Doubling Season/Corpsejack Menace and Spikes

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
How do the effects of Doubling Season/Corpsejack Menace interact with effects that move counters rather than generate them such as Spike Cannibal or Spike Rogue?

I feel like it is only intended to interact with counters that are generated but I think the wording is unclear.
To move a counter is to remove it from one object and place one on another. Both Season and Menace will apply.
interesting, the CompRules don't actually definitively support that conclusion

though the interaction has been ruled that way previously

121.5. If an effect says to “move” a counter, it means to take that counter from the object it’s currently on and put it onto a second object. If the first and second objects are the same object, nothing happens. If the first object has no counters, nothing happens; the second object doesn’t get a counter put on it. If the second object (or any possible second objects) is no longer in the correct zone when the effect would move the counter, nothing happens; a counter isn’t removed from the first object.

it specifically uses put instead of place

off to RT&T 

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Taking offers on my set of unopened limited edition full art judge foil basic lands, message me if interested.