4 Abundant Growth
4 repulse
4cryptic command
1confound

Planeswalkers (3)
1Garruk, primal hunter
1Jace, memory adept
1venser, the sojouner

This deck is designed for 2vs2 or 3vs3 casual matches but i won some 1vs1 with it. It works better than expected and it´s very fun to use, but i´m still working on it. For each spell you play, you draw a card. There are a few exceptions, but they have a reason to be there and don´t hurt the strategy. If your starting hand has 2 or more lands and something to play in turn 1 or 2 you are likely to play a land each turn until the end of the game; and the abundant growth fixes any colour problem you could have.  Usually you play with 6 or 7 cards in hand all the time, sometimes 5, so it doesn´t matter a lot if you have big spells that you can´t still play, you can always play another. In turn 6 comes the primeval titan, and after that you do whatever you want with all those lands.

The lorescale coatl and psychosis crawler both become very powerful in this deck. They will die, but that still buys time.
Playing Kozilec is possible, but he is there mostly to shuffle the graveyard in the library so you don´t have to worry about running out of cards.

you need 4 Lorescale Coatl, he'll speed the deck up nicely.

I saw a lot of decks on MTGO that ran a suite of Lorescale Coatl, Cold-Eyed Selkie and Spreading Seas.  Seas makes your selkie unblockable, selkies doing damage draws you cards, drawing cards buffs your lorescales.  It was pretty fast and fairly brutal, especially when you can buff the selkie somehow
Whats Kozilek doing there?

If I had to guess it's because he's a 12/12 with Annialator 4 that draws four cardsTongue Out
Also, he can recycle the graveyward for free; not sure how much of an issue that would be even in this deck but you never know.
It´s there to recycle the graveyard. I was decked-out a few times before having him. It´s playable after the titan, but at that point i could win with something else without playing kozilek.

you need 4 Lorescale Coatl, he'll speed the deck up nicely.

I saw a lot of decks on MTGO that ran a suite of Lorescale Coatl, Cold-Eyed Selkie and Spreading Seas.  Seas makes your selkie unblockable, selkies doing damage draws you cards, drawing cards buffs your lorescales.  It was pretty fast and fairly brutal, especially when you can buff the selkie somehow

It would like to put more Lorescale Coatl, maybe i could get rid of jace or venser. The cold-eyed and spreading seas combo is nice but i would need to replace 8 cards, i think i can´t do that without changing the main idea of the deck.
Do something and draw a card

The colloquial term for this is "cantrip".
Sign In to post comments