Master Biomancer copies

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
if i use rite of replication, kicked, on Master Biomancer, am i correct in assuming they all just come in with 2 counters on them?
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Correct.  All the tokens are entering the battlefield at the same time, so they'll all enter with two +1/+1 counters on them, since the Master Biomancer already on the battlefield has 2 power.
thank you very much sir
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Do multiple Master Bimancer's stack?  If there are two in play, will new creatures get +4/+4?
Do multiple Master Bimancer's stack?  If there are two in play, will new creatures get +4/+4?

Each Biomancer's ability applies separately. If you have two, Master Biomancer #1 will give the creature two +1/+1 counters and Master Biomancer #2 will give it two counters, for a total of 4 counters.

(well, most likely the first Biomancer to enter already gave two counters to the second one, so it would go 6 counters total to new creature, but I'm assuming both are somehow still 2/4)

[<o>]
...and your creatures will be Mutant twice, which changes absolutely nothing from being Mutant once, but still!

...and your creatures will be Mutant twice, which changes absolutely nothing from being Mutant once, but still!

I don't think you can actually have redundant types. Is every changeling a Shapeshifter twice?
Rules Advisor
There's no such concept as instances of a subtype. Something either has a certain subtype, or it doesn't. It isn't meaningful to say that something is a Mutant twice, even just as trivia.
Ah! that makes sense. Objects can have redundant abilities, like having Deathtouch twice, but can only be, or not be, of any one type (or color).

Sign In to post comments