Shunleno Prelease card pool.

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Went gruul, splashed alittle U though I probably should have splashed alittle more U, went 2-3. This was only my 2nd Prelease[1st being RtR] and  Sealed play.
I lost games mainly due to getting land screwed[trapped at 3 land.], and except for 1 game that was really close against Naya[picked gruul and pull good boros cards such as Shock trooper, the battlion double striker]

The sealed deck:
Creatures 13 
1x Cloudfin Raptor
 1x Shambleshark
1x Borborygmos Enraged
1x Ruination Wurm
 1x Zhur-Taa Swine
1x Scorchwalker
1x Rubblehulk promo
1x Scab-Clan Charger
1x Crowned Ceratok
1x Viashino Shanktail
2x Disciple of the old ways
1x Skinbrand Goblin

Sorcery: 7
1x Act of Treason 
1x Miming Slime
3x Mugging
1x Ground Assault
1x Pit Fight

Artifact 2
2x Gruul Keyrune

Enchantment: 1
1x Madcap Skills

Land: 18
1x Simic Guildgate
1x Gruul Guildgate
1xStomping Ground
3x island 
6x Forest
6xMountain 

Later on I put in
1x Adaptive Snapjaw to try it out by swapping out bobby for it on game 2, which worked pretty effectively.

Below was my card pool[didn't not relisting ones stated  above]: I honestly did not get much for the early game that works with gruul mostly crap for orzhov early game or to me it seemed. Though I feel after thinking after the tourney I should have used Hands of Binding.
Anything I should have used instead of some of the cards originally used in the sealed?

G: 
3x Skargg Goliath - 1 from guildpack, 1 was foiled, and a out of pack one
1x Hindervines
3x Crocanura
1x Predator's Rapport
3x Verdant Haven

R
1x Crackling Perimeter
1x Warmind Infantry
1x Skullcrack
1x Ember Beast
1x Tin Street Market
2x Massive Raid
1x Structural Collapse

B
2x Horror of the Dim
1x Dying Wish
1x Death's Approach
1x Smog Elemental
1x Syndicate Enforcer
1x Devour Flesh
1x Grisly Spectacle

U
1x Sage's Row Denizen
1x Clinging Anemones
2x Scatter Arc
2x  Hands of Binding

1x Urbis Protector
1x Basilica Guards
1x Knight Watch
1x Nav Squad Commandos
2x Smite
1x Aerial Maneuver
1x Shielded Passage
1x Guildscorn Ward
Hold the Gates

Gruul
1x  Ruination wurm [2nd copy]
1x Gruul Ragebeast

Dmir
1x Mortus Strider
1x Call of the Nightwing
1x Paranoid Delusions

Boros
Nothing at all .-.

Orzhov
1x One-Thousand Lashese
1x Cartel Aristocrat
1x Treasury Thrull
1x Orzhov Charm
1x Beckon Apparition foiled
1x Executioner's Swing

Simic:
1x Simic Charm
1x Hydroform

Artifact:
1x Razortip Whip
1x Riot Gear
1x Millennial Gargoyle

You had 3 Crocanuras and didn't play any of them????

That card is so solid.
bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
You had 3 Crocanuras and didn't play any of them????

That card is so solid.

I had them ready for side-in, but never played against any decks that used fliers.
Dealt with 3 gruuls[Gruul W splash, Gruul-Boros literally], and straight up Gruul], 1 Dmir, and 1 Simic w/ R splash.
which i would  against 2 out of 3 of the gruul[looking to the more or less Naya] and last the dmir and simic
Though I was thinking of trying them, but was not sure what I would cut to throw them in.
Take out the blue as well. Your two splash cards are much too weak for this kind of a splash.

I might take out the Cyclops ( I ran him too, but he was often to late to help win or stop a loss) and run two of the Goliaths! That bloodrush effect is ridiculous!
bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
Take out the blue as well. Your two splash cards are much too weak for this kind of a splash.

I might take out the Cyclops ( I ran him too, but he was often to late to help win or stop a loss) and run two of the Goliaths! That bloodrush effect is ridiculous!

I did swap out Cyclops I put in the 6/2 evolver for 5 in his place when.
I would have probably taken out 1 land, 1 keyrune, 1 mugging, the cloudfin and the shambleshark (now you're solid gruul) and added all 3 crocanura, add massive raid, and the gruul ragebeast maybe, or the adaptive snapjaw, or both ragebeast and snapjaw and -1 crocanura
And yeah i wasnt sure about borbyr dude, he's expensive, i was hoping urza would say something about it because he played with one
And yeah i wasnt sure about borbyr dude, he's expensive, i was hoping urza would say something about it because he played with one

It took over in a game versus boros that i already was slight better on the board. It was fun as hell to chuck mountains and forests at his creatures then swing at a clear board though.

I would prefer the bloodrush big guy though! I'd find a way to run two of those Goliaths!
I think Urza hit it on the head.  Your blue splash was no good, even with Hands of Binding you would have had little evasion to support it's real worth.

Why is no one playing Urbis Protector ?  Six is a BIT expensive, but there really isn't much in this format to compete against a 4/4 flier, plus you get some piddly little 1/1 which can support...uh...somthing (Battalion?  Undercity Informer?).
Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Week 1: Savor the Moment - Winner: ConfusedAsUsual!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Week 2: Grinning Ignus - Winners: Lobster667 and VRdragoon!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Week 3: Transcendence - Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Week 4a: Rofellos's Gift - Winner: SuperSpawnWrithe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Week 4b: Mortus Strider - Winner: Libe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Week 5: High Priest of Penance - Winners: Dilleux_Lepaire and Dudibus!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1
The thing that jumps out most to me about this pool is how high the curve is. You've got a ton of huge monsters but only 3 (non splash) creatures that cost less than 4. warmind infantry and crocanura would go some ways to remedy this problem and buy you some time to cast your monsters.

I don't think act of treason makes sense in your deck, as you aren't very fast. Something like massive raid might be better.

gruul ragebeast seems too strong not to play. he's gotta be better than ruination wurm. Finally, I might try a skarrg goliath over Borborygos.
Sign In to post comments