Enchantments for armor and weapons

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok so Im making a Boss for a friend of mine and I need enchantments that give him speed like a lot basically quick silver kind of fast haha and if they can be like permanent because I know some enchantments are only daily. I want him to hit fast meaning to me putting in as many hits as possible same with shooting his bow. Enchantments that stack would be even better.
...What?
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
What dont you get from the qestion I ask if you dont know or can't help then dont put anything simple is it not?
Let's keep it simple.

You want us to help you design a boss for use in someone else's game?
Let's start here: what edition is it?
FWIW [4e designer] baseline assumption was that roughly 70% of your feats would be put towards combat effectiveness, parties would coordinate, and strikers would do 20/40/60 at-will damage+novas. If your party isn't doing that... well, you are below baseline, so yes, you need to optimize slightly to meet baseline. -Alcestis
What dont you get from the qestion I ask if you dont know or can't help then dont put anything simple is it not?

NPCs and monsters in 4E are not built with the same rules as PCs. They have the abilities that DM deems appropriate to challenge his PCs.

He needs to be fast. Give him a speed of 9, and a trait that ignores the first sqaure of difficult terrain he encounters. Need to be faster still, allow him to save vs slows and immobilizes at the beginning of his turn, instead of the end.

Give it an at will that allows him to make two basic attacks instead of just one.

What do you want it to do. It does it. Don't futz with enchantments, or dailies, or anything else. Just make sure that it compares to the kind of monsters the PCs are expected to face.

Edit: When we ask you for clarification, then yes, it means you aren't clear enough about what you need and why. Answering the question without being rude will get you a lot more assistance than your response.

NPCs and monsters in 4E are not built with the same rules as PCs. They have the abilities that DM deems appropriate to challenge his PCs.

He needs to be fast. Give him a speed of 9, and a trait that ignores the first sqaure of difficult terrain he encounters. Need to be faster still, allow him to save vs slows and immobilizes at the beginning of his turn, instead of the end.

Give it an at will that allows him to make two basic attacks instead of just one.

What do you want it to do. It does it. Don't futz with enchantments, or dailies, or anything else. Just make sure that it compares to the kind of monsters the PCs are expected to face.

Edit: When we ask you for clarification, then yes, it means you aren't clear enough about what you need and why. Answering the question without being rude will get you a lot more assistance than your response.

^
Bolded emphasis mine. Prickish responses get prickish comments back.

Your initial request doesn't fly here, hence my question. We don't 'build' bosses/NPCs/monsters/etc for you. That is something you do on your own. Make a build, present it, and pray for constructive responses, otherwise, suck it up and wing it like any other DM does.
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
No no.  Lets help the playa out.  Lets see..permanent Enchantment of Haste: 2 attacks per round.  Give the monster 4 arms.  Great Bow with great arrows in one pair.  One Great spear in other pair you know for reach attack.  Then he can shoot his arrow and also shiskabob with his spear. Hm...i would go for dragon head for breath attack too.  Make that a dragonborn head then can use dragonborn breath.  Once he sticks the pc with spear can cook him with his breath.  Pretty cool stuff.

Hm...  I would also give him a scorpion body with a poison sting.  Oh, oh give him a petrification gaze too.    That will really screw the players.

Bow attack, spear attack, sting attack, petrifying gaze, poison sting.  There.  You got a TPK monster!Laughing 
I'm sorry for everyone that didn't understood the question to me it seemed fine then again I'm the one writing it. I also did not ask for anyone to make me a boss Tech-Priest. I said I was making a boss for a friend, nor did I think I was being "Prickish" I may have been rude because of the way you replayed, if you had replayed to my question more properly then I wouldn't have been rude because "...What?" the way written is well rude so next time be more friendly and clear in your writing and I'll do the same . Thanks to everyone that understood the question I simply needed enchantments like I ask in my question. LolaBonne the Grammar-Nazi lol sorry you couldn't read it I'll do my very best to do better on my punctuation from now on..... you think I'm joking but I'm not . Ghost007 I really like the Idea! the hole spear thing and the dragon breath seems very legit!!! and MalakLightFoot he is actually going to be a Warforged speed tank.
First off, what Edition?

Second, if you're 'making a Boss for a friend,' are you using an existing creature, or making up your own?

If it's the former, then look into the respective Edition's MM/DMG on rules for creating/modifying creatures/NPCs- that'll get you started.

If it's the latter, then you can stat up whatever the hell you want, and generic rules-specific enchants/whatever don't really apply.

Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
Yeah. I'm sorry Boston77.  You should get the help you are asking.
Ok. You got to tell everyone what DnD Edition you are playing 1st.  Then you can get the right answers you are looking for. 
4ed and I'm making up my own creature. Tech-Priest when you say former you mean the latest edition and latter older edition's correct?
4ed and I'm making up my own creature. Tech-Priest when you say former you mean the latest edition and latter older edition's correct?

to re eddit Tech preists post for you.

If you are using an existing creature look into the respective eddition's MM/DMG for creating modifying creatures/NPCs that'll get you started

If you are making your own you can stat up what ever the hell you want and generic / rules-specific  enchantments whatever don't really apply.  
The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.

to re eddit Tech preists post for you.

If you are using an existing creature look into the respective eddition's MM/DMG for creating modifying creatures/NPCs that'll get you started

If you are making your own you can stat up what ever the hell you want and generic / rules-specific  enchantments whatever don't really apply.  

Hit the nail right on the head, thanks Sea-Envy, lol!

Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because trolling/baiting is a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code of Conduct here: company.wizards.com/conduct

Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively.

If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.