My love for the advantage/disadvantage system has just doubled!

Also great for those 3.5 critical hit confirm rolls
and rolling a D100 
Try radiance RPG. A complete D20 game that supports fantasy and steampunk. Download the FREE PDF here: http://www.radiancerpg.com
Oh gosh, I love those things. I had two, gave one away, and the other one broke, but now I really want a few double d20s.
what are these things?
what are these things?

It's a dice inside a dice!

They look really neat, but the site doesn't seem to have ordering instructions.  Also, if I'm reading it right, it doesn't allow you to order less than 10 of each style.

Edit: Yah, on the main site page it says to contact your FLGS to order, they're not set up for public sale.  Well darn.

"Lightning...it flashes bright, then fades away.  It can't protect, it can only destroy."

thats the strangest thing I've ever heard.   What's next a dragon inside of a demon?
thats the strangest thing I've ever heard.   What's next a dragon inside of a demon?

If the dragon plays his cards right, he could be.
Its the turducken of dice.
The outer dice look awfully fragile. And I'm not sure how one would stabilize the inner die reliably, especially during the most excitable parts of the game (my fellow players tend to pick the die up to confirm their roll to some of our more visibly challenged DMs).

Indeed. Wasn't their some dragon in a D&D story that had a Balor for a heart, or something?

The outer dice look awfully fragile. And I'm not sure how one would stabilize the inner die reliably, especially during the most excitable parts of the game (my fellow players tend to pick the die up to confirm their roll to some of our more visibly challenged DMs).

Indeed. Wasn't their some dragon in a D&D story that had a Balor for a heart, or something?

The Draconomicon in 3.5 had a draconic prestige class that involves a ritual where half of the dragon's heart is cut out and half of the heart of a powerful demon is grafted into their body.
what are these things?

It's a dice inside a dice!

They look really neat, but the site doesn't seem to have ordering instructions.  Also, if I'm reading it right, it doesn't allow you to order less than 10 of each style.

Edit: Yah, on the main site page it says to contact your FLGS to order, they're not set up for public sale.  Well darn.

I bought some, individually,  months ago for my players; I bought them through Paizo's Web site though.

We've been using them for months without any fragility problems.

I tend to force a reroll if they can't remember to either let it sit or roll where I can read both dice; they'll learn eventually (it usually only takes one missed crit, or one result that is changed from success to failure, because of the reroll).

I bought some, individually,  months ago for my players; I bought them through Paizo's Web site though.

Oh, thanks lawrence!  I haven't browsed through their site in some time, I should do that.  I definitely need the d20-in-a-d20 for me 'confirming critical misses/fumble' rule (double 1's).

"Lightning...it flashes bright, then fades away.  It can't protect, it can only destroy."

I have Double-d20s, Double-d10s, Double-d6s, and a set of Battle Dice ("The RPG Battle [Dice] Set is a collection of six 20-sided double dice with different dice inside: one each of 4-sided, 6-sided, 8-sided, 10-sided, 12-sided, and 20-sided.")

EDIT: They're awesome!

I use the Battle Dice to roll attack and damage simultaneously.

When first playing the D&DNext playtest, I accidentally gave a couple of my players some overpowered magic weapons (A +5 battle axe and a +4 hand/throwing axe) because of the way the monster stats were written out (battle axe +5 | hand axe +4). Once I realized that the +5 and +4 were just attack bonuses for the monsters (not the weapons), I compromised with those players, making their weapons "Advantage" weapons; they get Advantage when attacking with those weapons (not to damage though).

I then gave each of my players a Double-d20 for an early Christmas present. Needless to say, the two with those axes get a lot of use out of their Double-d20s.

Oh, thanks lawrence!  I haven't browsed through their site in some time, I should do that.  I definitely need the d20-in-a-d20 for me 'confirming critical misses/fumble' rule (double 1's).

Here is the link to Koplow's specialty dice at Paizo's Web site; the "double" dice are less than $1 each.

I tend to force a reroll if they can't remember to either let it sit or roll where I can read both dice; they'll learn eventually (it usually only takes one missed crit, or one result that is changed from success to failure, because of the reroll).

Have you had cases where the dice were stepped on, thrown violently, or generally mistreated or not cared for properly (such as winding up in the mouth of a cat)? Stuff like that happens infrequently with my group, but enough to be a concern. Actually, if your dice were put into any precarious situations and survived intact I'd enjoy hearing about it.

Have you had cases where the dice were stepped on, thrown violently, or generally mistreated or not cared for properly (such as winding up in the mouth of a cat)? Stuff like that happens infrequently with my group, but enough to be a concern. Actually, if your dice were put into any precarious situations and survived intact I'd enjoy hearing about it.

I can't recall any of them being actually stepped on (with full weight application); but they have been rolled enthusiatically (careening off of glasses, ending up on the floor, being kicked back towards the owner, etc.).

I very much doubt that the average person could squeeze the die to the point of cracking or breaking. Maybe I will challenge my players with this and let you know.

I can't recall any of them being actually stepped on (with full weight application); but they have been rolled enthusiatically (careening off of glasses, ending up on the floor, being kicked back towards the owner, etc.).

I very much doubt that the average person could squeeze the die to the point of cracking or breaking. Maybe I will challenge my players with this and let you know.

If I were to try, I'd start with leather fingerless weightlifting or bicycle gloves and the D12.
A d12 squeezing contest. Gotta love these boards.