CrossWinds Rage Quitting?

28 posts / 0 new
Last post
So on the ps3 I've  loved the new Black/Blue deck Rogue's Gallery... BUT

Most players that use the Crosswinds rage quit because I use an extract and take their   Mirror so they yell at me and log out.

I think Cross Winds can win easilly without the mirror if played right, I mean isn't it key for you not to be so dependant on one card? 
Wow, that's incredible. The Mirror is nowhere near the core of the deck, it's just an OP card that lets you win the game if it sticks; honestly, most of my CW wins are through either Talrand's Invocation or Rite of Replication rather than the Mirror.
Even without the mirror that deck has several ways to go infinite. The only reason for me to keep it in is cheaper kicked replicate.
Indeed. Twincast, Archaeomancer (even with Disperse & Repulse), Call to Mind, I've had 3-4 Time Warp in a row without ever seeing a Panoptic Mirror. And don't even start me on Future Sight. I love that card.

BTW, is it just me or does it seem that the cheap kicked version is a bit of a cheat? I just realized that fairly recently and it just feels wrong to me.
Define ''rage quit'' please.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Define ''rage quit'' please.

That would be this part in the OP:

Most players that use the Crosswinds rage quit because I use an extract and take their   Mirror so they yell at me and log out.

"Most players" though? Gotta be hyperbole...
I bet it's more like 90%

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

I bet it's more like 90%

What like, 90% of 4 people?
I bet it's more like 90%

What like, 90% of 4 people?

I agree with you! Most likley to happen to him in a few games so now he thinks "everyone" is rage quiting. LOL
Holy crap! Kraven and I agreeing on something.
Suddenly overcome with a feeling of dread.

Show

does the game show what's been exiled now?

I cast extract on an opponent, and out of curtesy, I wrote in chat what I had picked. The reply was: yes, it showed me.

So I haven't exactly seen it, but hearsay suggests it does.
I don't run with the mirror, it's more hassle than what's it worth. Using it to with timewarp is just...too cheap.

blatent thievery is usually when people quit/concede with me. Take 2 lands, then next turn kick rite.  

does the game show what's been exiled now?

It should flash you the card the same as it does if you have the blue card that mills for 7 when you have it in your starting hand.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

Lol ppl quit of 1 card removed? Lol, you could remove the time warps and bribery as well and CW would still > this deck
what is you dudes general opinion of extract I just took it out seems like a waste for me to play a card only to remove 1 card that they might never draw anyways.  I don't think it should show which was exiled cause it doesn't say reveal the card like alot of other cards do but i'm no rule expert...

About this topic I have noticed this trend in general as well.  In 2hg the dudes that pick talrand all the time are more likely to be the type of scoreboard chaser dudes who bail on their teamate at the first sign of something not going there way.

Then the ai takes over draws 2 timewarps in a row and we're dead!!
Neo, in paper magic the exile zone is a public zone. Even though it doesn't say reveal on the card your opponent is going to see the card you exiled. In DotP there is no exile zone to look at so its only fair to reveal it.

And yes extract is a **** card for the reasons u described. Its a 1 for 1 for a card they might not see. However; it has its uses. It allows you to see what type of deck your up against on turn 1 which destroys the "give as little info to your opponent as possible" rule. It is good in Meta games where you know certain decks will only be running 1 of an important card for their deck. Usually those decks have ways to tutor for that one card though so that throws the whole "they'll probably never see it" out the window. In this format its really only good against 2 decks that I can think of off the top of my head, CW and MM.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

well i just played a 2hg game where my teamate used jesters cap on MM and it didn't show me what was exiled.  Not sure if it showed the MM player though...

I was happy when my teamate said don't worry he aint got no islands now though
Would like to clarify that cards such as Extract and Jester's Cap only reveal the cards being removed to the player who has been targeted, nobody else sees for some reason, not even the caster or the "targetee's" teammate.
Would like to clarify that cards such as Extract and Jester's Cap only reveal the cards being removed to the player who has been targeted, nobody else sees for some reason, not even the caster or the "targetee's" teammate.

I think the same is true for ghastlord of fugue.  In 2hg I have to tell my partner what I exiled, but then again I tell my partner every card the opponent has left in his hand as well! LOL, I love that card!
When dj_btrue enters the forum exile all bad attitudes.

I think the same is true for ghastlord of fugue.  In 2hg I have to tell my partner what I exiled, but then again I tell my partner every card the opponent has left in his hand as well! LOL, I love that card!

I think it's the Ghastlord, it might be some other card though, as my teammate rarely plays RG, but I distinctly remember the game showing me every card in the opponents hand in a similar way that it shows you what the opponent tutors with Conflux, it just flashes them around in a circle as they go back into the opponents hand.  I could be wrong, but I swear the game's shown me this before.

You're a lose cannon.

I get very annoyed when playing 2HG and they are playing CorsssWinds and Mindstorms. Then you have slow ass players keep copying time warp, getting back from the grave yard, etc. I don't mind the extra turns but you have people who take their sweet time. At this point I could play two or three more games in the time it would take to suffer through this one. It would nice to have an option of concede and restart match.
I get very annoyed when playing 2HG and they are playing CorsssWinds and Mindstorms. Then you have slow ass players keep copying time warp, getting back from the grave yard, etc. I don't mind the extra turns but you have people who take their sweet time. At this point I could play two or three more games in the time it would take to suffer through this one. It would nice to have an option of concede and restart match.

No, if they're taking their sweet time, wasting time, whatever you wanna call it, I don't want to play with those guys again.  Be efficent or GTFO.  In the scenario you describe, I'd just leave and play another game.  They're recurring Time Warp anyways, they should be able to win regardless.

You're a lose cannon.

Yea its wierd seems like sometimes it shows me what teamate exiles and other times it doesn't haven't nailed it down yet but i'm thinking 'maybe' it has something to do with who is hosting?? haha but really have no idea..

although the card your thinking of sixty was probably mire's toll??o wait now that i think about it i remember seeing the opponents hand when fudge attacked but yea couldn't tell what teamate exiled...

For further confusion when opponent used extract on my lilliana my teamate said there goes your wurm like he did see what was exiled...or was it a good guess? who knows.... 

I think it's the Ghastlord, it might be some other card though, as my teammate rarely plays RG, but I distinctly remember the game showing me every card in the opponents hand in a similar way that it shows you what the opponent tutors with Conflux, it just flashes them around in a circle as they go back into the opponents hand.  I could be wrong, but I swear the game's shown me this before.

I'm pretty sure Castigate shows everybody the hand and what was exiled.

I'm pretty sure Castigate shows everybody the hand and what was exiled.

Someone played it last night and it showed me the 4 cards in hand, but not what was exiled.

You're a lose cannon.

I think that wad me hitting poison.
Horrible decision.
He had nothing worth exile.
:-p

Show