[DGM-MCD] Guildgate Cycle

78 posts / 0 new
Last post
Guildgates confirmed for reprints in Dragon's Maze. Will be included in packs in place of basic lands. Speculation that they'll each receive new artwork seems possible, though I personally hope they keep their hidden message flavor text.

Having all ten in one set though. Jeeze. Wizards is playing with fire. Expect at least one standard banning.


www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.a...
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
I don't see how having all 10 guildgates in DGM means anything will get banned
Why would they be banned in standard? Angel's Mercy wasn't banned when it was in M12, AVR and M13 at the same time so I don't see why this would be relevant.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
Sarcasm, sorry.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
And there goes 6,4% of DGM's space. =/
Not sure why this is necessary for a small expansion, but I guess we can expect more gate-matters mechanics now.
If I recall correctly, Dragon's Maze has an additional 11 cards in it. Presumably these are the guildgates and the mythic land that was said to exist.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Wait, so we will have each of the Guildgates appear twice in this block? Have they done anything like this before? Printing a card twice or more times in the same block?
I hope this means the guild theme gets plenty of support next set. Because it has barely any support and it seems odd that it's going to just be a really mediocre limited mechanic.
No, they haven't done this before; well, at least they did for basic lands. I seem to recall reprinting basic lands in zen, then in worldwake. I think the basic lands in LOR/SHA dont count. 

anyway, I believe they're reprinting these to make a flavor standpoint. I speculate new flavor texts on these DGM guildgates, and a new hidden message. 
Eh.
No, they haven't done this before; well, at least they did for basic lands. I seem to recall reprinting basic lands in zen, then in worldwake. I think the basic lands in LOR/SHA dont count. 

anyway, I believe they're reprinting these to make a flavor standpoint. I speculate new flavor texts on these DGM guildgates, and a new hidden message. 



Actually its for limited purposes.  Without the extra printing of guild-gates, this block would be absolutely horrid to draft, particularly once block draft starts.  Given that it will be one pack each, it's entirely likely that many people will be forced into three, or possibly even four, color.  This alleviates that problem quite a bit.

Also, due to the fact that the guildgates will take up the Land spot, it won't take out anthing else from the booster in the common slot.  And as someone pointed out, there are 11 more cards in the set than normal, so they don't take up any actual printing slots. 

But that said, it's pretty much straight up meant for Limited play, which would be incredibly difficult withouth it.

You guys missed something pretty damned important:

THIS INCLUDES SHOCKLANDS. SHOCKLANDS WILL BE REPLACING THE BASIC LAND SLOT IN PACKS.

SELL YOUR SHOCKLANDS NAAAAAOOOOOWWWWW BEFORE THEY GO TO 5 A PIECE. 

(at)MrEnglish22


You guys missed something pretty damned important:

THIS INCLUDES SHOCKLANDS. SHOCKLANDS WILL BE REPLACING THE BASIC LAND SLOT IN PACKS.

SELL YOUR SHOCKLANDS NAAAAAOOOOOWWWWW BEFORE THEY GO TO 5 A PIECE. 


You missed the part where the colum wirter said: They'll show up at rates about like their original rarity
I play for fun

You guys missed something pretty damned important:

THIS INCLUDES SHOCKLANDS. SHOCKLANDS WILL BE REPLACING THE BASIC LAND SLOT IN PACKS.

SELL YOUR SHOCKLANDS NAAAAAOOOOOWWWWW BEFORE THEY GO TO 5 A PIECE. 


You missed the part where the colum wirter said: They'll show up at rates about like their original rarity



Well they were in big sets before, this is a small set. Rates like original rarity in a small set means they have to show up less often than a regular small set rare shows up. At least thats how I take that as.

(at)MrEnglish22

I can't believe we can pull three rates per pack again.


I can't believe it's not butter.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Sarcasm, sorry.



Yeah, being sarcastic on the internet is a bad idea. Everyone will think you're sincere.

I'm sarcastic and condescending IRL, and people think I'm sincere.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
So where is the article with all of this info?

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

So where is the article with all of this info?



My apologies.  http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/arcana/1156
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
I hope they get a new flavortext with another message
maybe even new art
proud member of the 2011 community team
Like "the guilds of ravnica actually wont destroy eachother"?
http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20802.jpg
If they are printing instead of repacking (which is what the DGM symbol implies), they better have completely new art and flavor text, or else its a dumb waste of resources...
I play for fun
Maybe it'll have a message about what's at the center of the maze.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
If they are printing instead of repacking (which is what the DGM symbol implies), they better have completely new art and flavor text, or else its a dumb waste of resources...


Said no one who plays limited ever.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
If they are printing instead of repacking (which is what the DGM symbol implies), they better have completely new art and flavor text, or else its a dumb waste of resources...


Said no one who plays limited ever.



I don't think it'd be dumb if they were the same art and flavor text, but I'd prefer it to be new.

This is just a weird situation because there's no precedent.  We know cards reprinted in Core sets don't get new art.  We know cards in Expert level expansions do.  But we haven't had a card reprinted twice in the same block like this, much less a cycle of ten.   
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
in the next set i would like to see a colorless gate and maybe a legendary gate land 
If they are printing instead of repacking (which is what the DGM symbol implies), they better have completely new art and flavor text, or else its a dumb waste of resources...


Said no one who plays limited ever.



I don't think it'd be dumb if they were the same art and flavor text, but I'd prefer it to be new.

This is just a weird situation because there's no precedent.  We know cards reprinted in Core sets don't get new art.  We know cards in Expert level expansions do.  But we haven't had a card reprinted twice in the same block like this, much less a cycle of ten.   


Indeed, I'm not saying new art/flavor text wouldn't be baller, just calling the reprints a "waste of resources" is pretty ign'ant. Though I'd bank on them being new as a sort of before/after thing like they did with the basic lands in Scars.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Guildless Guildgate

Basic Land - Gate

: Add to your mana pool.

"Guilds? Aw, yeah, totally hate those guys. Buncha jerks, amirite?" - Lobzod the Uncommitted to Obeza, Freemage
Rules Adviser, casual tournament organizer, lover of EDH and MtG evangelist.
I was pondering such a thing myself. A Gate that taps for colorless mana and thus likely wouldn't enter the battlefield tapped, comparable to Blasted Landscape versus the other five cycle lands of Urza's Saga, unless said land tapped for making it the land equivalent of Sol Ring. The mythic land could well be a colorless Gate though it's just as likely to be the Dragon's Maze after which the set is named. The mythic in question very likely has to do with all five colors.

An Amulet of Vigor reprint for DGM would be quite handy as support for the Gates and a nice counter to Blind Obedience.

What I meant with dumb waste is that the way printing works, it REALLY IS a waste of money to reprint cards just because of a small symbol, and wotc know that well, as its the reason why we get RTR basic lands in our GTC booster.

Im just saying I strongly believe the gates will get new art and flavor text for the sake of awesomeness.
I play for fun
It could be functional reprints of the first ten gates with new art & names.
So I can run a deck with 80 gates!!?!
I was pondering such a thing myself. A Gate that taps for colorless mana and thus likely wouldn't enter the battlefield tapped, comparable to Blasted Landscape versus the other five cycle lands of Urza's Saga, unless said land tapped for making it the land equivalent of Sol Ring.



How about a land that taps for , but enters play tapped unless you control another Gate?


So I can run a deck with 80 gates!!?!


lol. Well, if they have new names as well, yes.
I play for fun
Am I the only one worried about how absolutely expensive a mythic rare land is going to be if it's half decent? Unless it's really niche like Eye of Ugin it's going to be painful to the wallet. Hopefully it's legendary so people will sell/not buy multiple copies.
Am I the only one worried about how absolutely expensive a mythic rare land is going to be if it's half decent? Unless it's really niche like Eye of Ugin it's going to be painful to the wallet. Hopefully it's legendary so people will sell/not buy multiple copies.



This has crossed my mind, yes, but I'm not going to worry too much about it until we know more about it.  Realistically, we get a good half dozen of jank mythics per set minimum anyway, and this could very well fall into that category.  I'm much more excited so far to pull all ten shocks from DGM packs.  Clearly going to be the money set of the block.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
I was pondering such a thing myself. A Gate that taps for colorless mana and thus likely wouldn't enter the battlefield tapped, comparable to Blasted Landscape versus the other five cycle lands of Urza's Saga, unless said land tapped for making it the land equivalent of Sol Ring. The mythic land could well be a colorless Gate though it's just as likely to be the Dragon's Maze after which the set is named. The mythic in question very likely has to do with all five colors.



The Maze isn't really a place, I'm not sure it could be a card.  
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
I was pondering such a thing myself. A Gate that taps for colorless mana and thus likely wouldn't enter the battlefield tapped, comparable to Blasted Landscape versus the other five cycle lands of Urza's Saga, unless said land tapped for making it the land equivalent of Sol Ring. The mythic land could well be a colorless Gate though it's just as likely to be the Dragon's Maze after which the set is named. The mythic in question very likely has to do with all five colors.



The Maze isn't really a place, I'm not sure it could be a card.  



What is the flavor of this "Maze"?
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" class="mceContentBody " contenteditable="true" />What is the flavor of this "Maze"?



“Is the maze itself a phantom? Or is one as real as the other? Perhaps I am as mad as the dragon.”
-Jace Beleren, journal


The flavor text of Leyline Phantom. It seems the maze might be more of a maze of the mind than an actual physical place.
What I meant with dumb waste is that the way printing works, it REALLY IS a waste of money to reprint cards just because of a small symbol, and wotc know that well, as its the reason why we get RTR basic lands in our GTC booster.

Im just saying I strongly believe the gates will get new art and flavor text for the sake of awesomeness.



I'm kind of inclined to agree here, as much as I would want to think that they'd rather just take the hit of reprinting new cards with new symbols instead of paying artists more to make more pictures.

The reason I agree is because in this article, WotC previews 5 art pieces by Richard Wright, all of which look to be guild-themed lands, and none of which have been used on cards yet.  In my opinion, they're some of the best pieces of art in that article, and I'd be stunned if they decided not to use those on any cards.

Here are the pieces I mentioned.  This is pure speculation however -- I have no idea whether these pieces of art were designed strictly for web usage, or whatever.:
Show

SIMIC


DIMIR


BOROS


ORZHOV


GRUUL


According to the e-book, the Implicit Maze is a set of encoded clues that may or may no involve leylines and leads to a ... thing(weapon?) allegedly hidden by one of the Paruns before the Guildpact.  
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" class="mceContentBody " contenteditable="true" />What is the flavor of this "Maze"?



“Is the maze itself a phantom? Or is one as real as the other? Perhaps I am as mad as the dragon.”
-Jace Beleren, journal


The flavor text of Leyline Phantom. It seems the maze might be more of a maze of the mind than an actual physical place.



Then I'll assume it's like the Q Continuum (to find a suitably secular example), a mental realm that changes to fit the individual's understanding.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" class="mceContentBody " contenteditable="true" />What is the flavor of this "Maze"?



“Is the maze itself a phantom? Or is one as real as the other? Perhaps I am as mad as the dragon.”
-Jace Beleren, journal


The flavor text of Leyline Phantom. It seems the maze might be more of a maze of the mind than an actual physical place.



Then I'll assume it's like the Q Continuum (to find a suitably secular example), a mental realm that changes to fit the individual's understanding.



This is exactly how I picture it.
Though sometimes I like to think of it more literally like Maze of ith's original art :P