Shield Block VS Flashing Blades

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does a Dwarven Defender's Shield Block ability block a Human Ranger's Flashing Blades Ability? 

For example, if an ally is adjacent to the Dwarf and the Ranger attacks that ally, then deals an additional 10 Flashing Blades damage to the ally, does the Dwarf block 10 both times?
Block 10 would prevent the first 10 damage, and therefore the flashing blades ability would not trigger as damage has not been done.

With a drow blade master, block 10 would block 10 damage, and the remaining 10 damage would go through, triggering the flashing blades ability. However, the 10 damage from the flashing blades ability would be blocked by the block 10, since it is a seperate instance of damage from the initial 20 damage attack.

Really? I didn't think block 10 would activate twice. I find that extremely odd. I haven't been playing it that way and I doubt that I will even if what your saying is correct. 
Really? I didn't think block 10 would activate twice. I find that extremely odd. I haven't been playing it that way and I doubt that I will even if what your saying is correct. 

It doesn't activate as such at all, it's active all the time. Also, it specifically states that it prevents 10 damage whenever a source deals damage, so you could prevent 10 from any and all attacks during a single turn (provided they're all from different sources, which is usually (if not always) the case).

Yeah, obviously if your group hates it you can houserule whatever you like, but it absolutely does work like that by the rules.
Sign In to post comments