I have an idea how the problem of reserved list and DUALS could be resolved.
If WoTC will reprint duals in unlimited print (new art etc) and sell them only directly
BUT ensuring that 100% of the sell will donate any well known uncontroversial charity organisation
Duals should be sold at 10-50$ price.
Why to do this:
- 1.WoTC will choose “lesser evil” breaking reserved list promise but only for making big voluntary support to charity from MTG community.
(nobody will be forced to support charity ->still there are “old prints” available on the second market)
- WoTC will help MANY people who wants to play them on Legacy/EDH etc.
- Making “new art” You will keep old prints still valuable.
- Traders and duals owners maybe will lost a little on the dual value, but, they will get more from other cards as the format would be more popular,
And there will be new player base which is much more valuable for the market than few bucks.
- Unlimited print should avoid future speculation as price would be fixed and no matter how much duals will be sold, You can still print new print.
- Great voice to the world that MTG players are not only “cash focused” community, but they can UNITE also to do IMPORTANT support for the REAL WORLD,
Not losing an opportunity to invest in singles
- Supporting eternal formats will only support sell of actual expansions as people don’t feel that rotation make their investments lost.
Please discuss this idea and write any alternatives/modifications to make this project reasonable and interest WotC with it.