Gathering opinions about SJ SC races

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
hm...

For my next homegrown campaign, I want to convert Spelljammer playable races into 4e format.
I will release my versions on the piazza and here, but at first I want to gather opinions about them.

What races do you feel are different enough to warrant an entire race (i.e. would normal 4e gnomes work with little alteration, none at all or do they need a complete revamp), what is the core of that race to you (i.e. which aspects need to be translated into the benefits and powers of 4e) and which races should be dropped altogether in your opinion?

I'm currently lacking the books (will retrieve them in march or april), so I can't start with a complete look, but here is one:

Rastipede
Core: The fact that they're not bipedal has to be translated into a power
Ideas: Some Thri-Kreen feats can be reworked to fit the insectoid theme of the rastipede too
the merchant nature should be the primary focus in a 4e conversion 

Hope to get good input from you guys! 
With the Rastipede you may want to adopt the quick and easy trading system as well.

I will immediately report any Phishers or Lonely Hearts Scam Artists.

The Xixchil with their ability to do grafting and body mods are quite unique. The xixchil ,thri keen , tohr-keen and other insect races could be suitable for a Bugworld?

The Reigar with their living ships(aesthetes) would be quite challenging. Their bodyguards with Shakti's could be difficult as well, each shakti is a unique weapon/armor alternate form thing.

The Dohwar or talking penguins and their flying pigs would be interesting. This would require coming up with cheap items for them to sell and a way of maintaining their humorous influence in the Spell jammer universe. Not everybody likes humor in D+D .