G/W Deck - Need advice

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Just getting started on building my own decks and think this looks pretty good and hopefully standard legal:

2 Angelic Overseer
2 Armada Wurm
4 Avacyn's Pilgrim
4 Borderland Ranger
3 Call of the Conclave
2 Condemn
10 Forest
1 Garruk, Primal Hunter
3 Growing Ranks
4 Loxodon Smiter
2 Oblivion Ring
10 Plains
3 Rampant Growth
3 Selesnya Charm
2 Sigarda, Host of Herons
4 Sunpetal Grove
3 Trostani, Selesnya's Voice

Haven't playtested or actually built the thing yet so any advice or criticism is welcome.

Thanks 

Neither Condem nor Rampant Growth are standard legal.  Similar to rampant growth is Farseek, but you would want to be playing some Temple Gardens to go along with it.

Your deck is somewhat aggressive, so condemn might not fit anyway.  I might suggest adding more Oblivion Rings to replace the condemns that were 'lost' by making the deck standard legal.  Also, if you do have some number of farseeks, you could probably cut at least one land.  Your deck tops out at 6 mana.  And, with borderland rangers, avacyn's pilgrim's, and rampant growth/farseek, you shouldn't have too much trouble with your mana, so you may find 24 a bit too excessive.  You probably don't want to go down to 22 though, as that's getting a bit low.  Shaving off one land will let you add another of something else, maybe another removal spell (selesnya charm?).
Actually, it looks like you have 62 cards, so you could cut the one land (going to 23 total) and one other card to get you down to 60

My forever unfinished blog of the 2010 MTGO Community Cup: if you're ever bored...