Thinking of putting together a BU Graveyard Dimir-style deck - any ideas?

1 post / 0 new
Hello all. I used to do this sort of thing a while back - decided to get back into. Let me know what you think.

I've always loved blue/black as a color pairing, and when I saw that WotC decided to revisit Ravnica, I thought it would be a nice time to put together one of the ideas I had floating around in my head.

The basic concept is this: put opponent's cards into graveyard. Use opponent's cards in graveyard against opponent. Things like Dimir Doppelganger (and, to a lesser extent, Lazav, Dimir Mastermind) would be right at the core of the deck. Some quick-and-easy mill (Mind Funeral and Glimpse the Unthinkable) to get a working selection of cards to choose from, then go into Reanimate, Beacon of Unrest, etc. to pull out all of their goodies. There's also Nemesis of Reason and Consuming Aberration for mill on a stick, Mortivore and the like for creature power, and perhaps a Necrotic Ooze if the opponent's deck calls for it (as well as Haunting Echoes, Bitter Ordeal, and Trepanation Bladeif I decide to go for more of a milling approach).

I don't have a complete deck finalized, but any thoughts? Should I make this more milling or more "steal from your graveyard" style? Any cards I missed?