Building Construction Costs, and Hirelings?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello all, 

I recently began running 4th edition again, and this group has chosen to be really focused on rebuilding the capital city of the kingdom with their own funds, creating a tax base and basically becoming prominent nobility in my setting.  I am enjoying it a lot, but sadly I haven't been able to find any suggested costs for hiring a police force, construction costs for a building and stuff like that so am I going to have to hack on the Arms & Equipment guide of 3.5 or is there a 4th edition book that would serve me better?
There's some stuff in Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium about hirleings and buildings, and there are various unofficial resources.  But my best advice would be to role play it.  Don't make this part of the treasure treadmill, make it something the characters do.  Don't be anal about exactly how much gold it costs, because the economy of D&D in general is horrendously broken if even so much as scratch the surface.

Just do it, don't sweat the detail.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
The Mordenkainen’s Magnificent Emporium has an appendix on Hireling and Henchmen.

The Strongholds Unearthed Arcana article in Dragon Manazine 395 has info for building and maintaining strongholds in your campaigns.
The Mordenkainen’s Magnificent Emporium has an appendix on Hireling and Henchmen.

The Strongholds Unearthed Arcana article in Dragon Manazine 395 has info for building and maintaining strongholds in your campaigns.

Thank you all for the help.  
Sign In to post comments