18 (3d8+5) 20X2 or Flurry of Blow +28/+28/+28/+23/+18 (3d8+5) 20X2
Saves[Base,Stats,Feats,Resistan]
(Improved Evasion, Still Mind, Vow of Purity, Purity of Body, Mind Shielding, Vow of Abstinence, Gift of Faith)
Fort +16 = 9+4+0+3
Ref +17 = 9+3+2+3
Will +27 = 12+10+2+3

This helps alot!. but the nymph's kiss...don't i needa fey along somehow?
^^

Good luck convincing him of that - we tried for months!
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
When she meets CJ's mom?
Oma thinks that meeting a fey once qualifies as "maintaining a relationship" with it...

I wish our monk player would take the vow. Instead he gives his stuff away and refuses to use magic items, and won't gain the benefits from the vow. Because "Monk is already broken enough"...

I don't think he has contributed to a single combat in 10 levels. (actually he tripped something once)

"In a way, you are worse than Krusk"

"Can't say enough how much I agree with Krusk"

"Your advice is the worst"

This helps alot!. but the nymph's kiss...don't i needa fey along somehow?

Under the rules Nymph's Kiss dont have any prerequisit.
Under the rules You don't loss a feat unless you dont cover the prerequisit.
Under the Exalted Feat Rules you gain the feat as a gift

If you was maintaining an intimate relationship with a good-aligned fey like the killoren, you gain some of the characteristics of fey forever (if you waste the feat and you remain exalted).