Conjured Currency

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi everyone,
                  If I play Conjured Currency than use it. Can I destory/ exile Conjured Currency while its on the opponents side of the field to completely take over my opponent's card?
Hi everyone,
                  If I play Conjured Currency than use it. Can I destory/ exile Conjured Currency while its on the opponents side of the field to completely take over my opponent's card?

No.  If the two cards can't be exchanged, then the exchange doesn't happen. 

Yes, as long as the exchange has gone through that will work. Just don't try to do it while the exchange ability is on the stack.
Keep in mind that your opponent can't take his permanent back with Conjured Currency since it specifies "target permanent you neither own nor control."
Rules Advisor
Yes, as long as the exchange has gone through that will work. Just don't try to do it while the exchange ability is on the stack.

So, if I destory Conjured Currency ,after the exchange has happened, the card I recieved will be my to control because the card has no text about the exchange if the card is taken from the battlefield? Correct?
correct
proud member of the 2011 community team
Keep in mind that your opponent can't take his permanent back with Conjured Currency since it specifies "target permanent you neither own nor control."

Conjured Currency says to exchange the control of the two cards, so wouldn't the opponent be able to choose a card I took from him during his turn because the card is not his anymore?

Conjured Currency says to exchange the control of the two cards, so wouldn't the opponent be able to choose a card I took from him during his turn because the card is not his anymore?

No.  You control it, but he still owns it, so it is not a legal target for the ability.  He could get it back with Brand, for example.

he still owns it, even if he doesn't control it

only Ante cards can change ownership of cards, and they are banned in all formats
proud member of the 2011 community team
Thank you all for your input and anwering my questions!!!! Laughing
Sign In to post comments