Pre-release Sealed Question

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I find it's fairly common that during pre-release events, people like to build multiple decks since all the cards you opened from your boosters are your side board. I know during constructed games, your sideboard is 15 cards, and you can't reduce the size of your deck, so if your deck is 65 cards, you can't take out 5 cards between games and end up with a 60 card deck.

My question is, is it the same for sealed events? If I build 2 decks, and one is 45 cards, am I allowed to swap in a 40 card deck, or does the second deck also have to be 45?
So I find it's fairly common that during pre-release events, people like to build multiple decks since all the cards you opened from your boosters are your side board. I know during constructed games, your sideboard is 15 cards, and you can't reduce the size of your deck, so if your deck is 65 cards, you can't take out 5 cards between games and end up with a 60 card deck.

My question is, is it the same for sealed events? If I build 2 decks, and one is 45 cards, am I allowed to swap in a 40 card deck, or does the second deck also have to be 45?

In limited events without decklist registration, such as prereleases, as long are you're only using cards you opened and basic lands, every change to your deck is fine, between games and between matches. The number of cards in your deck doesn't have to remain the same.

Magic The Gathering DCI Lvl 1 Judge Don't hesitate to post rules question in the Rules Q&A forum for me and other competent advisors to answer : http://community.wizards.com/go/forum/view/75842/134778/Rules_Q38A
and in events with decklist you can still change decks within a match, you just have to use your registered deck in the first game of each match

in limited you don't have to sideboard 1:1, and you can add as many basic lands as you need, so you can totally transform your deck, including deck size
proud member of the 2011 community team
Oh ok thanks for clearing that up guys.
Sign In to post comments