Smokestack and ending turn

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
1)  During my upkeep, if I add a soot counter onto smokestack, can I avoid sacrificing a permanent by responding with sundial of the infinite?

2)  Without adding a soot counter, can I avoid sacrificing a permanent by responding with sundial of the infinite?

Thank you
1)  During my upkeep, if I add a soot counter onto smokestack, can I avoid sacrificing a permanent by responding with sundial of the infinite?

Yes, provided you put the triggered abilites on the stack in the correct order. You'll want to put the "sacrifice" trigger on the stack first, and the "add a counter" trigger on the stack on top of it. Wait until the "add a counter" trigger has resolved, and then respond by using Sundial of the Infinite
2)  Without adding a soot counter, can I avoid sacrificing a permanent by responding with sundial of the infinite?

Yes. In this case, the order doesn't really matter, since you can just respond to whatever happens to be on top of the stack.

Yes, provided you put the triggered abilites on the stack in the correct order. You'll want to put the "sacrifice" trigger on the stack first, and the "add a counter" trigger on the stack on top of it. Wait until the "add a counter" trigger has resolved, and then respond by using Sundial of the Infinite

Yes. In this case, the order doesn't really matter, since you can just respond to whatever happens to be on top of the stack.

thank you