Resilence + Dread Return

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi all (first at all, sorry for my english but i'm spanish xP)
My question is:
I play Dredge, with dread return and a creature with resilence (Flayer of the Hatebound).
If Flayer has a +1/+1 counter on it and i sacrifice him to pay Dread return's cost, can I declare the same Flayer on the graveyard like target?
Thanks!
I'm going to assume that the spanish word for the undying ability means resillience.

Flayer of the Hatebound
Dread Return

Dread Return targets a creature in the graveyard. Targets are chosen when casting a spell before costs are paid - therefore, at that point Flayer will still be on the battlefield, and won't be a legal target for the Dread Return.
I'm all about super-control in MTG. If you're able to stop my shenanigans, then there aren't enough shenanigans. Lv 1 Judge Current Decklists Sweeping Beauty (Casual) A Vision of Clones (Casual) Coming soon... more decks! :-O
The ability is called "undying".

No, targets must be chosen before costs are paid. So the Flayer is still on the battlefield when you select a target for Dread Return.
I wonder why WotC didn't choose Eterno or Inmortal instead of Resiliencia

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Taking offers on my set of unopened limited edition full art judge foil basic lands, message me if interested.