Master biomancer talrand

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I think running 13 counters is a little much... Also you're already running dissipate, a counter, why run cancel as well when you can run cheaper counters like Syncopate, Negate or Essence Scatter? Same goes for Geist Snatch really, why run it? I know it nets you a creature, but it's costly for a counter...

You're running , strongly consider Oblivion Ring.

Fleeting Distraction isn't very good, try replacing it and a few the counters with some charms Selesnya Charm and Azorius Charm are nice and in color here. 

You rely heavily on certain creatures here, you might want to find a way to protect them somehow. Give them hexproof maybe?

It's late here and I'm a little tired, so I cant think of anything else ATM. I'll post more suggestions later.

Hope this helps somewhat.

How to autocard:

Show
[c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze

you can also...

[deck]

38 Relentless Rats

22 Swamp

[/deck]

=

You might want to run something like Increasing Savagery to make the Biomancer bigger, and, through him, all your Drake tokens.
Thank you I took your advise andremoved a few counters and added a few charms.
These two cards, while decent in combination, have conflicting strategies which will probably lead to a bad build. Talrand needs a deck packed with non-creature spells, while Biomancer flourishes in a build with a ton of creatures.

The way to potentially get around this is running token-producing spells, like Lingering Souls, Selesnya Charm, the other Selesnya token card, etc. 

Team PMP - Practice Makes Perfect

Team GFG - Good F***ing Game

Disclaimer: This member may or may not be associated with Team GFG in any other regard besides his admiration of its members.

Use faith in the absence of science, not in its stead.

These two cards, while decent in combination, have conflicting strategies which will probably lead to a bad build. Talrand needs a deck packed with non-creature spells, while Biomancer flourishes in a build with a ton of creatures.

The way to potentially get around this is running token-producing spells, like Lingering Souls, Selesnya Charm, the other Selesnya token card, etc. 

biomancer/talrand/call of the nightwing is a pretty awesome core of a deck in some alternative universe where they aren't all at the same cmc.

the deck will likely die to it's own mana base

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

the deck will likely die to it's own mana base

I'm surprised you didn't pick at it more.

Personally, only part I like is Master Biomancer.

(at)MrEnglish22

Sign In to post comments