DOTP 2013 - Will there be a Deck Pack 4 or 2nd Expansion?

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anyone think/know if there will be a Deck Pack 4 or 2nd Expansion?
You will most likley not see them. They are making the Duels releases yearly so you will most likely see 2014 later this year.

IMAGE(https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/eb11/anyarpxhyntrzn86g.jpg)

Probably not, I'm guessing Sean would've announced them by now. Still at least 1 more DP would be nice, I think another mono-black just so all 5 colors has 2 and maybe a tri-colored artifact deck would be cool. But they're most likely going to stick to the 1 expansion 3 DP formula from now on.
C'mon Wizards, we're jonesing for more Decks! I'd fork over $$$ for Exp2 or DP4 or Both.
You will most likley not see them. They are making the Duels releases yearly so you will most likely see 2014 later this year.

id say June 25th, 2013 is when Dotp 2014 will be released
I want mono-black Reanimator and 5 Color Artifact.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

i think they should at least release the 10 extra cards for the decks that dont have them it kind of sucks they release everything by jan then you have to wait til june for the new game im sure many ppl like myself wouldn't mind to pay for these extra cards.
I want mono-black Reanimator and 5 Color Artifact.

Just wondering what red and green artifacts are you thinking of? Or are we talking about Sunburst here? (Which would be very interesting if they don't screw it up)

id say June 25th, 2013 is when Dotp 2014 will be released

heres the thing.:they only intend dotp to be a gateway to magic online and the table top game. as its only an introduction, dont look for them to do anything prolific with it.  
I don't buy this gateway thing anymore. Sure that was the original intent but DOTP has its own community and fanbase. May not make nearly as much as paper but is still enormously profitable. It's time we get continuous releases of expansions or deck packs, etc.
I don't buy this gateway thing anymore. Sure that was the original intent but DOTP has its own community and fanbase. May not make nearly as much as paper but is still enormously profitable. It's time we get continuous releases of expansions or deck packs, etc.

Everyone knows they would make more by annual releases than by one game with lots of DLC.
Is it just me, or did a bunch of posts get randomly deleated from this thread? I recall posting in this thread around post #10 saying that if we were going to get more dlc, Sean would be announcing it soon and it would be realeased in eary February.

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

Yah, it does seem much smaller now.
1v1me didn't post did he?

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

An expansion with 5 cards for all decks in Original 2013 and Expansion 1, then 15 cards for Deck Packs 1, 2, and 3 would be awesome.  Give use some cards that would allow alternate deck builds for the old ones, and cards that would increase the power of the decks in the deck packs.  The only deck that doesn't really need new cards is MM, but that'd just be completely unfair to give everything else new cards but not it.

This would also be an elegant way to make up for the Promo Card debacle.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

I don't buy this gateway thing anymore. Sure that was the original intent but DOTP has its own community and fanbase.

Whether you buy it or not doesn't matter.  If it didn't work, I'm sure they wouldn't continue the program for the 4th year in a row.  I think we can look to the thread that asked about Prereleases for atleast a little evidence that people here are moving into the card game.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

I don't know anyone who plays who's moved into paper or MTGO.  I know people who got into paper magic after a hiatus and moved to DotP as well, but no one who's migrated to one of the pricier options, personally.

I looked at MTGO, but the interface was clunky, it wasn't any cheaper than paper really, and seemed awful slow when I saw Daisho playing.  So I didn't bother beyond fooling around in the interface a bit.

An expansion with 5 cards for all decks in Original 2013 and Expansion 1, then 15 cards for Deck Packs 1, 2, and 3 would be awesome.  Give use some cards that would allow alternate deck builds for the old ones, and cards that would increase the power of the decks in the deck packs.  The only deck that doesn't really need new cards is MM, but that'd just be completely unfair to give everything else new cards but not it.

This would also be an elegant way to make up for the Promo Card debacle.

Hm, now that you brought that up it would also be a way to get the promos to the players out there that didn't find out about them the easy way. Yes I know they had to be living under a rock or something but they do exist(I had to tell a few of my friends about them) so this would be a great way to make sure everyone's on equal footing.

I don't know anyone who plays who's moved into paper or MTGO.  I know people who got into paper magic after a hiatus and moved to DotP as well, but no one who's migrated to one of the pricier options, personally.

I looked at MTGO, but the interface was clunky, it wasn't any cheaper than paper really, and seemed awful slow when I saw Daisho playing.  So I didn't bother beyond fooling around in the interface a bit.

I've seen new players come in the card shop from DOTP, although it was kinda funny when one of them was trying to buy one of the DOTP decks there, the guy behind the counter who never touched DOTP was very confused. :p

I also had the pleasure of helping out a new player that bought the B/W exalted pre-con since he played it in DOTP, not that exalted is a hard mechanic but he did pick up on things a lot faster then other non-DOTP new players, so least there's that.

Hm, now that you brought that up it would also be a way to get the promos to the players out there that didn't find out about them the easy way. Yes I know they had to be living under a rock or something but they do exist(I had to tell a few of my friends about them) so this would be a great way to make sure everyone's on equal footing.

That reminds me of something funny.  I was playing a game and ended up quiting due to not having Mountains in GM.  After I quit, the guy sent me a message entitled "Promo Cards are for ****" and the body of the message was, "Yeah, you better run."  I'm not sure how offensive his title would be, but it wasn't foul language, just anti-semetic.

You're a lose cannon.

Magic Online is cheaper than buying paper cards.  This is not including buying boosters or starters.  I am strictly talking about buying specific cards.  Take Berserk for example.  In MGO, it's $2.50 when buying a virtual copy from MTGOTraders, a company that owns multiple "bots" in that sit in the classifieds section selling cards.  Most of the bots sell cards for a similar, if not cheaper price.

A common place to buy paper cards off of the internet is www.cardkingdom.com.  The cheapest Berserk you can obtain is $24.95.  Even dual lands are cheaper.  Taiga for example.  MTGOTraders sells it for $10.87 at it's cheapest.  Cardkingdom's website sells it for $39.95 at it's cheapest. 

This even includes commons because you can spend $1.00 and buy 100 commons.  Cardkingdom sells bulk sets of 500 commons for $15.00 and individual commons for $0.25.  On average, cards are far cheaper in MTGO than buying paper copies.  If you buy boosters and starters in MTGO, then you're making a mistake unless you're drafting.  That's obviously a different story.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.

Magic Online is cheaper than buying paper cards.  This is not including buying boosters or starters.  I am strictly talking about buying specific cards.  Take Berserk for example.  In MGO, it's $2.50 when buying a virtual copy from MTGOTraders, a company that owns multiple "bots" in that sit in the classifieds section selling cards.  Most of the bots sell cards for a similar, if not cheaper price.

A common place to buy paper cards off of the internet is www.cardkingdom.com.  The cheapest Berserk you can obtain is $24.95.  Even dual lands are cheaper.  Taiga for example.  MTGOTraders sells it for $10.87 at it's cheapest.  Cardkingdom's website sells it for $39.95 at it's cheapest. 

This even includes commons because you can spend $1.00 and buy 100 commons.  Cardkingdom sells bulk sets of 500 commons for $15.00 and individual commons for $0.25.  On average, cards are far cheaper in MTGO than buying paper copies.  If you buy boosters and starters in MTGO, then you're making a mistake unless you're drafting.  That's obviously a different story.

OK, I stand corrected on that.  I was just looking at Boosters and the like.  I've been down the road of standard back int he olden days, and was hoping for a cheap/easy way to do booster drafts and the like.
That would explain why everything seemed to be the same/similar priced as paper versions 
I don't buy this gateway thing anymore. Sure that was the original intent but DOTP has its own community and fanbase.

Whether you buy it or not doesn't matter.  If it didn't work, I'm sure they wouldn't continue the program for the 4th year in a row.  I think we can look to the thread that asked about Prereleases for atleast a little evidence that people here are moving into the card game.

What I meant was that it's now a standalone product and it wouldn't matter anymore if it was brining people to paper Magic or not. I happen to think it does bring people to paper. I tried it and didn't care for it. I'm just not into collecting cards. And I'm not saying no more annual releases either. All I'm saying is we should get our 1 main expansion and then deck packs every month until our annual "update." Also, some kind of promo pool would be great to furthur differentiate everyone's decks. My suggestion is with every deck pack released, release a 10 card promo pool per deck for like a buck or something. Everybody wins as the promo pool would be optional and not hurt the overall balance if done effectively.

What I meant was that it's now a standalone product and it wouldn't matter anymore if it was brining people to paper Magic or not. I happen to think it does bring people to paper. I tried it and didn't care for it. I'm just not into collecting cards. And I'm not saying no more annual releases either. All I'm saying is we should get our 1 main expansion and then deck packs every month until our annual "update."

Which is counter-productive. They would be forcing us to choose between DotP 14 and DotP'13's DLC. Not to mention dividing the playerbase between two games which would hurt the overall experience. That's basically two versions of the same game competing with one another.

Releasing the game and it's contents over 6 months actually works better. It gives people time to get the most out of one game as well as time to build up anticipation for the next. Having them overlap would hurt both.
In the mean time, those like yourself (though not specifically yourself) who want to play Magic year round gravitate towards alternative sources: Magic and Magic Online.

They have a good setup right now.
Also, some kind of promo pool would be great to furthur differentiate everyone's decks. My suggestion is with every deck pack released, release a 10 card promo pool per deck for like a buck or something. Everybody wins as the promo pool would be optional and not hurt the overall balance if done effectively.

No. We've seen how they handle promos. They have to store much of their info in the gameand/or expansion/s programming. As we've seen, that includes codes and such which would inevitably be leaked. Unless they devise a new method of dealing with that it would be a dismal failure, much like the last promotion.

I would rather they go back to "Core -Expansion - Expansion - (expansion)" rather than "Core - Expansion - Deck Pack/Deck Pack/Deck Pack".
The idea of drip-feeding us 10 cards per deck was nice, but flawed as we saw. They need to keep it simple.
Again, I'm not saying overlap. Just more DLC per release. Yes they're set-up is fine but it can get better for us and for them.
If they released more DLC this year, I would certainly buy it w/out question. 
Again, I'm not saying overlap. Just more DLC per release. Yes they're set-up is fine but it can get better for us and for them.

Then if you mean "Core - Expansion - Expansion - (Expansion*)" then we agree.

*the third being in brackets because it would depend on how much content per expansion.
Ideally I would like 10 Core decks in June, Expansion 1 in September, Expansion 2 in November, Expansion 3 in January.
Core Decks with 30 unlocks.
Each expansion containing 4 decks, plus 6 unlocks per deck, plus a new full "campaign".

Final product, 22 decks with 48 unlocks per deck.
All designed, built and playtested in their entirety at the same time and as such balanced against each other so that each is competitive.

Noting as well that in January, you're not just playing the last 4 decks, you have new content added to each of the previous 18 decks, thus improving playability of the game as a whole and stretching the enjoyment further out over the impending 6 months of Downtime.
Yes we agree. What you just wrote I would support!