Concerning the hybrids.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello there. I wanted to start off by saying I am very new to the MTG community and have recently started collecting. Already have a decent collection if I do say so myself. Anyhow! With the addition of some white/green hybrids to my deck, I am wondering what can stand in their way. So the question:

If my opponent uses a spell that blocks one color (white for example), will my hybrid (white/green) be blocked as well?

Thank you for your time Magic veterans.
A card with a hybrid mana symbols is considered to be all of the colors shown in that hybrid symbol.

So, a card like Dryad Militant is white and green.  This means it is also a multicolored card.

Also, "blocks a color" is pretty vague.  Do you mean an effect like Iona, Shield of Emeria which prevents spells of a certain color from being cast?  Or, something like protection from [color]?

In either case, naming white will affect a hybrid card that is white/[some other color]. 
Hello there. I wanted to start off by saying I am very new to the MTG community and have recently started collecting. Already have a decent collection if I do say so myself. Anyhow! With the addition of some white/green hybrids to my deck, I am wondering what can stand in their way. So the question:

If my opponent uses a spell that blocks one color (white for example), will my hybrid (white/green) be blocked as well?

Thank you for your time Magic veterans.

A hybrid is all the colors in the mana cost.  So a card with white/green is both white and green.  You won't be able to, for example, target a creature with protection from white.

Oh I see. Thank you! It's a small chink in my deck's armor but in all honestly I'm not expecting to create some immortal deck.
Sign In to post comments