Two Infinite Reflections

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Infinite Reflection

5/1/2012If you control more than one Infinite Reflection, you can apply those copy effects in any order. Creatures you control will enter the battlefield as a copy of the one whose copy effect you apply last.

Just so I have this correct.  Creature A on my side has IR on it already. I then put an IR on Creature B, making creature A a copy of B.  If I cast Creature C from my hand to the battlefield, do I get to chose which Creature (A or B) I want C to be a copy of? If so, then I am not really copying creatures, but the cards themselves right?
Infinite Reflection

5/1/2012If you control more than one Infinite Reflection, you can apply those copy effects in any order. Creatures you control will enter the battlefield as a copy of the one whose copy effect you apply last.

Just so I have this correct.  Creature A on my side has IR on it already. I then put an IR on Creature B, making creature A a copy of B.  If I cast Creature C from my hand to the battlefield, do I get to chose which Creature (A or B) I want C to be a copy of? If so, then I am not really copying creatures, but the cards themselves right?

I think everything will enter as a copy of B.  You can choose which Reflection to apply, but copy effects take into account other copy effects, so no matter which one you apply, you're getting a copy of B.

But, that ruling is not very old, so maybe someone will explain what I'm missing.

in that case it doesn't really matter, since A is a copy of B, so both copy effects are the same

but if the creatures are actually different you could choose which one a new creature copies
proud member of the 2011 community team
for the scenario in the ruling, imagine the two IR's attached to token creatures or on creatures controlled by an opponent

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Sign In to post comments