Rakdos's Wrath

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've been working on a Rakdos deck, and so far its been working very well. Its base is the Rakdos Event Deck, but I've added a lot of cards and moved things around. I was wondering what additional cards would best round up my deck, and if I should add anything from my sideboard to my deck. Thanks for the tips. 
www.mtgdeckbuilder.net/Decks/ViewDeck/42...
Honestly, I know they are pricey, but at least 2 (preferably 4) Vexing Devils. Also, bump your Rakdos Cackler up to four and run more spells if you want to make the most of Guttersnipe.
hope this helps
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Vexing might be a bit too much for me now that I look it up, but I agree that it would help. I will add another Rakdos Cackler. I have 14 spells right now, how many would you say would be optimal? If I add more, I'll add another Guttersnipe.

Also, thanks for the tips. 
Maybe around 18, and the more burn you put in, the more effcient Rakdos, Lord of Riots will be. Guttersnipe helps Rakdos too.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Cut your Spawn of Rix Maadi to make it a 60 car deck
you have 5 Rakdos Cacklers (4 maindeck 1 SB) so you should SB something else instead of the extra cackler.

I think Hellion Crucible could do well in a fast deck like this.  And you should definitely replace Rakdos Guildgate wiht more Dragonskull Summit if you get a chance.  Those taplands will cost you valuable turns in a fast deck like this.

I'd run more burn and sideboard Dreadbore for when you play a deck with PWs in it.  It being a sorcery really slows you down.  You might also want to run 1 or 2 Reforge the Soul to refresh your hand near your end game. If you branch into Modern, Terminate is a much better option than most of your removal.

Speaking of Modern, that will give you access to some other neat cards for rakdos, like Keldon Megaliths and of course Lightning Bolt
Sign In to post comments